Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

4th Gen Camaro Production Breakdowns

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, I signed up for my CompNine report and ran it. Is there a "1 of XXX" section anywhere or am I missing it?
Old 08-16-2019, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Forgive my ignorance, I signed up for my CompNine report and ran it. Is there a "1 of XXX" section anywhere or am I missing it?
I've not used CompNine for years now, so I'm not familiar with their current data format. Years ago, once you entered your VIN, their GUI would return a list of RPO codes for that car (each RPO had a number associated with it that reflected the number of like-model cars - same body & same model year - that also had that RPO), and at the bottom of that list was a statement to the effect of "This car is 1 of YYYY built with these same RPO codes" (YYYY was always the total number of like-model cars in their database with the EXACT SAME RPO codes). Of course, since one of the RPO codes reflects the week of production, that level of "filtering" on EVERY RPO code almost always resulted in that statement containing a "1" in place of YYYY. For a while, there was a feature where you could select / de-select RPO codes to filter on to determine a more realistic YYYY value (how I was able to glean the numbers in the production breakdowns.........w/ a LOT of tedious work!). Thus, to get a more meaningful "1 of YYYY" count for a car, you would select just the engine, trans, body color, interior etc. to filter on. This would get you a accurate count of the number of cars (within a model year and body style) that contained a particular combination of RPO codes.

I would be surprised if they removed that feature, but its possible. Maybe they were concerned that too many people were mis-using it (or not understanding it) and claiming their car was a "1 of 1". There is no "standardized" method for the determination of "YYYY", so the best you can do is to explicitly state what the numbers mean, for example: My WS6 is 1 of 50 '98 WS6 'verts w/ M6, black exterior and Pewter Leather interior (that number would be lower if I also included the optional trunk-mounted CD player, optional cassette HU and optional traction control).
Old 08-16-2019, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
I've not used CompNine for years now, so I'm not familiar with their current data format. Years ago, once you entered your VIN, their GUI would return a list of RPO codes for that car (each RPO had a number associated with it that reflected the number of like-model cars - same body & same model year - that also had that RPO), and at the bottom of that list was a statement to the effect of "This car is 1 of YYYY built with these same RPO codes" (YYYY was always the total number of like-model cars in their database with the EXACT SAME RPO codes). Of course, since one of the RPO codes reflects the week of production, that level of "filtering" on EVERY RPO code almost always resulted in that statement containing a "1" in place of YYYY. For a while, there was a feature where you could select / de-select RPO codes to filter on to determine a more realistic YYYY value (how I was able to glean the numbers in the production breakdowns.........w/ a LOT of tedious work!). Thus, to get a more meaningful "1 of YYYY" count for a car, you would select just the engine, trans, body color, interior etc. to filter on. This would get you a accurate count of the number of cars (within a model year and body style) that contained a particular combination of RPO codes.

I would be surprised if they removed that feature, but its possible. Maybe they were concerned that too many people were mis-using it (or not understanding it) and claiming their car was a "1 of 1". There is no "standardized" method for the determination of "YYYY", so the best you can do is to explicitly state what the numbers mean, for example: My WS6 is 1 of 50 '98 WS6 'verts w/ M6, black exterior and Pewter Leather interior (that number would be lower if I also included the optional trunk-mounted CD player, optional cassette HU and optional traction control).

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious. I know the car isnt anything super rare. Arctic white 99 M6 with charcoal interior, t-tops, and the fe4 suspension are the only notable options.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious. I know the car isnt anything super rare. Arctic white 99 M6 with charcoal interior, t-tops, and the fe4 suspension are the only notable options.
Of the 4027 '99 SS coupes built, 2647 had M6, and of those:
- 222 were Arctic White
- 2120 had T-top
- 447 had Lt Grey Cloth interior
- 1661 had Pewter Leather interior (not sure which is described as charcoal interior)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Of the 4027 '99 SS coupes built, 2647 had M6, and of those:
- 222 were Arctic White
- 2120 had T-top
- 447 had Lt Grey Cloth interior
- 1661 had Pewter Leather interior (not sure which is described as charcoal interior)
Yeah mines the pewter leather. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 production breakdown question

Not much interest? Here's what I've done so far for the '93-'97s. Includes 1LEs, B4Cs, SS and even some LS1s. Betcha didn't know that in '96 and '97 several Z28s had LS1s installed. I'm assuming these were all development mules and were never sold to the public, but nonetheless their RPO listings showed up. There were also a bunch of '96 'verts w/ the 5.0L LB9 engine installed.

One thing that didn't show up though were the '97 SS 30ths. Not sure why. Was there something special about these?

