Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Accessory Drive Bracket Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Corvette Accessory Drive Bracket Mounting

Does the corvette accessory drive just mount to the head or the head and block? Is there any reason why it couldn't be spaced out to align with the VVT L99 or L92 pully?

I'm trying to work out the accessory drive for an L99 going into a '67 Chevelle.

Thanks, Ted
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It mounts to the head and block on the drivers side, the alternator bracket goes into the head.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

In the pictures it looks like it's a single bracket that holds both the alternator and power steering pump, correct?

I was looking at another posting and they had taken the early camaro accessory brackets and spaced them out 3/4" to clear the VVT. It would seem that you could do the same thing with the corvette bracket which would allow them to align with the L99 pulleys. I'm trying to find out if it will work before buying the corvette setup.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The alternator and power steering pump mount to one braket which mounts to the drivers sid cylinder head. The a/c mounts to the lower passanger side of the block.

I am unsure of the VVT stuff. But as far as I know, the Vette parts are closer to the block than the GTO, CTS-V, and F-Body parts are.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Here is the install instructions with part numbers and bolt sizes for the c5/c6 accessory's.
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/_r...D_19202977.pdf
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Teching In

I am using vette accessories and vvt on an LY6 with LS3 intake and TB. Bracket is mounted. Machined my own 1.5" spacer for the brkt to line up with L99 water pump and truck crank pulley. No AC yet. Probably end up using KWIK brkt if I go AC. Project been put on hold for a bit.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

So here's the current thinking. Use the 2010 Camaro water pump. Buy the vette accessory drive kit and space the bracket out to align with the L99 crank pulley. That should allow for the PS pump and the alternator to align with the crank and waterpump pulleys. Use the 2010 Camaro tensioner.

On the AC unit use the 2010 Camaro bracket to align it to the crank pulley. Is there any difference in the compressor in the kit vs the 2010 Camaro compressor?

Based upon looking at the pulley system for Edelbrock supercharger, it should work with this setup.

Any flaws in my thinking?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by rpol78
So here's the current thinking. Use the 2010 Camaro water pump. Buy the vette accessory drive kit and space the bracket out to align with the L99 crank pulley. That should allow for the PS pump and the alternator to align with the crank and waterpump pulleys. Use the 2010 Camaro tensioner.

On the AC unit use the 2010 Camaro bracket to align it to the crank pulley. Is there any difference in the compressor in the kit vs the 2010 Camaro compressor?

Based upon looking at the pulley system for Edelbrock supercharger, it should work with this setup.

You got the right idea.. I bought the MAST Motorsports VVT spacer kit last year. The spacer is about a 1.5". I still have to install it, but everything looks like it should be good to go.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like we are doing the exact same setup. Ive got the LS3. After deciding the Camaro acc drive would not work due to the alt being where the steering box is, i bought the Corvette drive kit. The Corvette ac compressor wont work with the Vintage Air system, so i got the CTS-V AC Comp and brackets, etc. I ordered a new vette water pump and will need an ATI balancer. Looking at the ac mounted, i dont know if the bracket that holds sensor and wiring on the timming cover is going to hit the balancer. The idea of spacers is pretty good, i will have to look at that. The main reason is that the Edelbrock supercharger kit for the vette is more expensive than for the Camaro. I was planning on using the Vette kit.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mesquitebean
Looks like we are doing the exact same setup. Ive got the LS3. After deciding the Camaro acc drive would not work due to the alt being where the steering box is, i bought the Corvette drive kit. The Corvette ac compressor wont work with the Vintage Air system, so i got the CTS-V AC Comp and brackets, etc. I ordered a new vette water pump and will need an ATI balancer. Looking at the ac mounted, i dont know if the bracket that holds sensor and wiring on the timming cover is going to hit the balancer. The idea of spacers is pretty good, i will have to look at that. The main reason is that the Edelbrock supercharger kit for the vette is more expensive than for the Camaro. I was planning on using the Vette kit.
Mesquitebean, good info advising the corvette ac compressor with not work with the vintage air system as I also plan on purchasing this kit. Do you know if the corvette kit van be purchased without the compressor? I plan to add the vintage air and kwik performance bracket later down the road once I'm up and running.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrBollWeevil97
Mesquitebean, good info advising the corvette ac compressor with not work with the vintage air system as I also plan on purchasing this kit. Do you know if the corvette kit van be purchased without the compressor? I plan to add the vintage air and kwik performance bracket later down the road once I'm up and running.
GMPP makes a kit 19155167 without the AC vs 19155067 with the AC. The price difference is minimal (i.e. $719.95 vs $798.95 with the AC at Pace Performance)

Is there a Sanden compressor that will fit the GM brackets? I know vintage air shows one with "GM" mounts.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

GMPP makes a kit 19155167 without the AC vs 19155067 with the AC. The price difference is minimal (i.e. $719.95 vs $798.95 with the AC at Pace Performance)

Is there a Sanden compressor that will fit the GM brackets? I know vintage air shows one with "GM" mounts.
The part #s are correct on the drive kits from GM Perf.

