Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=sc300]
Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
I guess you've never hear of the LSX block my friend. It supports up to 2500HP, no problem. And it would still be cheaper, sound better, and fit that car better than that jap engine.

some of you guys are so ignorant...besides the brand loyalty..that is his carand his decision based on reliabilty, powerwise, and wow factor..and i guaranteed that it is cheaper going with the 2jz..

are you telling me that it is cheaper to make 800hp with a LSX motor thru a 6 speed????

how much is that LSX block??? and how much will the turbo system be?? and how much will it cost to beef up that t56 to hold 800hp reliably??

you can pick up a supra motor with a 6speed tranny for around $6k..and upgrade turbo kit is around $3k...the rest of the parts and labor would be the same for both motors.(injectors, electronics, etc..)

So if you can name the place that can make 800hp cheaper than what i can make 800hp with my supra..i will go drop of my C6 to get it done!!!!!!!!

i still hear people talking about how the t56 is not even reliable at 800hp, even with alot of work done to it..and i have yet to see a reliable street driven 800hp+ LSX car around..

im not putting down the LSX motor by any mean..they're bad *** for driving around and making 500-600hp....but beyond that?????

and we all know that the 2jz is a proven motor and the 6speed is bulletproof up to 1500hp STOCK.

Duy, my last motor build only cost me $3k. a stock LS1 drivetrain can be had for $2500-3k. Turbo kit can be had for $3k. Done. T56 will live fine there. Mine was still stock at a 1000rw.

not that I care about this debate, I think its pretty bad ***, just saying its also doable on a LSX motor.

For your vette, pick up an APS kit for 7k, pistons for 600 and put it together, another 1000 on fuel and tuning, plus a clutch if its M6 and have a reliable 800 rwhp C6.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sc300
some of you guys are so ignorant...besides the brand loyalty..that is his carand his decision based on reliabilty, powerwise, and wow factor..and i guaranteed that it is cheaper going with the 2jz..
I always love it when ricers pull the "ignorant" card. We're not ignorant, we just think thats its stupid to put a ricer engine in a classic muscle car. Its like ripping its soul out. Its a muscle car. Its supposed to have a big, rumbling V8. Not some shitty 6 cylinder japanese engine, regardless of "whats its capable of". Like I said, you could get 1,000HP out of an LSX, no problem.

how much is that LSX block??? and how much will the turbo system be?? and how much will it cost to beef up that t56 to hold 800hp reliably??
The T56 in the new GT500 has been shown to hold 800+WHP no problem, bone stock. It doesn't take much to beef one up. Its not some tiny little Jap transmission that blows apart under big power, its a heavy duty trans to start with.

you can pick up a supra motor with a 6speed tranny for around $6k..and upgrade turbo kit is around $3k...the rest of the parts and labor would be the same for both motors.(injectors, electronics, etc..)
Lets pull some more numbers out of your ***. Thats just you guessing prices. And that setup is in no way going to be reliable for 1,000HP. The Supra trans would blow up in about 30 seconds.

So if you can name the place that can make 800hp cheaper than what i can make 800hp with my supra..i will go drop of my C6 to get it done!!!!!!!!
i still hear people talking about how the t56 is not even reliable at 800hp, even with alot of work done to it..and i have yet to see a reliable street driven 800hp+ LSX car around..
You have no clue, riceboy. Ever heard of T56 rebuilds?? Probably not. They built T56's to be practically bulletproof, for very reasonable prices. They have a drag car running a T56, and it runs 9's all day long, beating the hell out of it, powershifting, ect. They have hundreds of passes on that transmission, no problem.

im not putting down the LSX motor by any mean..they're bad *** for driving around and making 500-600hp....but beyond that?????
The block is good to 2500HP, in case you can't read. A 1,000HP LSX is nothing, thats only sctraching the surface. With the right parts, it can hold that kind of power without a problem.

and we all know that the 2jz is a proven motor and the 6speed is bulletproof up to 1500hp STOCK.
Sure it is. The stock Supra 6 speed is good to 1500HP. Now I've just about heard it all
Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

I think its different and u guys do great work but to say 1000 wheel out of an ls1 is undoable is wrong and its been done with many different proven combos. Sorry u guys gave up and didn't try with ur vette's!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Teching In

i think its different....i like different...i think its cool, and i love the other cars you have built. i only wish i could have one of them....even the current build...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I could pick this thread apart so easily. I own both a LSX and Supra. I can tell you much about how much it cost to build both. As for the comment about the MKIV 6 speed not being able to handle 1000hp.. You have no clue about that transmission. It can handle more power than a T56 stock for stock and from my knowledge a stock Supra 6 speed can handle more power than a built T56 6 speed. Just Ask Ryan Woon and other 1400rwhp plus Supra owners how much money they have in their transmissions... The first thing you would get would be just purchase a Tilton clutch and call it a day.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

I always love it when ricers pull the "ignorant" card. We're not ignorant, we just think thats its stupid to put a ricer engine in a classic muscle car. Its like ripping its soul out. Its a muscle car. Its supposed to have a big, rumbling V8. Not some shitty 6 cylinder japanese engine, regardless of "whats its capable of". Like I said, you could get 1,000HP out of an LSX, no problem.

The T56 in the new GT500 has been shown to hold 800+WHP no problem, bone stock. It doesn't take much to beef one up. Its not some tiny little Jap transmission that blows apart under big power, its a heavy duty trans to start with.

Lets pull some more numbers out of your ***. Thats just you guessing prices. And that setup is in no way going to be reliable for 1,000HP. The Supra trans would blow up in about 30 seconds.

You have no clue, riceboy. Ever heard of T56 rebuilds?? Probably not. They built T56's to be practically bulletproof, for very reasonable prices. They have a drag car running a T56, and it runs 9's all day long, beating the hell out of it, powershifting, ect. They have hundreds of passes on that transmission, no problem.

The block is good to 2500HP, in case you can't read. A 1,000HP LSX is nothing, thats only sctraching the surface. With the right parts, it can hold that kind of power without a problem.

Sure it is. The stock Supra 6 speed is good to 1500HP. Now I've just about heard it all

damn you sound so ******* ignorant..t56 rebuild have a racecar that runs 9s..there are street supras running 8s with a ******* stock tranny..my supra run 9s all day long with a stock rebuild AUTO tranny!!!!!

im going to stop arguing with you dumbass!!!! you make statements based on what you hear or seen over the net...

but what do i know?????? Im just a ricerboy with a car that run mid 8s on drag radials and a 9 second streetcar that i drive to any ******* track anywhere and run 9s all day long..and then can spank some 1000cc BIKES on the way home!!!!!!

duy
Old 05-23-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Tiago]

Duy, my last motor build only cost me $3k. a stock LS1 drivetrain can be had for $2500-3k. Turbo kit can be had for $3k. Done. T56 will live fine there. Mine was still stock at a 1000rw.

not that I care about this debate, I think its pretty bad ***, just saying its also doable on a LSX motor.

For your vette, pick up an APS kit for 7k, pistons for 600 and put it together, another 1000 on fuel and tuning, plus a clutch if its M6 and have a reliable 800 rwhp C6.
Tiago...for some reason you're the only the few that i have seen make some real power out of the LSX as a streetcar..but i have yet to see any of you guys run around long enough to race me...

my C6 is an auto,..how come there are not many street vettes/Fbodies in houston running 9s if its that easy to make reliable power..**** it only takes around 800hp to run 9s..the only 9 second cars i see around here are using a th350 or a th400 with alot of nitrous..

but like my thread above..maybe Im just a ricerboy and needs to be schooled??
Old 05-23-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=sc300]
Originally Posted by Tiago

Tiago...for some reason you're the only the few that i have seen make some real power out of the LSX as a streetcar..but i have yet to see any of you guys run around long enough to race me...

my C6 is an auto,..how come there are not many street vettes/Fbodies in houston running 9s if its that easy to make reliable power..**** it only takes around 800hp to run 9s..the only 9 second cars i see around here are using a th350 or a th400 with alot of nitrous..

but like my thread above..maybe Im just a ricerboy and needs to be schooled??

That is because most of the Vette guys in houston are NOT drag racers. Little Powell you know can do 9's if he ever stopped being a woman and run the bitch all out from the get go.

Guys like Garett could too, yet they do not want to put a tire on the car and rail the ************ down the strip.

There are plenty of LSX's that make over 750 rwhp. We have two at the shop right now. ONE making 930 hp on PUMP GAS.

Think of it like this. You using the Stock Bottom end comment is us telling you to go tune your car with a factory Toyota PCM.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:25 AM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=sc300]
Originally Posted by Tiago

FYI right now, is the ONLY time my car has been down in the past 3 years

Its just where each of us frequents, you like to go out at night, I prefer the sunlight

My car had no chance of a 9sec 1/4 as it was previously, but on the highway it could hold its own.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Guys if you look through your car thoroughly you will find that your car features parts from Japanese/German Automakers, what are you going to do now? Rip it out? Every car is a hybrid one way or another.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Guys if you look through your car thoroughly you will find that your car features parts from Japanese/German Automakers, what are you going to do now? Rip it out? Every car is a hybrid one way or another.
Just remind them their 4th gen camaro has French shocks, you'll hear a loud bang then, they will stop posting.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

damn you sound so ******* ignorant..t56 rebuild have a racecar that runs 9s..there are street supras running 8s with a ******* stock tranny..my supra run 9s all day long with a stock rebuild AUTO tranny!!!!!

im going to stop arguing with you dumbass!!!! you make statements based on what you hear or seen over the net...

but what do i know?????? Im just a ricerboy with a car that run mid 8s on drag radials and a 9 second streetcar that i drive to any ******* track anywhere and run 9s all day long..and then can spank some 1000cc BIKES on the way home!!!!!!

duy
Where do all these Supra trolls come from??

