Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Second-gen Camaro parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Second-gen Camaro parts

Friend of mine just picked up a '79 Z28 as a project car, and we've started to look for parts for it (primarily suspension), and we really haven't been able to find much of anything for it. BMR makes a few basic parts, plus the monster chassis assembly, but I haven't seen anything else, really. Am I just looking in the wrong places, or is there really that much of a dearth of parts for the late-year 2nd gen cars?

Also, when he picked the car up, the seller told him it had a "modified" 1988 10-bolt in it. Took a look under the car, and there are no torque arm provisions on the diff and it's set up for leaf springs (the first reason I thought the guy was full of **** about the axle). The axle has disc brakes, but the calipers are staggered - driver's side is on the rear of the axle and passenger on the front, I believe - to clear the staggered shock setup on the axle. It's an open-diff 10-bolt, but the whole axle was painted a couple times and we can't find any casting numbers or tags on it...absolutely no clue what it could have been from.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go this site, ton of info and knowledge there for 2nd gens.

http://www.nastyz28.com/
Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U can use 3rd gen rear disc on a 1st & 2nd gen thats what he is probally talking about.

Quick Reply: Second-gen Camaro parts