Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol well said^
Old 01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waldershrek

No, no , no......If you really want an SS for whatever reason then sell the Z and get one. If you are asking if the SS is faster the answer is no.

But.....do not under any circumstances turn your Z into an SS. That is and so is anybody who tells you to do that.
newsflash....an ss is nothing but a z28 to start with. slp takes it and changes a few things like the hood, wing and rims are the obvious. and then some suspension and exhaust, which most people change anyways. and big deal if it is titled as A REAL SS or not. it is just another domestic car that will lose its value like the rest of them if you actually plan to drive it. you can pick up a cheaper z28 and make it look EXACTLY like the real oh so sacred SS and with the money you save put a cam and longtubes in it. a genuine gm ss hood, wing and rims can be had for about $1500. if you want to buy one with no miles just to keep in a garage somewhere then i would say buy the ss becasue then it would be worth more but if you plan to drive it and mod it, who gives a **** if its a real ss or not. keep the z and mod the hell out of it.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep the Z.

Bill
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLACK2001SS
so does that mean the guys up in canada that made my car a SS are gay or are you just saying that SS camaros are gay or are you saying that guys that have a SS camaro are

I'm saying any of those. The SS package is modifications done to the car before anybody takes ownership of the car and is a GM approved program. However somebody taking a Z and throwing an SS spoiler, badges and hood on there and parading around as an SS is retarded. There are plenty of aftermarket hoods and appearence mods out there without having to "make" an SS. My point is if somebody wants and SS for the appearence package then buy one. If it isn't a big deal to you then stick with the Z
Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I've herd guys with special edition SLP cars are kinda touchy haha,

I dont get it If you see a 69 camaro that was a V 6 stock but the guy put a big block in it and put some Z or SS badges on the side of it would you think thats gay?

because if thats is so then thats being selfish.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:05 PM
8 Second Club

i guess this site is just a bunch of homos. i do have an ss wing on my car, maybe i should lead the gay pride parade this year.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It just reminds me when I got my SS in 02 and I got it for looks I didnt think it was faster didnt care at the time.
Any way I go to this car show and some guy has a special edition 02 camaro with a 420 hp sticker on it haha, and I was like wow cool I should bring my car and park it next to yours, my car was mint at the time haha, And he gave me a look like park your regular SS next to my special edition SS haha.

anyway I guess I should join the parade because I have 35th SS rims on my 01
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9sec93
i guess this site is just a bunch of homos. i do have an ss wing on my car, maybe i should lead the gay pride parade this year.
Yes you should

Originally Posted by BLACK2001SS
It just reminds me when I got my SS in 02 and I got it for looks I didnt think it was faster didnt care at the time.
I never said they were faster, I'm well aware it is an appearence package. My point is representing yourself as an SS when it isn't is retarded.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, no , no......If you really want an SS for whatever reason then sell the Z and get one. If you are asking if the SS is faster the answer is no.

But.....do not under any circumstances turn your Z into an SS. That is and so is anybody who tells you to do that.

So if I want a new hood I have to go cowl induction or harwood scoop because if I go SS I'll start sucking on dicks like lolipops?

****! I kinda wanted an SS hood, but not THAT bad.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:49 AM
8 Second Club

Yes you should
call me what you want, i bet my gay car will f#*k your **** up anyday. well except for the day of the parade, i will be busy that day.

My point is representing yourself as an SS when it isn't is retarded.
oh now we're gay and retarded. grow the f#*k up dude.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9sec93
call me what you want, i bet my gay car will f#*k your **** up anyday. well except for the day of the parade, i will be busy that day.

oh now we're gay and retarded. grow the f#*k up dude.
Hey what day is the parade, I missed last years.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by troopercar
So if I want a new hood I have to go cowl induction or harwood scoop because if I go SS I'll start sucking on dicks like lolipops?

