Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

CHALLENGER beats CAMARO

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevyguy04
Shape the new camaro just like the 1969 camaro, and make the new one in a base, ss and z28 options with at least three engine choices. For instantance, the v6 for insurance reasons, and the ls2 for the z28, and the ls7 for the ss but call it a 427 instead of ls7, and price them right, and i think we can say good bye mustang and challanger. Thats Just My Opinion. But I am Only a student in college studying engineering, and knows a ton about cars. I mean come on, who buys camaros, usually the young guys getting out of college. Maybe they should get rid of some of those old guys that design these things and put some young fresh brains in there.

Just think for a min, which year was the absolute best year for the camaro? 1969, and which camaros are the hottest ones on the market right now? 1969 come on engineers, THINK. Make it look closer to the 69.
So they should get rid of the hard-headed old school guys, who grew up around the retro cars? That doesn't make alot of sense. Young fresh brains are generally more forward thinking, while these 'old guys' are retroactive thinkers with the ability to add improvement. I agree they are a little futuristic... but they are more retro than other vehicles coming out. At least they didn't do like they did to the malibu, redesign a muscle car into a family sedan!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if the new Camaro is sharing the same platform as the new GTO...

That means its not really a Camaro, right?

Just like the new Charger isn't a real Charger because it is just a rebadged Chrysler 300.

The new Camaro is going to be a rebadged GTO then.

Like the 2004 GTO is a rebadged Monaro.

...or does this mean that the new GTO would be an F-Body now?

Ready for the flames!!!

Quick Reply: CHALLENGER beats CAMARO