Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007 | 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like a cool setup.

Figure there's on in a mustang. Guess it's a camaro's turn
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

No offense taken guys. To those who don't think its practical, I'm sure we have all encountered street racing or even drag racing a MKIV Supra. They are no slouch and that has to be admitted. They are extremely reliable, how often do you see 800rwhp stock LS motors? Its not even possible. Even if you do have one they don't last long. This is coming from a Domestic Builder. We are open minded to custom projects and this one excites us. We do not build for the classic car collector, we build for the custom classic car collector. All of our work has not dissapointed our customers and neither will this as it is already sold. The end result of this project will be extremely sophisticated as you guys have seen what we build. When this project is complete it will prove that this combination will be very deadly against any all motor LS V8 at any speed.

We only respect these forums to share our creative ideas wether it is accepted or not. For those against this idea, think about what your saying. If you are against this than you must be against a lot of cars in the market. Just to name a few; Bugatti Veyron (a French Supercar feature Volkswagen engines from Germany), McLaren F1 (English Built and Long hailed as the best Supercar ever features a BMW German Engine, Shelby Cobra (Built on a British Roadster with a Ford V8 engine), Lamborghini Gallardo (Itailian Supercars featuring German Built Motors from Volkswagen), Millions of Chryslers and Dodges features Motors from Mercedes and Mitsubishi, GEO cars feature motors from Toyota and plenty more.
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:38 AM
On The Tree

cool idea guys. looks pretty clean. i as well appreciate the innovation.

1000hp isnt something to wrinkle your nose at.

your other cars look awesome as well. and if thats your facility in the background of the pictures it looks very modern and sophisticated.
Old 05-22-2007 | 02:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kmracer
for me, its not really the fact that its japanese, its not the fact that its a 6 cyl, its the fact that the thing is gonna have a nice 1000 rpm powerband, and be nutless around the street until 5500 rpm's, then you'll just spin the tires, then shift, and end up going no where. not only that, but its a street machine. nice trailer queen.

i do respect the work that went in to it, but have fun looking at the car sit in the driveway...

guess again. that turbo is not very big. prob hit full boost at 4500 max (with a nice build up way before), and with good cams and head, it will spin all the way up to 8500 rpm. so i would say you are way off. what i do question is the exact size of the turbo, it look like a 67 wich wont put out 1000 hp. what is the size on it?
Old 05-22-2007 | 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

thats gonna be bad ***.... i bet people will freak when they hear it driving around
Old 05-22-2007 | 03:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

One thing we have to love is the perfect melding of the most overated and overpriced powerplants and platforms of all time...

Just a joke people, but I always laught at the $35-50K Supra's and similarly outrageous prices for 1st gen Camaro's. In that respect, this is a match made in heaven.
Old 05-22-2007 | 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by evsmotors
No offense taken guys. To those who don't think its practical, I'm sure we have all encountered street racing or even drag racing a MKIV Supra. They are no slouch and that has to be admitted. They are extremely reliable, how often do you see 800rwhp stock LS motors? Its not even possible. Even if you do have one they don't last long. This is coming from a Domestic Builder. We are open minded to custom projects and this one excites us. We do not build for the classic car collector, we build for the custom classic car collector. All of our work has not dissapointed our customers and neither will this as it is already sold. The end result of this project will be extremely sophisticated as you guys have seen what we build. When this project is complete it will prove that this combination will be very deadly against any all motor LS V8 at any speed.

We only respect these forums to share our creative ideas wether it is accepted or not. For those against this idea, think about what your saying. If you are against this than you must be against a lot of cars in the market. Just to name a few; Bugatti Veyron (a French Supercar feature Volkswagen engines from Germany), McLaren F1 (English Built and Long hailed as the best Supercar ever features a BMW German Engine, Shelby Cobra (Built on a British Roadster with a Ford V8 engine), Lamborghini Gallardo (Itailian Supercars featuring German Built Motors from Volkswagen), Millions of Chryslers and Dodges features Motors from Mercedes and Mitsubishi, GEO cars feature motors from Toyota and plenty more.
I think your wrong about the LSX based motors my friend. Mine makes 750 RWHP, has lasted for several years now and the car runs like no other. I think I could hang with the Frankenstein. Your analogy to the other vehicles is off also. All of those other platforms except the Shelby are not American muscle car icons. Like I said previously it looks like you do nice work but most of us don't want a rice motor no matter how bad *** it is in our 1st gen Camaros. I would have dropped a 572 crate motor in it myself but hey, whatever.
Old 05-22-2007 | 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
One thing we have to love is the perfect melding of the most overated and overpriced powerplants and platforms of all time...

