Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Help Quick

This isnt that hard of a conversion. Its been done like a million times. Ive got a 6.0 LS2 in my 99 Camaro. Im wondering if I should use the ECU outta the GTO to put in my camaro or just find an ECU outta another 99-02 Camaro and hook it up that way. How would I get the GTO Computer to work. My camaro is gutted and has no internal electrical, So I guess I would just need the fuse boxes and Engine Harness right? Please help and post your opinions. Thanks guys
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going to have to do your electrics any how due to it being gutted I'd keep the GTO PCM and harness which would need much the same supplies etc as the Camero PCM. Also the GTO LS2 will have a fly by wire throttle which a Camero PCM will not be able to control. Keep things simple and try not to spend where you don’t need to.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rhdv8
if you are going to have to do your electrics any how due to it being gutted i'd keep the gto pcm and harness which would need much the same supplies etc as the camero pcm. Also the gto ls2 will have a fly by wire throttle which a camero pcm will not be able to control. Keep things simple and try not to spend where you don’t need to.
c_a_m_a_r_o
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I tend to agree with RHDV8 but there are some things I am aware of to be concerned with that I don't know what to tell you:
1. What to do with the Camaro's BCM functions (lights, locks, security, etc)
2. Will the F-body gauges work with the GTO PCM?

Everything else should be straight forward.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SMAX
c_a_m_a_r_o

Tomatoes, tometoes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmilz28
I tend to agree with RHDV8 but there are some things I am aware of to be concerned with that I don't know what to tell you:
1. What to do with the Camaro's BCM functions (lights, locks, security, etc)
2. Will the F-body gauges work with the GTO PCM?

Everything else should be straight forward.
1. I don’t think it would be that hard to wire those things separately as it sounds like there is no wiring in the car at all as it stands. This would also need to be done for the LS1 BCM.

2. The GTO PCM puts out the same signals for the tach and water temp (as long as you use a matched sender. You can always use a Dakota Digital SGi-5 for the Speedo if you need to (more than likely not) I don’t think there is any other gauge that the PCM deals with that would cause a problem?

If you can swap an LS2 into a Mazda and get every thing working ok it can’t be too hard to do the same in a CamAro now can it.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One other think to consider, SMOG Laws, are you going to register it for street usage ?

You can either re-registe it as a Camaro with all of the correct Camaro smog equipement or as a GTO with all of the required GTO smog equipement.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Ill just go to painless performance and see what they say. I know they will have everything I need to get this thing goin.

Quick Reply: Need Help Quick