Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Hotrods LS swap kits - any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BRP Hotrods LS swap kits - any experience?

Hi guys, I'm thinking about a LS1 with T56 swap into my 1979 Monte Carlo. Anybody bought that BRP Hotrods swap kit? What do you think? Fitment issues?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

They should include a tub of vaseoline and a box of tissues with there swap kits,that way you can wipe your eyes after they ream you.Fool me once, shame on me , fool me twice shame on you.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

^^^Care to elaborate?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I used there stuff on my 87 monte and it worked out fairly nice. Didn't get to use them long though as some tard pulled out in front of me and totalled it...cracked the block but the mounts stayed together just kinda bent the ears over so I'll vouch for the welds for sure may even straighten them out and reuse them on my 86 swap im doing.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

I am interested in these kits as well. Some feedback would be GREAT
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Teching In

I bought their mounts and headers for a 69 Camaro. Have just got to the point of doing a trial fit but everything looked good. They do bring the engine futrther forward then some of the others which gave plenty of room around the firewall. Wasn't cheap but good quality.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Purchased there second generation f body kit, everything hit, wrong pinion angle, ended up using edelbrock kit with their headers, worked great.Brp has redone the f body kit 4 times at everyone elses expense,wheres this so called engineering ?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Brp

I bought a kit for a 64-67 A Body about 2.5 years ago, nice looking kit but it didnt fit very well, and after looking at it and reverse engineering it I estimated about $50-$75 dollars in parts and labor for a kit that was sold to me for around $480.00 and then I still had to get out the hammer, grinder and welder. What really pissed me off was buying the $800.00 headers that took 3 weeks to arrive and they didnt fit too well either, now if I was buying a $100 set of cheap *** SBC or BBC headers like from the old days you knew you were going to have to get the hammer out and clearance them in a few spots, but after paying $800.00 for a nice looking set of headers and then I still had to clearance them in a few spots I was pissed, and after calling BRP they said they fit fine on their chevelle mock-up and I told them I have a GTO they said OH we havent tried them on a GTO, and a A Body is not just a A Body as the GTO's floorpan is a little different in just a few spots as well. All of the parts are overpriced, now I dont mind paying top dollar for quality, but dammit when I pay top dollar for stuff and it doesnt fit like it is supposed to then I am pissed, Did I mention I was pissed?

Last edited by lizeec; 02-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any one else's feedback, positive or negative? I ask because that's who I was going to use for my LS swap into my race truck S-10. The mounts, headers oil pan, and x-member are what I was going to get from them. I hadn't heard anything about them in a while until now.

-SS
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

I'm interested in the g-body kit that allows you to use the t56. Specifically on an 87 regal.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I PMed one of the guys that works for them and he said that they just redesigned there mounts to be a direct bolt in kit. I am planning on using there stuff engine and frame mounts and headers. It is almost impossible to please everyone and there are bound to be some issues when doing swaps like these.
I agree that their prices are a little high but for the most part I have heard they fit pretty well, with little issues. These were mostly in G-body's.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daschra79
I PMed one of the guys that works for them and he said that they just redesigned there mounts to be a direct bolt in kit. I am planning on using there stuff engine and frame mounts and headers. It is almost impossible to please everyone and there are bound to be some issues when doing swaps like these.
I agree that their prices are a little high but for the most part I have heard they fit pretty well, with little issues. These were mostly in G-body's.
Now that's what I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Boost-Box, take a look at this thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-5-2010-a.html

He used all of the BRP products in his G-body swap.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Yo Lizeec at least they pick up the fone when you call . I call and the fone ring but no one answer for 3 days in a row and I give up.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to stay away from this topic as i have no first hand experience; with that being said, i tried to search for the specific thread with no luck, but someone doing a swap in a 62 Impala had lots of trouble..... LOTS..... and i hope the products are getting better because im interested. I'm sure several people have had success, but i think ANYONE interested in their products should find the the time to search for the very unhappy gentleman's thread and consider the possibilities. I wanted to post possible user names, but didnt think that was appropriate.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boost Box take a look at this thread. My 62 Impala Project, Brads 454 is the username.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Phone

Originally Posted by lamdenali
Yo Lizeec at least they pick up the fone when you call . I call and the fone ring but no one answer for 3 days in a row and I give up.
Not exactly it was a lot of voice mail and then like you said no answer at all for a couple of days and when I finally got ahold of Phil Brewer which is the owner he explained they were away at the S.E.M.A. show in las Vegas, the other part that pissed me off I got an old kit that had basically SBC Frame mounts that you can order from any resto house and then the engine mount was a modified original piece, that looked a little cheesy and then like a week later they came out with a different kit that has the poly bushing mounts. I will say the LH8 oil pan all worked out ok and the oil pickup girdle was a nice piece, even though I see them now for a $100.00 less than I paid for it then but that is expected as the LH8 pan was the latest greatest NEW thing 2.5 years ago. Good Luck
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Launching!

i run a complete setup in my 69 w/midlength headers. everything fit well, it does push the motor forward alittle more than i like, but it allowed to run a vette accy system w/ac and it ended working out very well

Quick Reply: BRP Hotrods LS swap kits - any experience?