Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

epic dealership fail!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i have a ses light p0410 is the code, anyone think that since they replaced the pcv tube and replaced the intake gasket and cats. that they could have messed something up to cause the air system to show a fault?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneralsArmy
Well the window switch is already ******* up, how am I supposed to "enjoy my car" when the black interior is now grey from the water. There is also a nice deep scratch in the paint where they "removed the seat" just to the right of the dooor
The ****? I'd make the repaint that **** and put new carpet in. That's ridiculous.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never bring my car to a GM dealer anyone.

One time a service tech did a burn out in my car. I could smell the clutch when he brought my car around. The service manager said it was because my clutch was slipping when it was pulling it into the bay. WTF??? I have put about 30K miles on my car since then and the clutch still doesn't slip.

When I complained to GM customer service the owner of the dealership told me to never bring my car back there again.

I ******* hate GM dealerships.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

if they don't fix it, go in there busting up all their showcase cars yelling"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU **** A STRANGER IN THE ***. YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU **** A STRANGER IN THE ***, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!"
But really, you should just nag at them until they fix what they fucked. get em to clean all that **** up, and watch them if you don't believe them.
my sis bought a used beetle, and when i went to change the oil the first time, the splash shields were gone, cept for the pass. and it was tied up with some string, so she contacted the previous owner, and it hadn't been wrecked, but you knew it was because the door and front fender didnt perfectly match. i suspect one of the dealer owners did it. well the inner fender was flopping around without the splash shield there to hold it down, and it caused the outter fender to move and seperate from the bumper, and then the bumper just about fell off, so we took it there, and had a big deal about it, and they glued it up, you shouldve seen it man, there was a bunch of glue around the bumper and fender, just awful awful job, didnt even sand it and paint on it to smooth it out. in the end, we got them to change the coolant bottle and put on new inner fenders and ALL the splash shields, but they have since disappeared, idk about that girl's driving. Anyways, don't ever trust anyone else with your car, or **** will happen
Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

while i agree there was some terrible negligence by the dealer, and they need to be held accountable...you took the car in to get FREE work done. what did you expect? when you take something in for free work, they don't put a master tech on it. you get the guy who just started, generally. i've worked in the ag industry my whole life and know a thing or two about warranty work and service departments. unless you are a continuous repeat customer, or have some good report with service manager or techs, chances are you will be treated like another work order. in the auto industry its 10 times worse, they don't expect repeat business like in the ag industry.

yes the dealership should pay for the CORRECT repairs, not what they have provided you with, and should do everything they can to make the situation better. sounds like they probably don't care one way or another.

i do 97% of all the work on my Camaro. no one touches my car without me being there, with that being said...there is one person in the area that i live in, that i actually trust to do work to my car. he understands the value of my business and how picky i am, it cost more, but it's worth it. if he loses my business, he loses all the vehicles in our fleet at work.

and to the other dude who had the shop burnout...could have been the kid didn't know how to drive a standard and was slipping the clutch. either way, you should have went to the owner from the get go when the service manager didn't do anything. start with the correct manager and keep going up until you get your desired results. if you don't get your results, keep track of what you have done and report them to the better business bureau.

firebirddude98, 10 points for the big lebowski reference......
Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

I know it was free work but I still paid those ******* **** suckers $780 to fix the miss fire and lean condition.. The electronics are all fucked up now, driver window does not go up and down, the lights come on when you start the car with E-brake up, and they come on whenever they want to now even if the car is off
Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Curious as to how this is turning out. I don't trust dealerships either. I get parts from them and that's it. Back in '08, a new Vette was delivered to my local one and one of the Techs was ordered to take it around the block to make sure everything worked properly for owner whom ordered it. He wrecked it horsing around. They fix it and still sold it for sticker to guy without telling him.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate taking my cars to anyone unless I know them as a friend
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

just to updte ot that it matters at this point... drivers window does not work at all... lights do what ever they want, dealership claims none of these things are there fault even though thiey swore to fix any electrical problems that came about from this incedent... went so far as to tell me they were doing me a favor by replacing the window motor and only charging me for parts.... window motor at a GM dealership is $64 they were going to charge me $180 yes i checked... i told them to "give me my ******* car ill fix it the right way myself"...... what ever you do dont ever go to BUCKALEW CHEVROLET ever!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

file a claim with the better business bureau....this is why you get things in writing. live and learn.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should have contacted your insurance company from day one. Big mistake.

Quick Reply: epic dealership fail!!