Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans
Old 04-29-2016, 04:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

98 Z28-resetting computer

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 98 Z28-resetting computer

OK, do you still disconnect the battery to do this? If so, for how long? wife has a p0442 code on her car. It came on a couple of days after filling up and she has filled up once since. Visually checking, I can't seem to local a problem. She has replaced her gas cap a couple of years ago. Car still runs good for one with 190,000 miles on it.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battery disconnect has never really done much for me.
When I want to clear codes I turn key one, remove batt and ecm fuse, turn key off, put the fuses back in and restart is and it might need a little goading to relearn idle.
That code the first 2 simple things is too make sure the cap and clicked a few times and the other is to look for hose vacuum leaks specially with that many miles.
Could be a few other things, but those are the cheapest and easiest to do.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled fuses, light went off, havn't done anything to it yet, just trying to see if it is a glitch. Told wife to expect it to come back on. I checked for cracked vacuum lines and found none. Gas cap is on tight, was replaced a couple of years ago, might be bad again. How do you check the purge valve to see if it's bad?

Quick Reply: 98 Z28-resetting computer