Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Non-optioned 2000 SS (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Non-optioned 2000 SS (pic heavy)

I've been meaning to start an actual "build" thread on this, but the time and energy has escaped me until now. I bought it July of 2016, in Richmond where I'm from, at 67k miles. I had just gotten out of basic training and when the 2002 z28 that i was driving blew a trans, i decided i was in a place i could get something a little better for myself.

As purchased:
Auto trans
10 spoke ss wheels
GMMG catback
Depo headlights
Cracked dash....
No slp options nor a y2y code. When i found this one out, i was actually kinda interested on the fact that i had only heard and seen about y2y cars until then.

Some pictures of when i got it home. Immediately threw on the center section vinyl i had leftover from the z, and the export tails i had off it aswell.

You could say our driveway was a little packed at the time. My z in the back, the SS, and my dad's 1993 Pace car (had around 15k miles at the time on it).

At first my plans weren't to go too far with it. Put on pre-cut corvette fuel rail covers, battery and fuse box covers, fixed the cracked dash (somehow i managed to find one for $60 in mint condition, still with a little give in the plastic and not completely brittle), and transferred over the staggered TTM's i had.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful!!! What number is your SS? My car does not have the Y2Y too code either, but then again mine is a very limited option car lol
Old 03-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I haven't had time to look into the build number yet, it really never was a thought that it mattered seeing as it was just a base no option SS.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

T-Tops, vinyl interior, traction control and rear defogger were options that I don't have lol
Old 03-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Onto some of the small mods. Got the AIR delete, along with the passenger side wire tuck done. Managed to trade my TTM's for a set of polished TT2's that came off of an old hawks third gen autox car out of winston-salem. Also went ahead and color matched both the lid and fuel rail covers.

Last edited by Slowredss; 03-26-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Got orders to my first duty station: sunny Florida panhandle. At least here i managed to find a house with a garage, meaning i'd have a little bit more leeway on how quickly i had to get projects done before the car had to be driven again. Came with only one snag, the first day in town i hit a pothole around a blind turn by the house and bent two rims, and popped a tire. Had to get two new TT2's shipped in overnight from summit, along with a new front tire. A costly $1000 mistake, but life goes on.

This did mean one thing though, that i could tackle the one project i had been wanting to get done. Fuse box relocation.

And here we get the final product. Came out pretty decently. Car drives fine in the rain, no problem with pulling fuses either.
About the same time, i got ahold of a set of Speed engineering 1 7/8 longtubes with their 3' ory. Install went pretty smoothly, went ahead and did plugs while i was at it. (mostly because one dropped as it was getting pulled and shattered).

Old 03-28-2017, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man

Quick Reply: Non-optioned 2000 SS (pic heavy)