Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Is a car with a manual tranny really faster than an automatic car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock for stock, M6 is faster. Modified A4's on the other hand are a whole different story.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with everyone else. DRIVER!!!! If both cars are identical and the M6 driver launches perfect and runs threw the gears perfect, then the M6 will probably come out on top. M6s seem faster because you can choose ur gear.

But personally I like my A4. Ive always wanted a M6 but im in the process of buying another A4 car for a DD. I cant tell you how many times on the street some kid pulls up next to me at a red light, and runs right there with me until grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd ccrrruuunnnnnnccccccccchhhhhhh. Then u hear the motor over rev and he's car upon car lenghts behind me.

But u gotta love how cocky a young punk M6 WS6 or SS owner gets when he see's ur in just a regular old Sleek Beek T/A
Old 02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by '99bluez
.003 seconds for a shift???? Did the salesman at the dealer tell you that?? I know that an auto can shift faster than a person with a manual, but it takes a longer than .003 seconds. I don't know the exact amount of time for a C6 A6, but for comparison it takes an enzo .15 seconds. Either way its still lighting fast compared to a stick.
I read it on a post at another fourm...showed pics of a slide show GM put on about the C6. It talked about time it took to engauge next gear with the A6 tranny. I may be miss-quoting, but I belive it said .003, maybe I may be one decimal off, so .03 . Either way, pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Is a car with a manual tranny really faster than an automatic car?