Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking for suggestions on new project(74 camaro)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for suggestions on new project(74 camaro)

I just got the car this weekend and tonight removed all the interior except the dash, still needs more cleaning up to get all the dust and gunk on the floor, but the floor seems solid, minor surface rust around the front seat bolt holes and around the drain plugs in on the back seats.

So my question is, once im done cleaning it up, what should i use to treat those rust areas? I plan on putting down some dynomat or another sound barrier on the floor before installing the new carpet, so id like to make sure i treat and take care of anything i need to for the floor.

Also another thing id like some suggestions is on the center console. The one that was in there was so bad that its not worth using again, cracked and broken in to many places to name. So my question is, what are your ideas on leaving the factory console out and replacing the shifter with something like a hurst shifter and just removing the 2 brackets that were used to hold on the console? Im not looking to restore the car to its original look and feel. But do want to do things right and not cut corners on things.. just looking for some feed back
Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rust extend is a rust treatment u can use then paint the floor w/ a Rustoleum paint w/ a brush so it is thick.U can get a new console and put a nice BM Quicksilver shifter that fits in place of the factory one.

Quick Reply: Looking for suggestions on new project(74 camaro)