Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1968 Camaro - Project "BLUE HOUR"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flash911
Hey Maxie it's Ron on that 'other' site. I knew you'd respond... don't listen to this knucklehead! :yes:
I'm not worried, I get worse from jackholes at car shows saying crap like, "How could you cut up an original?!?! UHHAA!!!!!"

My response typically is, "So, let me get this straight, you want me to throw back in the original 6 cylinder and powerglide, and that's better in your opinion?!"

Usually shuts them up.

Originally Posted by Doug G
When a roll bar or cage is done right , you can almost not see it.
The idea is to be hidden from view with the windows up.

~Eric
Old 01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Small update:

Ok, this spending 2-3 hours at a time in the garage and seeing no visible progress is getting a tad tiresome!! LOL

Wiring is certainly not my strong point, but AAW's kit doesn't make it seem like the giant mountain I'm making it out to be.

I'm slowly figuring out that with my setup as-is... I won't need a lot of the harness...

- dash harness - GONE (all taken care of by the Stack cluster)
- Console cluster harness - GONE
- Engine wiring harness - GONE (the LS's harness takes car of that easily)

So in a lot of ways this is easier and harder at the exact same time. I'm really glad I went with the upgraded kit that has 18 circuits, always room to throw in a banging stereo later if I want to

Super pissed that Radioshack doesn't carry these style of LED's in blue anymore Grrrr....
Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Been wiring like a mo'fo lately.

I finished the rear wiring harness yesterday and now it's on to the front wiring harness. I tried to clean things up a bit and remove a lot of lead wires for the engine bay that really aren't necessary anymore (water temp wire, starter solenoid wire...etc). Leaves me about 10 total wires under the hood, not including the LS wiring bundle.

Anywhoozle,

Can't finish the head lights and turn signals without putting the fenders back on! I can taste it it's so close!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maxharvard
The wife got me this for Father's Day

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwibluetooth/

Allows me to run my Android phone and run diagnostics with a bunch of other parameters. A friggin' scan tool on my phone! What a world! LOL

She told me, "now I that I figured the Camaro will have a fancy new engine, you'll need this"

HAH!! Awesome!
Hey Eric, it's the other Eric here (70rd from lat-g)
Have you had a chance to try this ap p/tool on anything yet? I'm very interested in buying one and they are half off right now.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1970fbody
Hey Eric, it's the other Eric here (70rd from lat-g)
Have you had a chance to try this ap p/tool on anything yet? I'm very interested in buying one and they are half off right now.
I have, and its great!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Your build is awesome man. Modded first gen is in my bucket list and this is nearly what I think it would look like.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BADNBLK
Your build is awesome man. Modded first gen is in my bucket list and this is nearly what I think it would look like.
Thanks, I had a great opportunity come my way and couldn't pass it up
Old 01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Welp, the killer intake wont fit... I need a stock intake

Looks like I'd need another 4" of clearance.

Here's a photo from the side shot.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Ok, so things have been happening pretty quickly lately as it's all about throwing things on the car.

I felt like Dr. Frankenstein last night as I plugged in the battery to see if the lights were working hehe. For some reason the backup lights weren't coming on, but that may just be until I hook up the dash stuff... not sure yet.

It's ALIVE!!!!

Then I figured I have enough time to throw in the radiator from AutoRad... MUUAHAHH!! This thing is ginormous! haha.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Thats going to be wicked.

Mast motorsports has there shop here, I know most of the guys that work there. They build some awesome engines. I keep trying to talk them into letting me "borrow" one
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Launching!

While I wait for the new LS3 intake to get here, I thought I'd finish the wiring in the dash since the rest of the car wiring is pretty much done.

Trying to integrate the AAW system with the LS wiring harness with the Stack Cluster was a bit of a noodle-scratcher, but it wasn't all that bad all things considered.

The fuel pump comes on nicely for 5 seconds and stops just like it should. Radio works, all the lights work (head lights, turn signals, brakes ..etc..)... the only one I haven't hooked up yet that I'm sort nervous about is the LS wiring harness wire for the "start" signal.... Too nervous!! HAH!

Anyways, I think I'm a bit low on oil pressure, eh?

Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw your car in camaro performers! congrats, always cool to see a car that i've already read about or seen in person. keep up the good work!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter
saw your car in camaro performers! congrats, always cool to see a car that i've already read about or seen in person. keep up the good work!
Thanks! I didn't even know it was out yet
Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Launching!

UPDATE:

The intake had to go, so off it came. I'm really bummed to see it go, it's such a cool piece and looked wicked. *sigh*

Oh well.

In other news, it looks like Rupp wrote up a small piece for Camaro Performers and Nick printed my build in their magazine. Such a cool thing to see your own build in print. Hope they don't mind I posted this little snap shot I took the other night. Thanks again guys! If you guys don't have a copy, go out and get one!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Awesome build, and congrats on the magazine coverage.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what wheels do you have on that thing? put some Boyds!!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LTX
what wheels do you have on that thing? put some Boyds!!

Uhhmmm... my wheels are Forgelines.... This car is about performance and going fast.... not sure those Boyd's quite fit the bill

Besides, I'm more about a little subtlety and Boyd's really aren't that subtle
Old 02-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Smallish update:

Interior is going back in! YA!! This is going to be so awesome! Really nice to finally clear up some space in my basement that's full of parts hehe.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Latest Update:

Found a place for the ECU. I didn't really want to put the ECU in the cab as that would have required me to drill another hole in the firewall. So, this seemed to be the most logical of places with the amount of wire I had to work with. It's hidden and out of the way and once the intake tube is installed, no one will even see it.

Why labels on dash!? BECAUSE RACECAR.

Found the label maker and went a little nuts with it hehe.

New intake and fuel rails came in the other day. I dunno, just doesn't look the same... feels naked or something.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Launching!

I finally got some time away from the wife for a bit to work on the car.

My buddy Nate from www.one-guys-garage.com (hire him, he's talented) came over and built me a rear seat delete panel that he was able to do in an afternoon and probably would have taken me 3 weeks! It matches the floor carpet perfectly and I'm pretty happy with the results. Beats taking that old stupid rear seat in and out all the time. I can finally get the drivers seat in and start finishing the interior once I figure out the transmission situation.

While Nate worked, I was able to get a lot of small projects done on the engine such as the hood hinges, some extra wiring for the fans, bolting up the front sheet metal...etc... all small junk.

The new intake is starting to grow on me, I'm starting to like it.

Here's Nate holding down the new aluminum hood. Seems to fit fairly well considering the front fenders aren't even close to be aligned properly. Pretty neat to finally see it almost to being driveable!

Quick Reply: 1968 Camaro - Project "BLUE HOUR"