Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

94 Camaro Z28 E-Brake

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Camaro Z28 E-Brake

hello,

I have a 94 Camaro Z28. My e-brake does not work at all whatsoever. I can pull the handle all the way up and then let my 1.5 year old daughter push the car and it moves. I looked all under the body of the car to find a cable adjustor and could not find one. Can someone help?

Also, my "brake" and "abs inop" lights are on. does this have something to do with e-brake not working? does anyone know why the lights might be on.

sorry, i've never had a camaro before and not sure how it's built.

thanks,

sergey
Old 04-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Teching In

I don't know about the emergency brake but the same lights are on in my 98. I tested it on a patch of ice a couple monthes ago and found that the anti lock brakes are not working. My brother has a mustang that the anti lock brakes quit working on and he didn't bother to fix it because he didn't like it anyway. I want mine fixed because I think it's a nice safety feature especially for a girl like me that may not be able to control the car if the brakes locked up.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

There is an e-brake adjustment. You might want to check the handeling and braking forum. There are a bunch of knowlegeable people over there.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dunno how to turn off the ABS inop light, but i was doing donuts one time and mine came on, but turned off after a little or after the car turned off, i dont remember. As for the ebrake, mine does the same thing, and i DID have mine adjusted by a dealer, they said its in teh rear brake pads, thats there low but mine didn't look low, but i bought some HAWK pads, but haven't gotten around to installing them. If they dont work im gonna get some LS1 rear brakes with some LS1 Front brakes, LT1 brakes suck

EDIT: and as for the "brake" light staying on, mine is also, and i filled my resivor up cuz it comes on when its low, but still was on, so when i had them check my ebrake, i had them check the light, they also said this was because of my rear brake pads, but like i said, mine didn't look low?? Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

I had a 94Z from new. They had a recall for some problem with the E-brake not working properly. Check a dealer.

Quick Reply: 94 Camaro Z28 E-Brake