Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Need Advice! Trouble getting ls1 manifold off

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice! Trouble getting ls1 manifold off

Hey guys I need some friendly advice. I just recently purchased a fast 92 setup for my 2000 Camaro SS which I am in the process of installing. My buddy and I can't seem to pry the ls1 manifold off! Any suggestions?! We followed the ls1 how to video with swapping out the stock manifold for a ls6 down to the core. We retraced our steps, taped up the back four bolts and everything but it doesn't seem to want to budge. Are there any tactics to unsealing the intake so I can move it forward to disconnect the map sensor in the back? Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

are you sure you have all the bolts out? Ive never had one stick h only surfae that makes contact are the port gaskets and theyre silicone. there should be 10 bolts iirc
Old 03-18-2015, 01:57 PM

Yep I'm positive we had all the bolts out, everything was disconnected and it's like the damn thing doesn't want to come off! I read some where that people have used putty knives to break the seal around and give you an edge to pry it off. Not sure if I should go down that path or retrace my steps again..
Old 03-18-2015, 10:17 PM
GDL
On The Tree

I'd retrace my steps first....

Quick Reply: Need Advice! Trouble getting ls1 manifold off