Just a joke people, but I always laught at the $35-50K Supra's and similarly outrageous prices for 1st gen Camaro's. In that respect, this is a match made in heaven.
*thud*

True both cars are gods own making and everything was perfect about them OEM. Well least to the fans/owners.

I still think this is cool, way cooler then most anything done. I do love seeing something off the beaten path and this sure is.

Keep us updated and more pics of your work it's awesome
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I think your wrong about the LSX based motors my friend. Mine makes 750 RWHP, has lasted for several years now and the car runs like no other. I think I could hang with the Frankenstein. Your analogy to the other vehicles is off also. All of those other platforms except the Shelby are not American muscle car icons. Like I said previously it looks like you do nice work but most of us don't want a rice motor no matter how bad *** it is in our 1st gen Camaros. I would have dropped a 572 crate motor in it myself but hey, whatever.

so you make 750 rwhp on a stock ls bock and internals?
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Phantasm
so you make 750 rwhp on a stock ls bock and internals?
It is very doable on everything except the pistons, and they are only about $600.
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice car, cool swap as well. It's nice to see different set-ups like this.
Old 05-22-2007 | 02:21 PM

absolutely gorgeous machines! a true car lover would not discriminate against what appears to be wonderful craftsmanship and ingenuity. a gorgeous car that performs well, is a gorgeous car that performs well no matter where it comes from
Old 05-22-2007 | 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phantasm
guess again. that turbo is not very big. prob hit full boost at 4500 max (with a nice build up way before), and with good cams and head, it will spin all the way up to 8500 rpm. so i would say you are way off. what i do question is the exact size of the turbo, it look like a 67 wich wont put out 1000 hp. what is the size on it?
The car will still be gutless until you hit 4500RPM, at which point the turbo will spool, and with that kind of power, you will be all over the road. Still useless.
Old 05-22-2007 | 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evsmotors
No offense taken guys. To those who don't think its practical, I'm sure we have all encountered street racing or even drag racing a MKIV Supra. They are no slouch and that has to be admitted. They are extremely reliable, how often do you see 800rwhp stock LS motors? Its not even possible. Even if you do have one they don't last long.
I guess you've never hear of the LSX block my friend. It supports up to 2500HP, no problem. And it would still be cheaper, sound better, and fit that car better than that jap engine.

[QUOTE]This is coming from a Domestic Builder. We are open minded to custom projects and this one excites us. We do not build for the classic car collector, we build for the custom classic car collector. All of our work has not dissapointed our customers and neither will this as it is already sold. The end result of this project will be extremely sophisticated as you guys have seen what we build. When this project is complete it will prove that this combination will be very deadly against any all motor LS V8 at any speed.

Refer to above response.

We only respect these forums to share our creative ideas wether it is accepted or not. For those against this idea, think about what your saying. If you are against this than you must be against a lot of cars in the market.
There's nothing wrong with companies working together on certain projects and sharing resources. However, what you have done is destroyed an American icon by dropping a Jap motor in it. Japanese and American cars couldn't be any more different, and by putting a small Japanese 6 cylinder into a car that should have an American V8, well, it just ruins it. Sorry, thats my opinion.
Old 05-22-2007 | 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=ONEBADASSWS6]I guess you've never hear of the LSX block my friend. It supports up to 2500HP, no problem. And it would still be cheaper, sound better, and fit that car better than that jap engine.

This is coming from a Domestic Builder. We are open minded to custom projects and this one excites us. We do not build for the classic car collector, we build for the custom classic car collector. All of our work has not dissapointed our customers and neither will this as it is already sold. The end result of this project will be extremely sophisticated as you guys have seen what we build. When this project is complete it will prove that this combination will be very deadly against any all motor LS V8 at any speed.

