Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Connecting msd 6010 to computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting msd 6010 to computer

I've been having a time trying to get this box to connect to the computer, I was first trying to connect it to a lap top with I believe windows 8 using a USB to serial port adapter and I couldn't get it to work it just kept saying loopback test, so I called msd tech they didn't say much except they said it could be the USB to serial port wasn't compatible. So then I brought it home and remembered I had an old desk top with windows 98 and it had a serial port so I thought problem solved but no. On this computer it says not com port available when you enter the msd software then I try refreshing com port in the software and it says something like com port 1 not available invalid handle. Can someone help me out???
Old 03-03-2019, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 109 Likes on 97 Posts

When you connect it, you may have to see what com port you're in....check them all until you find.

Also, after connecting, it needs to be powered up (key on) I tested mine on the bench using a batter charger to power it while I played.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug G
When you connect it, you may have to see what com port you're in....check them all until you find.

Also, after connecting, it needs to be powered up (key on) I tested mine on the bench using a batter charger to power it while I played.
in the lap top I try all the USB ports and tried to Change the com port number nothing worked and on the old computer it's only got one com port. And yes I had it powered up.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

when you plug it in, do you see it show up on your device manager?