Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

CAI options for full ls swap 94 z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI options for full ls swap 94 z28

Looking for possible cold air intake options for my 94 z28. It has a full ls swap which makes doing a lt1 cai a challenge. I did the full ls swap on my car, wiring included so I have the ls fuse boxes that partially cover where the lt1 cai would go. Converting to the ls1 lid is not an option because I won't cut on the radiator support or cut my SS hood. Been trying to find pics or other threads on here but no one has had the ls wiring under the hood blocking the way. Any help would great thanks!
Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If you can't relocate your LS fuse blocks to make room for the LT style CAI, is using an LS style radiator cover with the intake lid an option?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Teching In

I'd love to do the lid but I won't cut on my radiator support or hood to do it. I'm not in a position to change out the entire core support to do it either.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm in the same boat!
I have a donor car and want to swap the whole wire harness and all, but like you I dont know how I will set up the intake.

I was thinking about relocating the fuse box, because that would give more room needed to run a LT1 K&N CAI. Problem is that I couldn't find any old threads with good picture how to "Clean up a LS1 engine bay" that hid the wires and hid the fuse box.

I've also seen a 90° angle elbow from the throttle body with a filter in the end. I'll post a link to that.

EDIT: Here is the link I watched and seen just an elbow and filter.

Watch "SWAP LT1 to LS3 Camaro SS Z28 Engine Built 408ci Heads Cam Engine Programming Tuning 528Rwhp" on YouTube

Last edited by 383z; 04-19-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by subedriver
I'd love to do the lid but I won't cut on my radiator support or hood to do it. I'm not in a position to change out the entire core support to do it either.
Also, for my own project. Do you know for a fact if I change out my radiator core support that a lid would fit? I dont mind swaping it. I just will not cut my real SS hood.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Teching In

All the threads I"ve looked at about the lid say that changing the core support will help it clear. Would I guarantee that you wouldn't have to still cut the hood, no way. I was thinking about a similar setup to what was shown in the video don't know what other choice I really have. I did the full swap on mine because I swapped everything in the car. Dash, interior wiring, under hood wiring, ebony swap. I did it all. Only left on my car thats from 94 is the steering column and thats only because I haven't found one with the radio controls local to me to swap in yet.