Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Who owns a stripper car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns a stripper car?

Well, as we all know, us car guys are always planning our next buy. I think my next car will be a stripper. IDK why, but Ive always been atracted to plain ***, black hard top six speed 'camaro's with NO apperence mods what-so-****** ever. IDK why but I've always liked these so called 'strippers'

Now I was wondering about you guys with strippers, how are they on the day-to-day? Is it a pain in the *** to roll your windows down all the time? Do chicks look down upon your car lol? Do you wish you had a full optioned car?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Launching!

never owned a stripper but im an option *****... cant live without them
Old 01-22-2006, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

i own a stripper.....honestly you get used to the manual windows and locks....the girls really could care less to tell you the truth. The funniest thing is when i go to our get togethers here in college station i am checkin out the guys cars with leather, t-tops, and every option under the sun and droolin. Then when they find out what i have everyone is checkin out my car and sayin how cool it is that i have a "stripper". So i'm all around happy with it!! I wouldn't mind having another car with full options but i will NEVER get rid of my STRIPPER!!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a a stripper R/T, no ABS and all that crap... Once a hot chick asked me for directions on the passenger side and I had to crank down my window.. felt kinda stupid
Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

mine isn't a 1le, or a b4c.... its a non optioned, and i mean not one single option, not even a rear hatch button, or anything.. 3.23 gear'd tho... car was ordered to be built up and guy backed out and i bought the car new..

ive loved it since day one!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

I like having a stripper Z28. It stands out from other f bodys.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
i own a stripper.....honestly you get used to the manual windows and locks....the girls really could care less to tell you the truth. The funniest thing is when i go to our get togethers here in college station i am checkin out the guys cars with leather, t-tops, and every option under the sun and droolin. Then when they find out what i have everyone is checkin out my car and sayin how cool it is that i have a "stripper". So i'm all around happy with it!! I wouldn't mind having another car with full options but i will NEVER get rid of my STRIPPER!!
You liar, no one wants to check out your car...

William
Old 01-22-2006, 05:52 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought i read somewhere that the power windows option was actually lighter than manual? Somthing to do with the lifting mechanism having more crap going on. Seems like it was in the weight reduction list or in the drag racing section or somthing?

I think i'll live with my key fob thank-ya-very-much!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Lets see, with a 1/4 tank of gas and an interior, my car will weigh in the 2,700lbs range this coming season. I know why I bought mine.

Having one is not a pain in the *** at all. They are economical, and a great base to build a fast car around.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

id love to have a stripper, bare ceiling, roll up windows, and nothing electronic that can break
Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by will69camaro
You liar, no one wants to check out your car...

William

huh....thats funny b/c every time a new person shows up to the meet and i say something about mine being a stripper or having a hard top they ALWAYS say "NO ****!!...THATS TIGHT!!..." i really dont see anything special about it but i'm just answering this guys question! btw are you gonna go to sealy with us?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm kinda the oposite, my Trans Am has a **** ton of options, my daily driver has a CD player and an auto trans as the only option really. Manual locks, windows, no tilt, manual seats, colum shift and no rear trunk release. Its fine, you get use to it, not bad, dont really ahve to worry about window motors and that kinda stuff.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's grow up a little bit mmkay?

Thread title edited.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I thought i read somewhere that the power windows option was actually lighter than manual? Somthing to do with the lifting mechanism having more crap going on. Seems like it was in the weight reduction list or in the drag racing section or somthing?

I think i'll live with my key fob thank-ya-very-much!
Your right power windows are lighter overall.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

we got a stripper SS. its a bit of a pita sometimes, like no rear defroster, and no cd player, but not too bad. it has the only power option it needs, the LS1. and its a hardtop to boot, so perfect race car basis. ive had many offers from people cause of it being a stripper hardtop.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
huh....thats funny b/c every time a new person shows up to the meet and i say something about mine being a stripper or having a hard top they ALWAYS say "NO ****!!...THATS TIGHT!!..." i really dont see anything special about it but i'm just answering this guys question! btw are you gonna go to sealy with us?
LOL i think strippers are pretty cool cars, just wouldn't own one (personal preference that is). I dont know if i'm going to sealy...My car is too busy being broke and i am too...We'll see though.

William
Old 01-23-2006, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

SS with two options. Rear defrost and Monsoon. I get tired of hearing "I can't believe this thing don't have power windows"
Old 01-23-2006, 06:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by will69camaro
LOL i think strippers are pretty cool cars, just wouldn't own one (personal preference that is). I dont know if i'm going to sealy...My car is too busy being broke and i am too...We'll see though.

William
Honestly if it was my choice when i bought it it probably would have been loaded. But the deal with my parents was i could only get one if it was on the showroom floor!! (mom and dad were betting there wasn't gonna be one there). And to top it off i only paid 21,000 for it with 4 miles on it! So i'm not gonna complain.....i like my stripper . And i know what you mean about the being broke....i'm gonna take it easy if i do race!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

The only option mine didn't have was the SS package...so I did what any sane person would do to a perfect low mileage car. I ripped it apart. Still looks beautiful on the outside, needs some lightweight carpet on the inside so it doesn't look so bare. "The devil made me do it."
Old 01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Does anyone know what their hardtop strippers weight? I've seen in the high 3,200's and in the high 3,300's. I've been thinking about getting a stripper F Body somewhat soon, or waiting a few years after I graduate form college and trying to get an 02-03 EB Z06.

Quick Reply: Who owns a stripper car?