Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Putting a LT1 into a 98 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009 | 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

Driftunit your friend eather needs a driver mod or his car runs like **** cause it should put some cars on you.
Old 04-27-2009 | 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Sad to see fellow LT1/LS1 f body owners at each others throats. Both run really well, if taken care of. But it does get old to constantly see/hear all the LS1 owners think that their engine was created by the hand of god.
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

No one is at anyones throat here, its just a discussion.

Apparently my friends car has a bad engine or it wasnt built right, hints throwing off my whole judgment on lt1 cars because i really havent been around but a few including his.

I dont think the ls1 is a super engine by any means but i do think for the money its the best bang for buck.
Old 04-28-2009 | 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with drift im not as his throat either just bullshittin thanks for the complement on the build, i think the ls1 is a super engine, its got better technology then my lt1 and they are super strong and can be built strongly easily and cheaply, thats the facts, lt1 cars are slower stock but i think some people dont realize how cheaply they can be built up thats all

Your friends car has a bad setup, you can tell right when u said hotcam haha

The o-p hasnt even chimed in to tell us what his plans for the car are

If i had an LS powered car the last thing i would do would be to put an lt1 in its place, but if its a 3.8 cut that punk out
Old 04-28-2009 | 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by EnfuegoZ28
There is nothing wrong with the LT1, especially if it is already paid for. Personally I would swap the front end and interior, seems easier than trying to swap from a v6 to an LT1. I love these threads that people start and then never return to.
I'm sure he has not responded because no one has answered his question. This is not a debate about what is better the LS1 or LT1. He wanted to know if it was difficult to put an LT1 into a V6 body.

Quick Reply: Putting a LT1 into a 98 camaro