Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

How I became a Camaro guy.... You??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cousin had a 95 Z28 M6. It was the first car I ever drove. I was 14 and he let me ease it down the backroads around Tallassee, Alabama. Then, a friend of mine had a '79 with a built 383 that was a monster. Car wouldn't do **** below 60 but boil the tires, but would pull like a **** above that. He wrecked that one , but then got a '78 with a 305. We transplanted a hot lil 350 into that one.

Another friend had a 3rd gen that we converted into a LT1, then he sold that and got a 96 LT1 Z28, in pristine condition. He sold that and got a truck, now he's looking for a Z06.

I got my '00 Z28 last year, and I'm not letting it go...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this thread!

I grew up in an import household. My dad ran a BMW dealership for years, so I was used to seeing bimmers, alfa romeos, and the like in our driveway. Imagine his horror when I got my first car, a 1967 Dodge Coronet.

A couple of years after high school, my Dodge bit the dust and I picked up a 1974 VW Beetle. Several other VWs followed, and then I went back to what I knew -- got a little black 325es and about drove it to death. Right about that time, I met my future husband, who drives a 1992 Camaro RS (purple!). The first time I saw his car, I laughed. It was just a giant purple beast. The first time I rode in the car, I thought, "Whoooo...now this is what a car is supposed to sound like!" His enthusiasm for the car was contaigous, and before I knew it, I had fallen in love with not just him, but all things Camaro.

We were married this past spring (six months ago today, actually) and I got my own Camaro a little over a month ago. It's a 1998 Z28, and I absolutely love it.

Imports come and go...but Camaros are forever!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

A friend took me out in his LS1 M6. 3 gears was all it took...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01ArcticSS
Nice choice for a car....I wanted the M6 but the other half can't drive one....which is why I should have gotten the M6

Even still, I've had if for about 6 1/2 months and she's driven it like 3 times....
yeah...I couldn't agree with you more....I HAD to get the A4 because the 6 speed T/A I owned before this one, the wife couldn't drive it....should of got another 6 speed so she would stop driving this one around and scratching the front end all to hell and leaving her girly **** all over the inside of my car...everyday I wake up, get in the car and I find a makeup bag or napkins with lipstick on them or little lotion bottles, hairpicks, jackets, sensless coupons for stores..etc...the list can go on and on
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97z286speed
for me it started when i figured out a 97 GT sucks *** and camaros had 6 speeds.
that qoute just made my day...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Teching In

i used to run track in college but then became a body builder and was driving a damn mitsubishi lancer. i decided i need something with real power BUT i bought a 01 black cobra. took that pile back in three days and drove the 02 hugger orange z28 ever since then its been all camaros.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

I traded my brother some old parts off of my 98 Mustang GT and a set of ET Streets for his fairly clean 86 V6 Camaro Coupe. The Mustang was sold to buy my wife a SUV and the parts were just lying in the shed. I needed a place to put my new (old, rebuilt) engine and transmission. Now, the car has been strictly used for strip action (very limited since our storm) but about to put it on the street to further my entertainment pleasure.

Quick Reply: How I became a Camaro guy.... You??