Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

LS Swap '71 Camaro T/C advice plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap '71 Camaro T/C advice plz!!

First, thanks for the forum! Great help!

Installing a LQ9/4L60e into a 71 Camaro soon. Just trying to gather all the parts I will need before I start the swap, within reason.

Not doing anything crazy, just a cam, tune, headers and possibly an intake. Currently the car has 4:10 gears but that might change to 3:73's some day. It's a street/ pro touring car, I don't plan on drag racing it 1/4 mile. I'm needing some advice on a torque converter. From what I've read a Circle D, Precision or Yank is the way to go.

Cam is ordered, Texas Speed .228/.232 .600 lift 112 LSA (new springs and push rods)

Hedman Headers

Here lies the conflict: Texas Speed recommends a 3600 stall. Both Circle D and Precision didn't argue with Texas Speed. However, Yank did. They said thats too much stall and I will be smoking the tires trying to drive the car around town. they recommend a 3200 stall. Texas Speed was real clear that a 3200 stall would work okay but I'd be happier with a 3600. All of them ask me specific questions prior to their recommendations. I've seen many videos of Gen3 cars with similar cam swaps driving around with their 3600, even 4000, stalls just fine. Obviously I don't want a violent street car just trying to put around town but I don't want to leave torque on the table either.

Anyone out there that has done a similar built that could shed some light on the subject for me? Thanks so much!

Quick Reply: LS Swap '71 Camaro T/C advice plz!!