Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Help me save my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me save my car

I have a 68 camaro and need to get it out of the shop before I lose it. Any kind of donation would be greatly appreciated. Its in the body shop and if I dont come up with 6,000 by the end of the month I will lose the car. I do not want that to happen, it was my first car and I Built it with my father. Let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks to anyone who will try to help me out. I will post pictures of it in a little. Any help would be great..
Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that man, but I don't think you should ask for donations from strangers online. If the 68 means so much to you, consider selling the car in your avatar to pay for it. Or anything else you may own that could give you the extra cash. $6k is a lot to ask and to be giving nothing in return.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

With all due respect, this is one of those times where someone has to fall down before they can move forward...
Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Green Demon
I have a 68 camaro and need to get it out of the shop before I lose it. Any kind of donation would be greatly appreciated. Its in the body shop and if I dont come up with 6,000 by the end of the month I will lose the car. I do not want that to happen, it was my first car and I Built it with my father. Let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks to anyone who will try to help me out. I will post pictures of it in a little. Any help would be great..
You're retarded

Spending money on headers on your 98 z28 and you wonder why you can't get your car out, stfu. Sell your camaro if you're serious.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...l#post12491230
Old 12-04-2009, 08:14 PM

Better luck on ls1.com
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only help I can give ya is to talk to the guys at the shop and see if they can't hold the car a little longer while you come up with the money.

This happens at my shop more often then what you would think.

It makes a big difference when people stop by and say that they are in a tight spot or trying to come up with the money vs no showing up for 6 months and we are then stuck with the bill and storage.

But by no means ask to get the car and makes payments...won't happen.

Maybe get a loan like ^^^ said.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Teching In

I'm posting to sell my 98, I found out 2 nights ago that the insurance money was not given to the body shop and the car was put into the body shop about 1yr ago when I got hit in an accident and my parents are the ones who were taking care of the insurance and dealing with the body shop. So when my dad called me telling me my mother spent the 6 grand from the insurance money and now were in the hole was brought to my attention 2 days ago. Ya i agree with everyone with this and selling my 98 is the best idea and is what I am doing, and the money I have that I was going to spend on headers and all the other stuff for my 98 has gone towards the 68 to save it. That was a project car with my dad and has been in my fam since it was bought from the dealer in 1969 and don't want to lose it. When I say donation doesn't mean the whole thing I mean like a few dollars, my buddy has collected some money from friends to help out and even my neighbor so I'm doing my best. And selling off the extra parts I have for the car now in order to make more money and selling everything I can to make more money. Btw how much is the original 327 worth? Does anyone know? When i started restoring the car I pulled the original motor and put in a 350, but want to know what the value of it might be? I also sold my 74 truck and that put me a little more than a grand forward but still tryin hard.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

all i can say is GL to you. and i haev to agree, that i small personal loan at a credit union may be your quickest way to save the car.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Demon
my mother spent the 6 grand from the insurance money.
I would be asking this person first. GL