Street Supras running 8's?

Supras running 8's with stock transmissions?

You run 9's with a stock rebuilt automatic transmission?? Hey dumbass, its not stock if its been rebuilt

9 second street car?? Yea, okay buddy, I'm sure its real streetable...

I laugh at people like you, you downplay everything so much that you make it appear as if Supras can run 8's and 9's on stock components. You are in your own little world, riceboy.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

You run 9's with a stock rebuilt automatic transmission?? Hey dumbass, its not stock if its been rebuilt

I laugh at people like you, you downplay everything so much that you make it appear as if Supras can run 8's and 9's on stock components. You are in your own little world, riceboy.

will you stop making yourseft look dumb??? for real man...just do a search or ask someone that is not as retarded as you are...

and for a 9 second streetcar not being 100% streetable..dude, its not that hard..
Old 05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

You just made yourself look stupid. Its for real.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not a drag racer but yet there are MKIV Supras with stock 6 speed trannies running 8s. Ryan Woon is one of them. Here are his numbers. SC300 knows what he is talking about.

Are there any stock 6 speed transmission LS cars running these times?

Performance Numbers:

Best 60ft to Date: 1.38

Best 1/8th 5.66@126

Best 1/4 Mile 8.62@169.0

Best MPH 171.28mph
Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Billdog350
There will be some people who will appreciate the fabrication, hard work, and difficulty of designing and installing a non-oem motor/driveline/etc in a classic.

Others will scream bloody murder because you're throwing a "rice" motor into an American classic.

I applaud your work, and ambition. If you used an LSx motor you could probably get to 1000 hp more cheaply and with less weight (just guessing) but to stick with the "inline 6" configuration, your options are limited.

You probably could have tried turbocharging the straight 6cyl 4.2l Trailblazer motor if you wanted a truly unique project 6cyl without pissing off the Chevy guys. However I'm guessing they're not as capable as the 2JZ?

Keep us posted, it definitely LOOKS nice!

I will agree here to the uber immaculate fabrication and craftsmanship it takes to do this build.
But, that HAS TO BE the ULTIMATE, sacrilegious slap in the face one could ever possibly do to a domestic icon. At least in the ricefest Tokyo Drift they did it because they had NO other choice, according to the plot.
If you really wanted to be pioneers/innovators, and were compelled to use a straight 6, you could have used a BUILT, high boost GM 4.2 I6 as stated above. So what if it would have to be built?? I'm SURE it could be built at least as strong as a stock GTE bottom end/block, if not stronger!! Enough with the "stock bottom end" GTE worship already. Hasn't that been soooo overdone by the fanboyzz already?
I for one just can't wait until ALL of the 2J blocks have been blown up/destroyed, and TOY won't make any more, so this deification will cease, once and for all!!

You could make amends by making your next "project" a MKIV build with a LSx based engine. This would duly dis and **** off/aggravate ALL of the importonlyfanboyzz out there who would condemn you for desecrating their all time "golden pedestal" Nippon God ride! (Just as you've done to us domestic fanboys with this "abomination", fair is fair, right?)

Last edited by dailydriver; 05-23-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

This is not a abomination to Domestic Classics. It is only going inspire others to collect these cars for custom hot rod work. It will generate publicity for both sides of the court in positive ways. Custom muscle cars are the trend now, we are just adding fuel to that fire. The end result is going to be one truly fast 1st Gen Camaro, if not one of the fastest street 1st Gen Camaro hybrids.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

This is not a abomination to Domestic Classics. It is only going inspire others to collect these cars for custom hot rod work. It will generate publicity for both sides of the court in positive ways. Custom muscle cars are the trend now, we are just adding fuel to that fire. The end result is going to be one truly fast 1st Gen Camaro, if not one of the fastest street 1st Gen Camaro hybrids.
OK, fine. But please tell me you will consider my "even the score" proposal for the domestic powered MKIV as your next "hybrid" project. If nothing else, it will at least confound the import icon worshippers with it's bellowing roar in place of the ppssshhh, ppssshhh. That alone would make it worth doing, as well as still being quite fast (remember, it's NOT ONLY TOY motors that are capable of making power, yes, even reliable power! ).
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not a drag racer but yet there are MKIV Supras with stock 6 speed trannies running 8s. Ryan Woon is one of them. Here are his numbers. SC300 knows what he is talking about.

Are there any stock 6 speed transmission LS cars running these times?

Performance Numbers:

Best 60ft to Date: 1.38

Best 1/8th 5.66@126

Best 1/4 Mile 8.62@169.0

Best MPH 171.28mph
That's like comparing apples to Oranges, means nothing. I think this guy has had enough free advertizing on our site. I'm done with this.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Giving up one 1st gen for this isn't bad. Good luck with your build, keep everyone posted!

Quick Reply: Hate/Love Relationship But its the 1st of its kind! 1000HP