Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking to pick up a 2000 Camaro Z28... need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to pick up a 2000 Camaro Z28... need advice

Well, it's been awhile since I've been in the F-body scene, but I'm about to pick up one as a daily driver. I just want to get some of your opinions on it.

It's a 2000 Camaro Z28, bone stock, brand new A4 transmission, it's a base model (no power windows) but has the optional t-tops (no leakage), 112k miles, on 2nd owner who is a mechanic, the body is straight but it has some minor scrapes and scratches and some imperfections here and there (outer door clips are coming off as well as some of the weathering liner), the interior is complete and clean (especially in the front) but some of the plastic pieces are coming apart in the rear (not too bad at all), A/C blows ice cold, everything mechanically works on the car.

I took it for a test drive today, gave her a hard run and there was no slippage in the transmission, everything was tight, and the engine pulled good even with the A/C on. It was well taken care of, but was probably left outside all it's life so it's weathered the exterior a bit, which I explained in the opening description. The cabin is mostly quiet, has some minor drivetrain noises upon deceleration, but it didn't both me.

I thoroughly inspected the car, inside and out, and underneath the chassis and it all looks good (even that shiny new tranny). I don't plan to do any heavy modifications, it's going to mainly be a daily. The guy wants $4000 for it since his 3 kids don't fit comfortably in it.... what do you guys think? Going to have to make a decision soon, since I'm the first of many people coming to look at the car.

Anyone have a carfax, I'd like to run the vin because I'm super ****... lol. I have lot's of experience with the engine, but not a lot with the F-body chassis.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$4K isn't bad for a running LS car.

FYI: You might want to edit your post and take out the carfax request. Threads have been locked because of it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...ad-banned.html
Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a good deal, now buy the damn thing or i will!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM

What are outer door clips?

$4K sounds like a good deal.