Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice

Well I've got an 01 SS here just dropped a new motor in ( from top) switched to umi solid motor mounts in the process. It was very difficult to get the mounts toeven line up correctly. Has a monster stage 3 also. I have a rpm transmission also that we just stabbed in it tonight. It was a bitch to get in but it went. Once all bolted up to the motor I realized how crooked the rear looked. Which it is, so we loosen the pedestal bolts( frame to motor mount) and tried pushing it over into alignment. It barely moves. My question is anyone ever have this issue and how did you fix it? Were thinking about pulling the pedestal mounts and drilling the holes slightly so we have enough play to align it. Any other suggestions? Thanks every one.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nothing?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

PM me your e-mail address so I can send you directions on the mounts, unless you have them?

We had a few sets about a year ago go out with the word "TOP" engraved on the wrong side. The mount is 100% correct but they engraved a few sets upside down. So I want to make sure you have them correct.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Would flipping them over really make that big of a difference? They looked identical
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mpatton
Would flipping them over really make that big of a difference? They looked identical
I don't know if they are backwards to say that but I could send instructions for you to check.

The bolt hole is off centered. So if you are having trouble getting the motor in place that could be it. The instructions would show you which way to put them.

It was a thought.

If they are mounted on the car and the bolts in then most likely they are on correct.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I had to drive a bolt in when I dropped the motor in so its possible. But I wouldn't think the tail of the transmission. Be off that far idk.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay I got one of the motor mounts out. Its engraved (TOP) on the side that has more material sticking out. If that makes since? Does anybody know if that's correct or not. I'll try to post a picture but I don't think I can.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpatton
Okay I got one of the motor mounts out. Its engraved (TOP) on the side that has more material sticking out. If that makes since? Does anybody know if that's correct or not. I'll try to post a picture but I don't think I can.
I have a detailed photo I can send. The mount is offset by 1/4" or so (can't remember the exact number here at home on the weekend). The 2323 mount is exactly designed to fit the stock location. If you install it properly it'll be perfect.

Email me directly at ramey@umiperformance.com to request the info.

thanks

Quick Reply: need some advice