Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand Alone Transmission Controller

Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand Alone Transmission Controller

I am having issues with my LS2 4l60e build and was wondering if any of you guys have gone to one of the stand alone trans controllers, Optishift Fast/TCI, GM? Which do you guys reccomend. Also is there a way to use one with the harness that came with the vehicle as opposed to buying another harness for the SA system
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive sold a few of the TCI EZ-TCU and had nothing but great luck with them! they come with all the wiring and are so intuitive.

http://www.skspeed.com/ProductDetail...ctID=T16302820

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The TCI kit comes with everything you need, harness and all... A friend is using it on a carb'ed LS-3 '68 Camaro and it works great!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you elaborate on what issues you are having with your current setup?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Can you elaborate on what issues you are having with your current setup?

Jon
PSI
I have an 01 s10 with an ls2 and a 4l60e. I used all the newer electronics on the engine, 58x reluctor. E67 ecu and T42 TCM, the problem is with this set up it is impossible to get the transmission to function properly due to the ECU/TCM looking for a 4l70e (TBSS base tune), the major problem is the ISS or Code PO717. Which is causing the transmission to start is second, false shift, and will not go into OD. I have been to multiple tuners and have sent out the TCM to have it re-flashed for a 60e but no luck, after a little over a year I am trying to solve this problem once and for all with a standalone unit.

Are the FAST and TCI units the same?

Thanks for the replies
Old 11-24-2011, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

yes, the FAST and TCI are exactly the same, both made by TCI.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Thanks!

Has anyone used the Optishift unit?

Also, Is there a way to untilize the oem TCM wiring harness with these systems, i realize you would have to change the conector from the OE harness to match the stand alone unit, and possibly leave out a few wires, but wouldn't it have all the wires neccessary?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 404S10
Thanks!

Has anyone used the Optishift unit?

Also, Is there a way to untilize the oem TCM wiring harness with these systems, i realize you would have to change the conector from the OE harness to match the stand alone unit, and possibly leave out a few wires, but wouldn't it have all the wires neccessary?
I haven't used the optishift, but in my experience Baumann does make good products.

I suppose that you could use the OEM wiring harness, but I can't think of a good reason to do so. If you use the aftermarket wiring harness, it'll give you options of a manual shift mode, a performance mode, and TCC over ride. However, you'll have to use their harness to utilize those features.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I have an 01 s10 with an ls2 and a 4l60e. I used all the newer electronics on the engine, 58x reluctor. E67 ecu and T42 TCM, the problem is with this set up it is impossible to get the transmission to function properly due to the ECU/TCM looking for a 4l70e (TBSS base tune), the major problem is the ISS or Code PO717. Which is causing the transmission to start is second, false shift, and will not go into OD. I have been to multiple tuners and have sent out the TCM to have it re-flashed for a 60e but no luck, after a little over a year I am trying to solve this problem once and for all with a standalone unit.

Are the FAST and TCI units the same?

Thanks for the replies
For future reference for my swap, this issue could be avoided by finding a ECU , TCM , and transmission from the same donor vehicle ( then send out for a reflash ) , and then purchase an aftermarket harness to link everything together?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Absolutely, the best way is a donor vehicle and to use the older style electronics 24x reluctor. I would have saved thousands... When i started this project there weren’t a lot of these engines available for the right price and for my plans (404ci ls2) and the 4l60e came in the corvettes so i figured it would work, but definitely not. There is so much information out now all i can say is just do as much research as you can before you buy anything this will save a lot of headaches!

Thanks for the replies I am going to PRI This week hopefully will get to talk to a couple people about the situation and get some more answers, the TCI unit looks like it should do the job. Anybody looking for a T42 Trans controller?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Compushift controller here - plugged into my 4L60E. Also paddle shift. Plug and play. I can customize shift speed and firmness. When it shifts and how hard for a particular throttle percentage. When it downshifts, when the TCC locks up etc.

Great customer service as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Teching In

thanks i will definitely look into that
Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

thanks i will definitely look into that
Here is their website --> https://www.hgmelectronics.com/display/hgm/Home

Talk to Mike Hoy is you have any questions. Very helpful guy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stand Alone Transmission Controller