Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Winter projects

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my rear end back from the chassis shop. He used modified a body spring perches to relocate the springs forward of the axle tube to line them up with the upper seats. Now I won't get the S curve in the spring all stock g body's get when using coil over style springs. He also leveled the seats with the pinion vs. the factory 9 degree back rotation of the seats. My springs should sit just about perfect.

Also got my new tank and put the sump in, welded a vent fitting and a return line fitting.

Now I just need to order all my rear end goodies to start putting it together.

Last edited by Horsepwraddict; 03-16-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got my rear together, with a new 31 spline trac-lok and motor sports 3.73's. I will be ordering moser 31 spline c-clip axles next. This is the second set of gears I set up for this. I had a fight with the first set of gears I ordered, I couldn't get them to pattern right and I ended up throwing a set of used gears in it. Looking back I think the first set may have been fine, I had never set up face hobbed gears before and I wasn't comfortable/aware with how they pattern differently. Oh well, live and learn.

All the stuff for my new fuel system came in and that's the next project. Im switching from a deadhead style regulator to a return system. I decided to run aeroquip pushlok hose.

And totally irrelevant to the car, I just got my new tool box top. I really wanted stainless but I couldn't justify the price. I went butcher block, this thing is nice enough to be in my kitchen...I may order another one lol
Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put my new tank in, remounted my pump with my new magna fuel filter, -10 lines and return style regulator. I was sick of looking at the ugly upper radiator hose I had with my truck pump so I ordered a set of dirty dingo spacers and put an f-body pump on the motor. I'm very happy with how it looks over the old hacked up hose
Name:  229B76DA-3B13-43E4-81D2-3334BE02906A_zpsn7bzymvm.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  164.5 KB

Quick Reply: Winter projects