There's nothing wrong with companies working together on certain projects and sharing resources. However, what you have done is destroyed an American icon by dropping a Jap motor in it. Japanese and American cars couldn't be any more different, and by putting a small Japanese 6 cylinder into a car that should have an American V8, well, it just ruins it. Sorry, thats my opinion.

some of you guys are so ignorant...besides the brand loyalty..that is his carand his decision based on reliabilty, powerwise, and wow factor..and i guaranteed that it is cheaper going with the 2jz..

are you telling me that it is cheaper to make 800hp with a LSX motor thru a 6 speed????

how much is that LSX block??? and how much will the turbo system be?? and how much will it cost to beef up that t56 to hold 800hp reliably??

you can pick up a supra motor with a 6speed tranny for around $6k..and upgrade turbo kit is around $3k...the rest of the parts and labor would be the same for both motors.(injectors, electronics, etc..)

So if you can name the place that can make 800hp cheaper than what i can make 800hp with my supra..i will go drop of my C6 to get it done!!!!!!!!

i still hear people talking about how the t56 is not even reliable at 800hp, even with alot of work done to it..and i have yet to see a reliable street driven 800hp+ LSX car around..

im not putting down the LSX motor by any mean..they're bad *** for driving around and making 500-600hp....but beyond that?????

and we all know that the 2jz is a proven motor and the 6speed is bulletproof up to 1500hp STOCK.
Old 05-22-2007 | 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=sc300]
Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I guess you've never hear of the LSX block my friend. It supports up to 2500HP, no problem. And it would still be cheaper, sound better, and fit that car better than that jap engine.

some of you guys are so ignorant...besides the brand loyalty..that is his carand his decision based on reliabilty, powerwise, and wow factor..and i guaranteed that it is cheaper going with the 2jz..

are you telling me that it is cheaper to make 800hp with a LSX motor thru a 6 speed????

how much is that LSX block??? and how much will the turbo system be?? and how much will it cost to beef up that t56 to hold 800hp reliably??

you can pick up a supra motor with a 6speed tranny for around $6k..and upgrade turbo kit is around $3k...the rest of the parts and labor would be the same for both motors.(injectors, electronics, etc..)

So if you can name the place that can make 800hp cheaper than what i can make 800hp with my supra..i will go drop of my C6 to get it done!!!!!!!!

i still hear people talking about how the t56 is not even reliable at 800hp, even with alot of work done to it..and i have yet to see a reliable street driven 800hp+ LSX car around..

im not putting down the LSX motor by any mean..they're bad *** for driving around and making 500-600hp....but beyond that?????

and we all know that the 2jz is a proven motor and the 6speed is bulletproof up to 1500hp STOCK.
It doesn't have anything to do with reliability or horsepower or cost it has to due with ruining a classic American made muscle car by putting a jap motor in it...period. I bet the guys on the rice boards would go wild over this but most of us could give a **** less, to me all they did was trash a 1st gen. I would never do that to my 69 Camaro, never but if your into jap crap so be it.
Old 05-22-2007 | 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Any motor that is not originally in a 1st Gen Camaro should be frowned upon than.

To the guy above, there is absolutely no way to make 700rwhp on a *stock* LS motor reliably. Hasn't been proven yet, even MTI won't do it. Things will break.

LSX block is only a block, sure the block can handle the power but the Pistons, Rods, Crank will not handle it. This has already been researched and is out of the question for reliability. We have already dropped many Vette engines to our classics and they cannot make 1,000HP reliably we all know this, otherwise you will see 1,000HP Vettes running the streets all day. In the case of the MKIV Supras there isn't just a handful of guys making 1,000HP, it is just too common that they make 1,000HP reliably. We researched different engine options for a long time and found the 2JZ to be the candidate for extreme power.

For LS lovers have no fear, we still continue to drop big V8s in our cars. We do it pretty much everyday. This project is just something unique for us to enjoy.
Old 05-22-2007 | 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

I personally would not do it but it's unique. I am most impressed by the clean work you guys have done. Hate to foot the bill on this!
Old 05-22-2007 | 07:55 PM
Launching!

Its different, but thats cool you guys are trying new things. More power to yeah
Old 05-22-2007 | 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Neat project you've got going there, hope it all works out well for you. You seem to be defending it whole-heartedly too, I see. You apparently knew this was going to upset some people from your first post, but it doesn't help that you keep referring to the 2JZ as being superior, more reliable, etc., etc. This is an LSx forum after all..

The HP wars need to stop, as well. They come up way too often and are really just a pissing contest and a waste of time. I don't care that you can "easily" make 1000+ hp in your MKIV that will spend its entire life in a garage. You aren't impressing any one here.

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP