Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

How to get build number for SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get build number for SS

I recently got a 2001 Camaro SS. It didn't have the window sticker or birth certificate so I am wondering how I would get the build number. I tried calling SLP but they kept transferring me to the wrong number.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FST01SS
I recently got a 2001 Camaro SS. It didn't have the window sticker or birth certificate so I am wondering how I would get the build number. I tried calling SLP but they kept transferring me to the wrong number.
Try SLPRegistry.comor here http://svecamaro.com
Old 03-21-2017, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

The SVE Page is pretty good. I will have to check out the SLP registry page.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd like to get my car's build numbers as well, I've owned the car for 16 years and it's something I said I would always do... but never got to.

SVE site is currently performing maintenance... I'll have to try again another day.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Build number

I have been trying to get one for almost a week. The svecamaro.com is down for maintenance and they don't know when they are getting it fixed. I doubt they are trying that hard, because my experience with SLP is they stop supporting stuff after it gets old...just like the grilles being discontinued and now you have to pay $500 plus to get a freakin grille. Soon you wont be able to get anything for the Firehawks and SS's forth gens.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mich2112
I have been trying to get one for almost a week. The svecamaro.com is down for maintenance and they don't know when they are getting it fixed. I doubt they are trying that hard, because my experience with SLP is they stop supporting stuff after it gets old...just like the grilles being discontinued and now you have to pay $500 plus to get a freakin grille. Soon you wont be able to get anything for the Firehawks and SS's forth gens.
Hopefully a company out there will take all this on. I know a couple companies have tried to recreate the upper dash's for the 4th gens but GM won't allow it to be a exact replica because of patten rights or whatever it is.

Quick Reply: How to get build number for SS