****! I kinda wanted an SS hood, but not THAT bad.
Hahahaha
Old 01-19-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awman...i guess i need to go hoodless since i have a ss hood on my z...im gonna tell the owners of v6 camaros they cant use our hood because it makes them look like z28's

oh yeah...for the record i dont give a rats *** about ss or z28...it shouldnt matter if you put a different hood or spoiler on you car than what it came with from the factory (unless it looks like it came off of a 747) to each his own...and screw the opinions of ss owners if they think we shouldnt have a car that looks like we want...in the end, the z28 has more of a racing background anyways
Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

I'll put my dog in the fight. If you want a fast, nice looking Camaro, keep the Z. Only reason you should sell to get an SS is if you just want to have a true SS just to have a true SS. I own a SS. I like them better than the Zs cause I've always liked the SSs better growing up. 1st car I ever wanted was a 69 SS. Kinda a loyalty thing. I'm alittle biased due to me being more of a purist. I just think the SSs should stay pure blood SS and Z28s should stay pure blood Zs. Example: SS hood on SS and cowl induction hood on Z28. I think the Sunoco hood is the best looking hood for 93-02 Camaros. I have a friend with an awesome Z28 with SS hood and spoiler. He doesn't try to pass it off as an SS and it looks d*mn good. I wouldn't do it cause that's just me but I don't think down on anyone for any reason for doing it to theirs'. Just like the SSs that have a cowl hood. I wouldn't do it but man they look good. It just depends on your wants and reasons. If your car is as nice as you say it is, keep it. Besides, you'll get more races owning a Z. It's more of a sleeper. I get people wanting to race a good bit and when they ask what I have, I'll tell them Camaro. Then, they ALWAYS ask SS or Z. I say SS then they say, "Oh no, I'm not messing with an SS" I'm like
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To clarify a bit, I don't mind clones as long as you don't pretend it's the real thing. If in fact, I put an SS hood on my car I would readily tell people it is a Z28 with SS parts on it. No different than buying a '66 6cyl. mustang and making it look/run like a GT350. As long as you're not being fraudulent I think it is ok.

Look on the brightside purists, it lets us hotrod the common ones and preserves the more rare cars.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by hvyhttter
Hey what day is the parade, I missed last years.
you better show up, with your wannabe WS6.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Keep your Z, put all the SS stuff you want on it, and go drive the **** out of it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, its your car and you can do whatever you want to it. I don't think it is worth the hassle of selling your Z and trying to find a decent SS, just so you can have a "real" SS. Just go have fun with your car!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya when i was looking for cars i definetly liked the ss better because of the look and the fact that there more rare, but it wasnt going to make my decision i was already way to picky for that, but the car i found that had everything i wanted just happened to be an ss, i agree with what frosttyy said i think its perfectly fine for someone to put ss parts on a z i would have done it if i would have gotten a z but i dont like it when people put all the ss stuff on a z and then misreprent and say its an ss especially when there selling it. i say keep it its hard to find a performance car that hasnt had the hell beat out of it for a good price.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Interestingly, always all the people that critizice the SS badge in a Z are those with a true SS. Makes me think there is a hidden feeling of an inferiority complex. They can not stand the FACT that a SLP SS is really nothing that special and can be replicated quite easily. Guess they feel "special" because of a stupid car.

A real special model is one with a COMPLETE makeover, from the drivetrain to interior, exterior, wheels etc.... A couple of mainly COSMETIC changes and badge is just a marketing trick to shove a couple more cars to the public at a higher, not justified, price.

Take for example my Magnum SRT8. Its a complete different car, from drivetrain, interior and exterior, compared with a regular 5.7 HEMI Magnum. Mine is 1 of 555 made in 2006. Its REALLY faster than a regular Magnum. Ive seen fake SRT8 around. I dont feel offended, in fact, I feel proud.

Enjoy the damn cars for what they are.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I never said they were faster, I'm well aware it is an appearence package. My point is representing yourself as an SS when it isn't is retarded.
I for one represent that I own a camaro, and love my car

So what you are saying is since my Z28 has SS rims, SS spoiler, and an SS hood, then im retarded
Sorry if I like the look of an SS over a Z28. but if you look closely I still rock my Z28 badges. I didnt know stlye was a retardation.

So when it really comes down to it maybe you should hop off your "SS god's" and think before you post, just my $.02 tho

Last edited by g-ryde1; 01-24-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Quick Reply: I've got a dilemma... buyer's remorse?