I spoke to Vintage Air and the comp they list fits the older ( check date in catalog ) LS engines, not the side mount. They said they have no comp that fits the bracket in the stock location. Thats crucial for my build. Ive got another comp and going to use docsblocks.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Teching In

I debated starting a new thread about this but maybe with "rpol78's" permission I can slip a related question in here...

Can the corvette accessories bracket (power steering/alternator) be mounted on an '04 ls1 out of a GTO and can i use the GTO alternator and pump? Can it be that simple, or do I need to go with the accessory kit as mentioned above, or possibly just a few componants from the kit?

Thanks for the GM link "lq4powereds13"
Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheGoatof69
I debated starting a new thread about this but maybe with "rpol78's" permission I can slip a related question in here...

Can the corvette accessories bracket (power steering/alternator) be mounted on an '04 ls1 out of a GTO and can i use the GTO alternator and pump? Can it be that simple, or do I need to go with the accessory kit as mentioned above, or possibly just a few componants from the kit?

Thanks for the GM link "lq4powereds13"
Im not sure but i would use GM parts direct and compare PNs and look at the illustrations. Also there are a lot of GM pictures of the Corvette LS3 , so you might compare that way. I know the PS pump i have has a remote res. I dont think the GTO does, but you can look at it and see.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

After measuring and looking at it, Im going to stick to the Vette setup as is. The only extra expense is a water pump, 100 dollars more on the balancer and more on the SC kit. If i wasnt going to use the SC, I think i would do it, however, youre putting alot of stress on those spacers and bolts. The tensioner that comes with the kit has twice the torque of the stock tensioner.
I would use a truck AC bracket and Comp. They are fixed disp.

That setup would also help get the AC away from the crossmember, but im hoping the MAST pan and the headers will allow me to move the engine forward enough to clear. Headers should be here next week.

Are you going with the street kit or the Comp kit on the SC?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mesquitebean
After measuring and looking at it, Im going to stick to the Vette setup as is. The only extra expense is a water pump, 100 dollars more on the balancer and more on the SC kit. If i wasnt going to use the SC, I think i would do it, however, youre putting alot of stress on those spacers and bolts. The tensioner that comes with the kit has twice the torque of the stock tensioner.
I would use a truck AC bracket and Comp. They are fixed disp.

That setup would also help get the AC away from the crossmember, but im hoping the MAST pan and the headers will allow me to move the engine forward enough to clear. Headers should be here next week.

Are you going with the street kit or the Comp kit on the SC?
On the "spacers", I was thinking more along the lines of making a spacer plate out of aluminum plate. I haven't purchased the Vette accessory drive so I'm not sure how the bracket is supported (i.e. bosses vs using the back side for support). If it is using the back side for support then a plate should give it comparable support to being mounted directly to the head.

Given some of the posts it sounds like the spacer plate would have to be 1 1/2" thick. Does anyone know that for sure? I saw a post on coverting the LS1 Camaro brackets and the poster was using 3/4" spacers to get the pulleys to align with the L92 balancer. I assume the L99 is in the same position.

Just out of curiosity if you have an LS3 won't you have to massage the truck brackets to get them to work for the AC compressor?

On the supercharger I haven't gotten that far. The first step is to get the engine and 4L80 in the Chevelle. I'm thinking along the lines of using the Mast Motorsports ECM. I suppose a tuner could get the L99 Camaro ECM to work with the 4l80. Has anyone done that?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

The plate is machined on the four points of contact, I would submit pictures, but Photobucket wont let me sign up. If you are comfortable trying it, I say go for it, but there are differences in the Supercharger kit for both drive setups. Go to the website and look at the installation instructions for both kits. Also there is a belt diagram included in the instructions.

I have measured the differences in the LS3 Camaro drive and the vette drive and it is 1 1/2 inches.

The vette compressor will not fit the trk bracket. I am using the Cadillac bracket and comp. You will have to use the trk bracket and comp.

I am using the Trailblazer ecm.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

I looked at the Edelbrock installation instructions for the camaro kit and it looks like the changes for the drive system are utilizing the water pump mounting bolts for an idler and then a bracket mounts where the tensioner was to hold a second idler and the tensioner. All of this is on the passenger side of the waterpump.

If I keep the VVT I have to go with the Camaro kit. It looks like the snout is longer on it than the Corvette kit.

On the AC compressors does it matter what year truck? I may have access to a 2007 Denali 6.2.

Quick Reply: Corvette Accessory Drive Bracket Mounting