Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

I've got a dilemma... buyer's remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously alot of people don't have the same opinion as me. I just feel that if you liked the SS package then you should have just got one instead of a Z. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One way to look at it is with a Z you can pull the badges, put an E-cutout on it and pass it off as V-6 for a real sleeper. With the SS you have to downgrade to pull that off (not an insult to Z's). BTW, the SLP bowtie grille would look awesome with the pewter color. Actually, it looks good with any color. Mines NBM and I love the way it changed the front end from that POS factory grille.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

IMO the only difference between a SS and a Z is looks and you can always change that anyway. Just save your money and get some mods and make it better than a SS
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to bring this thread back to life haha. But i guess im trying to fool people into thinking my z is a zo6 since i have zo6 wheels on it. Or maybe im trying to like like a 69 z28 with my retro badges. Who gives a **** if u put ss parts on a z. Mix all the parts u want if it makes ur car look better to you. And saying u should have bought an ss if u liked them over the z is just plain ignorant. Maybe we couldnt find a nice one or didnt have the money up front and mod accordingly. i guess since i only have a z i can only stick to the autozone shopping cart wings because it would be gay of me to put a SS wing on. Dumbass
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

if you like a z over an ss its cuz you have a z dont front you cant afford a ss and it is stupid to try n but wings and badges on your car we like these cars for a reason.then people like you gotta pretend your an upgraded version
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the SS hood, the spoiler is a 50/50, I like the stealthyness of the Z28 spoiler. I always wanted a LS1 M6 Camaro so SS or Z28 is fine with me. The only reason I'd get the SS hood is because it's lighter than the Z28 hood and looks mean.

To me, my Z28 is a Z28, it's special to me because it's a Z28. If I got an SS, it'd be an SS and it'd be special because it's an SS. To make one into the other is just wrong.

Z28 = SS performance wise, don't let anyone rag on you that a Z28 is not as fast as a SS.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by waldershrek

No, no , no......If you really want an SS for whatever reason then sell the Z and get one. If you are asking if the SS is faster the answer is no.

But.....do not under any circumstances turn your Z into an SS. That is and so is anybody who tells you to do that.

I don't think it's gay to do so. I wouldn't put an SS hood on a Z28 but the spoiler is just so much better looking and I would definitely get one if I had a Z28. There aren't a lot of choices when it comes to spoilers for our cars and the SS spoiler is by far the best looking.

As for the hood, I'd get a Sunoco hood. I actually like those better than the SS hood. I'd love to have one but I just can't bring myself to take the SS hood off.

Bottom line is that it's your car, do what you want with it. You need to what makes you happy, not what makes LS1tech happy.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep the Z28 and slap a supercharger on it!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hell yes , supercharge that Z.

Quick Reply: I've got a dilemma... buyer's remorse?