UPDATE 3/26/10: Minor corrections to color names.
UPDATE 6/24/10: Corrected omission in '95 Z28 'vert color breakdown.
UPDATE 7/23/10: Corrected '96-'97 SS counts using correct RPO (R7T), which also revealed where the '97 SS 30ths were hiding.

If anyone sees errors or omissions, please let me know.

I have an 02 SS Sebring Silver that came with the 35th Anniversary Interior and 35th machined rims. Does anyone know where do I find the breakdown of solid color cars with this interior? I can’t seem to find that breakdown.

thank you
Old 12-24-2020, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Debbra Schlosser
I have an 02 SS Sebring Silver that came with the 35th Anniversary Interior and 35th machined rims. Does anyone know where do I find the breakdown of solid color cars with this interior? I can’t seem to find that breakdown.

thank you
The reason you can't find such a breakdown is because this combination was not possible from the factory. The two-tone leather interior that was offered on the 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Camaro SS was part of the Z4C package. This interior was part of the same package that included red exterior paint and 35th anniversary graphics/stripes and badging. The wheels were also part of this package.

You can check your SPID sticker for RPO "Z4C" and you will find that it is not present if the car was originally Sebring Silver (hence not a factory 35th LE package car). If you have a Sebring Silver car that has the complete 35th LE interior and matching wheels, then it was modified to contain these items at some point after initial production; this was not available from the factory.

Just an FYI, the "35th Anniversary" badge on the dash was standard on all 2002 Camaros and is not specific to the LE package cars.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Default Rpo

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The reason you can't find such a breakdown is because this combination was not possible from the factory. The two-tone leather interior that was offered on the 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Camaro SS was part of the Z4C package. This interior was part of the same package that included red exterior paint and 35th anniversary graphics/stripes and badging. The wheels were also part of this package.

You can check your SPID sticker for RPO "Z4C" and you will find that it is not present if the car was originally Sebring Silver (hence not a factory 35th LE package car). If you have a Sebring Silver car that has the complete 35th LE interior and matching wheels, then it was modified to contain these items at some point after initial production; this was not available from the factory.

Just an FYI, the "35th Anniversary" badge on the dash was standard on all 2002 Camaros and is not specific to the LE package cars.

Hope this helps.

So I think I figured it out. I have the original SLP information. It’s an SLP car #3096.

At SLP the Anniversary machined rims and interior were put in / on the car.

I’ve been searching for another car non LE with the anniversary interior and wheels but have yet to find one.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

So I think I figured it out. I have the original SLP information. It’s an SLP car #3096.

I’ve been searching for another car non LE with the anniversary interior and wheels but have yet to find one.
The interior and wheels were not available separately from the original LE (Z4C) package, nor could they be ordered as separate "Y2Y" options from SLP during SS (WU8) conversion. In addition to Z4C, the two-tone leather seats would require RPO 193 (Ebony/Pewter Leather) and the machined face 35th-specific wheels would require RPO QG4 if they were both original content. If these items were installed on your car at SLP, it would not have been part of the "official" LE package and therefore not an "original" option. So there would be no count or tracking method to see how many others might exist as this is something custom and not a factory spec'ed option or package.

The only way that a Sebring Silver SS could have come from the factory with the machined face 35th LE wheels (QG4) is if it was a Brickyard 400 Event Vehicle (which would also then include RPO Z7D), but that would still not include the two-tone (193) 35th interior. Additionally, all of these cars were convertibles.

What does your SLP documentation state regarding the wheels and interior? This would be interesting to see as it would not have been part of any standard process or offering, not listed on any standard ordering sheets, and therefore also not likely to be listed on the passenger side door jamb sticker.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Default 02 with anniversary items

The interior and wheels were not available separately from the original LE (Z4C) package, nor could they be ordered as separate "Y2Y" options from SLP during SS (WU8) conversion. In addition to Z4C, the two-tone leather seats would require RPO 193 (Ebony/Pewter Leather) and the machined face 35th-specific wheels would require RPO QG4 if they were both original content. If these items were installed on your car at SLP, it would not have been part of the "official" LE package and therefore not an "original" option. So there would be no count or tracking method to see how many others might exist as this is something custom and not a factory spec'ed option or package.

The only way that a Sebring Silver SS could have come from the factory with the machined face 35th LE wheels (QG4) is if it was a Brickyard 400 Event Vehicle (which would also then include RPO Z7D), but that would still not include the two-tone (193) 35th interior. Additionally, all of these cars were convertibles.

