Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

CHALLENGER beats CAMARO

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking CHALLENGER beats CAMARO

The Web Based Poll at the NAIAS [North American International Auto Show] has the Challenger beating out the new Camaro Concept. ... I happen to agree. G.M. better take another look at that design IMO. ... I bet they will now.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Puh-lease, I'd much rather have the Camaro than that boat they're calling a Challenger. And NO they aren't going to do a major re-design just because of some silly poll at an auto show
Old 02-28-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Hobb3s
Puh-lease, I'd much rather have the Camaro than that boat they're calling a Challenger. And NO they aren't going to do a major re-design just because of some silly poll at an auto show
" Puh-lease " They WILL make major changes ...wheels,interior,engine and more.......that is a CONCEPT.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
" Puh-lease " They WILL make major changes ...wheels,interior,engine and more.......that is a CONCEPT.
agreed
Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Web Based Poll at the NAIAS [North American International Auto Show] has the Challenger beating out the new Camaro Concept. ... I happen to agree. G.M. better take another look at that design IMO. ... I bet they will now.
The web poll wasn't even at the NAIAS site, it was at MSN's Auto poll.

I'll give you a picture to look at:

I'll give you a hint, those awards (including Best in Show @ NAIAS) weren't for the Challenger.

GM doesn't need to take a 2nd look at it. No other car in recent GM history has gotten such an overwhleming response the Camaro did.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

things will be toned down a bit, especially the wheels and brakes-lets just face it 20/21 wheels combo isnt realistic because the average buyer wouldnt be able to afford tires, and the brakes are on par with the z06's, and that whont fly. hopefully they will tweak the front nose/grill a bit so its not so pointy and shitty looking
Old 02-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There will be a lot of changes. We will just have to see which ones. Challenger is more appealing to me at this point.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

I wish there were major changes to the exterior (ie forget about this whole retro thing) but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Exactly. All the haters of the new camaro are not hooked up right. The concept is close to the production so deal with it.
Shame on you haters.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
I wish there were major changes to the exterior (ie forget about this whole retro thing) but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Couldn't agree with you more. I hate retro's. Btw, GM says "....there are no plans to bring back the Camaro at this time"

I personally think they should have continued on an the 4th gen platform theme with a even more modern forward looking futurelistic design. Maybe kicked back the windshield another 10 degress or so. Maybe even streched it out a little more for some more leg room in the rear seats.

Originally Posted by RedZoutlaw
Exactly. All the haters of the new camaro are not hooked up right. The concept is close to the production so deal with it.
Shame on you haters.
"Shame on you haters." Everyone is entitled to their opinions!!!!!!! If you don't like it you should express so by telling GM. Remember the Ford Probe!!!!!! THat was going to be the new Mustang until Ford got all the complaints from the public!!! So, for all who don't like the retro style, BY ALL MEANS SPEAK UP!!!!!!! and let GM and the other car manfactures know how you feel.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
I personally think they should have continued on an the 4th gen platform theme with a even more modern forward looking futurelistic design. Maybe kicked back the windshield another 10 degress or so. Maybe even streched it out a little more for some more leg room in the rear seats.
I really agree with that statement. I don't wanna buy a futuristic '69 Camaro. I want a brand new car. I'm not saying Dodge did a great job with the Charger but it doesn't look that bad and it's not retro.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, but there's not going to be any MAJOR changes. As others have said they will tweak the wheels and other little things here and there, but what you're seeing right now is pretty much how the production model is going to look. The only engine change the car will see is the addition of a V6 model, the LS2 WILL be in the Z28 versions.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think this car looks great. And who could ask for more, they are finally bring the Camaro back. If you don't like how it looks then don't buy one it is as simple as that. If I can afford one when they start to produce these I will get one to sit right beside the 2000 Z I have right now. I will stay with the Camaro because personally I like the looks of it better than the Challenger, Charger, and Mustangs that will be out there to compete with it. If you say it has some retro look to it you are right and GM is just going with the trend of the other two companies (Dodge and Ford) with new look muscle cars and what the American buyers seem to be purchasing, but it also does have a very modern look to it. But to each his own. Like I said if you don't like it don't get it, but I will eventually have one.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

I hope you're kidding....maybe you're thinking of the Charger - which is a boat turd. The Challenger is one sexy looking car.

If you still disagree, I would love to find out where you are at in Colorado, so I can come down there and beat your face in w/ a tire iron....lol
Old 03-13-2006, 12:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
I hope you're kidding....maybe you're thinking of the Charger - which is a boat turd. The Challenger is one sexy looking car.

If you still disagree, I would love to find out where you are at in Colorado, so I can come down there and beat your face in w/ a tire iron....lol
Old 03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick04
hehe, that tickles.....
Old 03-13-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro

Where did I say that I didn't like the look of the Challenger? If you'd take two seconds and re-read my post I said the car is a boat, which it is at over 4000 lbs and 197" long (compared to that of the f-bods 101" and 3400 lbs). Reading Comprehension > You

And if you know where Berthoud is E-tough guy, feel free to come get a piece

Last edited by Hobb3s; 03-13-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Where did I say that I didn't like the look of the Challenger? If you'd take two seconds and re-read my post I said the car is a boat, which it is at over 4000 lbs and 197" long (compared to that of the f-bods 101" and 3400 lbs). Reading Comprehension > You
true, I must have read it wrong, on my old forum, we would've just told the newb to

And if you know where Berthoud is E-tough guy, feel free to come get a piece
btw, Berthoud is about an hour away from me (66miles)
Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Teching In

I know you guys are just jokin around but i have seen Nate fight and yer g/f could prolly kick his ***...lol
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Regular

^^thats when I have my black belt wife kick everyone's ***. She's my muscle...

Quick Reply: CHALLENGER beats CAMARO