Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Idle problems???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problems???

I have a 2000 z28. The car has cam, heads, intake, exhaust... Minor bolt ons. When the car is cold it will idle fine. But once it warms up when i go to push the clutch in it wants to hold idle at abou 1700. Once i get to a complete stop the car will idle down to normal (About 800-1000) What could this be? I have cleaned my IAC(Idle Air Control) please get back to me with any help you have.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same problem, with cam, heads, 1.85 lifters, lt's, SLP exhaust, but I might have created it cause when i got the car all this was done to it ran great 'when you where giving it gas' but it would die when you came to a stop and pushed in the clutch, worse with the AC on. After some investigation it was way too rich at idle and warmed up. Someone told me that you drill the hole in the throttle plate bigger and get the mixture corrected. It worked after drilling it substantially bigger. But the idle went up 200 rpm's which i fixed with a Diablosport Tuner. Then this weird problem cropped up where it wanted to accelerate down the road with my foot off the gas and Idling 1800 rpm's or so till I came to a complete stop. So check your throttle plate to see if it's bigger than a number 26 drill bit. and if it's something closer to 1/4 inch then someone drilled that out. I have come to the conclusion I have to get a new throttle plate and have my computer flashed to lean out the idle to the correct mixture. Anyone else have some insight on this.