What does your SLP documentation state regarding the wheels and interior? This would be interesting to see as it would not have been part of any standard process or offering, not listed on any standard ordering sheets, and therefore also not likely to be listed on the passenger side door jamb sticker.

im not sure what to say here’s my car which I’m the 3rd owner. I’ll post pics

Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen Camaro Production Breakdowns-04903bf8-9e1d-4b58-a57d-6304c1881f06.jpeg  
Old 12-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Default 02 SS with Anniversary

not sure what to say but even the rims have the original gm marki

ngs
Old 12-24-2020, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Old 12-24-2020, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

A photo of your door decal w/ the RPO codes would remove all doubt. Because according to CompNine's vast database of GM VINs indicates that ALL 35th anniversary SSs (RPO Z4C), and ONLY the 35th anniversary SSs came w/ the LE interior (RPO 193), and ALL of those had RPO 81U Bright Red exterior. As RPM mentioned, the 57 Brickyard 400 (RPO Z7D) cars also came w/ the RPO QG4 wheels that were otherwise exclusive to the LE cars.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:26 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

im not sure what to say here’s my car which I’m the 3rd owner. I’ll post pics
not sure what to say but even the rims have the original gm marki
There really isn't anything to say, other than the fact that these 35th LE specific pieces were added post-production as custom modifications. GM stamping on the wheels only indicates that they are original GM wheels, not necessarily that they originally came on this specific vehicle.

You mentioned having some sort of SLP documentation regarding these items, but all that I see posted above is the original GM window sticker which clearly does not show the 35th Anniversary special edition package (which was a separate line item on the window sticker for $2,500, and which wouldn't be present on a Sebring Silver car in the first place). This is also obviously not one of the Z7D Brickyard 400 convertible cars (but those didn't come with the 193 two-tone seats anyway).

So it seems that a previous owner has simply added the 193 interior and QG4 wheels at some point. The car does have other visible modifications as well, including aftermarket headlights and slotted rotors.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the color combination and RPO info for the 1998- to 2002 is in a book I got last month. All 1998-2002 Camaro colors codes and Quantities. It says 193 was only with Z4c. From you windoe sticker, a Silver SS with Ebony and auto tranny the book shows 260 total with leather ebony, 17 total with cloth Ebony
Old 12-25-2020, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 80blue4
I think the color combination and RPO info for the 1998- to 2002 is in a book I got last month. All 1998-2002 Camaro colors codes and Quantities. It says 193 was only with Z4c. From you windoe sticker, a Silver SS with Ebony and auto tranny the book shows 260 total with leather ebony, 17 total with cloth Ebony

the original owner must have done it early on it’s it’s life. I didn’t think you could get this interior or wheels unless it came on car. The car only has 45k miles on it and I’m glad it has the wheels and interior I prefer.

thank you all for the information.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would agree with the others, this car couldn't have come from the factory with those wheels and interior. I believe the photo below is a page from a dealer product guide and it gives a written description of the 35th Anniversary model and its exclusive equipment.

The Service Parts Identification decal in the driver door jam would have all the RPO for the 35th Anniversary option as mentioned above. The picture below is from a 35th Anniversary model convertible. Notice the RPO's Z4C and QG4, plus the interior designation of 193.

The Window sticker also identified the 35th Anniversary package. You'll notice on the right side where it shows the $2500 option for the 35th Anniversary package.

Old 12-26-2020, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by peterpar
I would agree with the others, this car couldn't have come from the factory with those wheels and interior. I believe the photo below is a page from a dealer product guide and it gives a written description of the 35th Anniversary model and its exclusive equipment.

The Service Parts Identification decal in the driver door jam would have all the RPO for the 35th Anniversary option as mentioned above. The picture below is from a 35th Anniversary model convertible. Notice the RPO's Z4C and QG4, plus the interior designation of 193.

The Window sticker also identified the 35th Anniversary package. You'll notice on the right side where it shows the $2500 option for the 35th Anniversary package.

The original owner made the investment in the 35th anniversary interior and wheels from what I’ve found out he purchased soon after getting the car. It just puzzled me because I didn’t think you could buy them unless you ordered it from the factory.

the car is far from stock it is very modified.

Thank you for the additional information I’m printing and putting it with my SS information materials for the chance we buy another SS to add to our collection of cars.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It just puzzled me because I didn’t think you could buy them unless you ordered it from the factory.
You're right, that equipment could not be ordered on a car from the factory unless the 35th Anniversary model was purchased. However, anyone could order those parts through a dealership Parts Department or buy them from a salvage yard with a totaled car.
Old 12-26-2020, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

the car is far from stock it is very modified.
Like I said, a photo of your RPO decal on the driver's door would reveal the original wheels and interior that your car came with from the factory. Also, don't presume that the wheels and interior were "new" and installed "outside the factory" when the car was new. Its more likely that a previous owner had access to a totaled 35th and swapped the wheels and interior into your car. Easy to do in an afternoon.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen Camaro Production Breakdowns