Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Banned at the Corral....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got Banned at the Corral....

The moderator of the Corral Greg@GLD created a forum for conversions as is here. Wonderful place to exchange information specific to our swaps.
Unfortunately he showed his bias and true fellings about the concept by titling the section 'Halfbreed Tech"

I objected to this term being used for several reasons, don't want to go into here.
He did not agree with my thoughts on the subject and banned me, now he continues to bash to which no response can be given.
Silence your critics,

Dave
Old 09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those ford boys sure do get upset when they lose to a mustang with a chevy motor in it
Old 09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its like many people are saying the right car and the right motor. Cant hate on that.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

kudos to the mods at LS1 tech for gettin it right without using such terms!!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Teching In

yeah ford forums are very **** i cant seem to understand why......i have 75 f100 that i want to drop a 6.0 lq4 and i know better not to ask to those kind questions at their forums they would either reply bull crap or ban you. I just dont want to drop $2k on just a 351
when you can get a cheap 6.0 with way more potential..
Old 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That site has long been known for such BS. You won't be banned for your opinion here. Nice stable of vehicles you've got there.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

corral will never be anywhere near the level this site is for ls related info on swaps or tech. period.
u wont be missing out on anything by not being a member over there.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Teching In

You're not missing out by being banned from there. Way too many closed minded people over there. Your knowledge and experience would be much more appreciated over here anyways.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks guys,
I am not upset in the least, just shows the difference between forums.

Dave
Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

as someone who is a member on corral, here, another mustang forum, and a dsm forum i do have to say besides the "other mustang forum" (a local forum) this is by far the friendliest.... i'm glad to relay this in my first post although i've been lurking for a long time now.... and dmmizell love your car, it's inspiring... my current car, a dsm, is for sale in hopes to fund money for a decent mustang roller so i can stuff a ls engine in it and go beat up on cars with two to three times the money into them!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

doesn't surprise me. The place is full of guys stroking each other off while they look at car pictures IMO. Very little good tech anymore and the place is overflowing with close-minded rednecks and generall all around douchness.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Default banning...

You really have to try to get banned from the Corral. Try SVTPerformance. You just as much as fart sideways and they will ban your IP permanently. I'm surprised the advertisers don't have a problem with that tactic. They basically reduce the viewership and potential sales. But egos are what they are... Go figure.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by serpentnoir
You really have to try to get banned from the Corral. Try SVTPerformance. You just as much as fart sideways and they will ban your IP permanently. I'm surprised the advertisers don't have a problem with that tactic. They basically reduce the viewership and potential sales. But egos are what they are... Go figure.
some of the hardcore ford guys cant seem to accept that the ls has the capacity to run and churn out the power needed to run times like the op. and with oe parts. and with ford stuff, aftermarket heads and such are needed. there is no way around it.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
9 Second Club

i am on a local mustang board. i can relate to it. they get real pissy about everything. it is entertaining to say the least. they banned a member for talking about his honda on there. They think either fox body is gods gift to cars and fastest car ever is the terminator.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NemeSS
some of the hardcore ford guys cant seem to accept that the ls has the capacity to run and churn out the power needed to run times like the op. and with oe parts. and with ford stuff, aftermarket heads and such are needed. there is no way around it.
Corral has about as much useful tech as toysrus.com. You should be happy getting banned from there. Sooner or later your IQ would be lowered to their level and you wouldn't be able to do simple things like order pizza or hold a conversation.

I disagree with you about the ford stuff- the modular motors are GREAT for making power, they just happen to be huge. Small block ford sucks, you need an aftermarket BLOCK to make real power. FTL. (I'm a mustang/lsx/import person, pretty strange mix of interests)

I like it here because we all help each other rather than spraying out bullshit on why someone shouldn't do something because you heard about it somewhere on the internet...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

so this whole thing is because he titled the section "half-breed tech" ?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

that's a good way to lose members... I dont go on corral.net anymore anyway. Ford dumped the OHV platform and, performance-wise, is getting their lunch eaten by GM Lxx motors. Especially now with the L92 heads becoming more common, things are just going to look that much worse for Ford Modular motors.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

F' em if they can't deal with the truth!

-SS
Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by themachasy
Corral has about as much useful tech as toysrus.com. You should be happy getting banned from there. Sooner or later your IQ would be lowered to their level and you wouldn't be able to do simple things like order pizza or hold a conversation.
I agree...the real shame is that their sale/trade section is killer. I've only been on Corral a little while, but after I saw what retards most of those folks are, I decided to keep my trap shut so I could use their for sale section.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No banning so far here just censorship when you mention a vendor that is not on the list. Even if you give good info and the vendors don't carry the product you may see your post removed without notification. I have had it done here more than once.

Quick Reply: Got Banned at the Corral....