Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cannot thank all of you so much!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Cannot thank all of you so much!!!!!!!

Alright first off, I want to thank everyone on the site. I am building my 71 C10 and have installed my first conversion Gen 3 motor. Upon asking and reviewing the posts I found all the information I needed to get the correct hardware to get the 2002 5.3 and 4l60e trans installed. I used a set of Moroso billet adapter plates with Prothane motor and transmission mounts. It should be noted that I did not have to cut or modify my chassis other than moving the stock auto trans mount forward two inches. This only required 2 new holes to be drilled. The stock truck oil pan on the motor fits perfect and only hangs down 1 inch.

However, I have now reached the critical point of what to do for a harness and ECM. I have found a couple online Chevy Thunder, Nelson Performance and Painless Wiring. Any suggestions on which one to go with. I like Nelson the best but cannot get a call back from them to purchase. Any further help would be great. I need the stand alone harness, trans harness and either a new flashed ECM or mine re flashed. Thanks for all the help guys oh and how to i post pics of the progress?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a lot of great info about stand alone harnesses here (PSI's thread).

Last edited by Mike52; 02-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Look up http://www.psiconversion.com/ Best place to get a harness and ecm. I wil be ordering mine soon. Alot of threads here about them
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Moter
Look up http://www.psiconversion.com/ Best place to get a harness and ecm. I wil be ordering mine soon. Alot of threads here about them
This...awesome product and support. Great price. For your set-up it is a no-brainer. They can even do the initial flash of your PCM to get it running for $50 extra with the purchase of a harness. Jon's a good guy.

Dave
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default best harness and ecu

Either these guys http://www.psiconversion.com/ or this one www.speartech.com.
I used the latter for my conversion.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys Just talked to John over as PSI very helpful and professional I will be ordering the harness this week with one of their PCM's. Cant wait to here this thing run in that chassis. Still have to do exhaust and will be a few months before the cab and sheetmetal is back from paint. I would really like to get some pics up here to show progress and help anyone new to this with what to look for but cant figure out how to get them on the site.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just make an account on www.photobucket.com and upload from your computer to there. Then just copy the "IMG" code and paste onto this site.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Don't know if you already have a harness or not (OEM), but if you do, I'd use these guys

http://www.lsx-harness.com/

Good price, excellent work. Also does Ecm edits for the basics. Everything comes labelled, including a fuseblock. I used'em. Very happy.