Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

is nitrous cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:41 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would only be considered cheating if, for example, you entered a "stock" car type of race or bet, ran NOS and didn't disclose it to everyone.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he has a cam & headers you have nitrous. power is every where people just go about getting it differant ways. cheating?....... i say no

but i have nitrous so i may be alittle biased.

im sure he thinks if you beat him with n2o you cheated, but if you lose to him with n2o then youll never hear thed end of it
Old 12-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Teching In

yeah, thats what im afraid of. i dont talk **** or anything at all, i just want to see how big of a help nitrous really is, but i have to make sure i win or else i will hear about it from him that i had to use nitrous to just hang with him and still lost. i need to get the window switch put in and then go get it tuned, and see what i put down.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97cobra
yeah, thats what im afraid of. i dont talk **** or anything at all, i just want to see how big of a help nitrous really is, but i have to make sure i win or else i will hear about it from him that i had to use nitrous to just hang with him and still lost. i need to get the window switch put in and then go get it tuned, and see what i put down.
Keep us posted, good luck!

Did i just say good luck to the guy in the mustang whos gunna race the F-body?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT for the race results.

I personally have never liked nitrous. Just something about me, but it is NOT cheating. I think when a car uses nitrous to beat a car that doesnt spray, but on the other hand would lose without spray, says something about the N/A car. I told myself I'd never get the bottle. I'll stand by that, but I'll continue to dream about FI.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

its defiently not cheating, its just another mod like a simple exhuast set up would be
the only reason it could be considered cheating is b/c it is easy to deny you have it when in acutallity you do, than its indeed cheating
Old 01-08-2005, 03:47 PM

Nitrous injection is a valid and proven science and technology. It's not cheating. It's gotten a reputation from misuse and ignorance. Some people have a hard time thinking you should win when you only spent $400-$600 versus them spending $4,000-$5000 dollars for a supercharger and getting them same amount or less for what you paid.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

so who won?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately not cheating, some people just like to rent horsepower.
That whole power adder argument is so old, if its driven by the engine and there all the time its real power.

I really dont understand the glory in bolting a bottle on a car and paying by the second for power.

John
Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Over a month and nobody threw the "Its not NOS, Its Nitrous/N2O" flag". (that whole issue annoys me, I dont care either way)

my .02 ... I do think it is cheating to lie if asked. my cars going on the bottle. the rented power is kind of off the wall. I mean, one of the best things after a supercharger is N2O to cool the charge.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

its over a year actually...
Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

The way I see it is If it is a product that anyone car buy and you have it, it isn't cheating at all I have it and you don't same as I am faster and you. It's isn't cheating IMO if you don't tell him as it is " race what you have" Not what you say you have.

I am so sick of "well pop your hood and let me see what you have" I say "blow my furry nuts I am faster, race me or not" But then again when they say do you have Nitrous I can say yes but I will unhook it if you want! hell it is on ly worth a extra 150-200hp...
Old 01-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Launching!

Its not cheating... I would rather have a all motor car... put NOS is great too. I dont hide my NOS, I have it displayed in my car for all to see. Theres not to many "fast" cars where I live, mostly slow ricers with nothing more then exhaust and a bodykit. Theres 2 97 stangs that are fast looking, ive heard they are running NOS, but I dont get to many people who wanna race me, even when I was stock... theres only a couple 4th gen f-bodys in town, I only have NOS for a couple of reasons, in case i run into those modded stangs or a Z06 or maybe if im lucky this Viper running around town. Its nice to have 100HP on hand when you really need it, cant beat 100HP gain for only 450 bucks.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Teching In

have not had a chance to even talk about racing him yet. its so damn cold here it is impossible to keep the pressure up in the bottle. i just bought headers and need to install those and then get a tune on the car. i still need to re-gap the plugs, but its just been so cold that i am not gonna do any racing with the nitrous right now. if and when i do race him i will post up a new thread about it for sure, and hope to get a dyno run again and let you know how much power i got.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by John35thSS

I really dont understand the glory in bolting a bottle on a car and paying by the second for power.

John
How is this any different than paying for power by the second to use a supercharger, and why would someone pay 5000 bucks for a supercharger to run a 13, than spending ~600 on a nitrous kit to run a 13. if you win the race then you win, its not cheating.Well probably they want to beat the car they are racing, if they win, they win fair and square, call them smart becuase they just spent a 5th of the money instead of going FI.If superchargers cost 600 bucks more ppl would have them and if nitrous cost 5000 bucks less ppl would have it.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

well, dont get me wrong, but...if i bought a blower for 5k...i had damn well better be wayyy pay 13's....but thats just my opinion...
Old 01-15-2005, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

its beating NOT cheating ..
Old 01-16-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

heres my thoughts no shame in losing. speed is in direct relation to $. lol. he spent some money now u gots too.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tdogg5.3
How is this any different than paying for power by the second to use a supercharger, and why would someone pay 5000 bucks for a supercharger to run a 13, than spending ~600 on a nitrous kit to run a 13. if you win the race then you win, its not cheating.Well probably they want to beat the car they are racing, if they win, they win fair and square, call them smart becuase they just spent a 5th of the money instead of going FI.If superchargers cost 600 bucks more ppl would have them and if nitrous cost 5000 bucks less ppl would have it.

A supercharger is driven by the engine and there all the time, like a NA engine. Nitrous is for horsepower wannabes so ok you might beat a car that is not renting the power but who cares, kinda like renting a prestige car, yeh its nice but its not really yours.

Years ago ARE would show up at events with a nitrous vette and run the same or slighty better time than a linknfelter twin turbo car and than beat their chests with " wow we beat a LPG car ". I guess for the 10 seconds that bottle lasted they were close. Yeh 10 whole seconds of nitrous then back for a refill or time.

Nitrous is cheaper and thats why it don't get no respect except from the guys using it.

John
Old 01-16-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

if it was me, and i raced someone and lost...and then found he had a bottle. i wouldnt care, since i dont run for money anyway. but i would ask him to run me all motor and then see who's faster. its good to lose sometimes, or atleast come close to losing. it keeps up the modding. noone wants to lose, so we do everything we can to win. i eventually will probably get a bottle, just because right now a blower isnt at the top of my list of things to buy. and i like to purge lol

Quick Reply: is nitrous cheating?