Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt1 to ls1 fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 to ls1 fuel system

I checked the FAQ and I see the corvette fuel filter/regulator. My question is what about the in-line fbody fuel filter and the stock lt1 fuel lines? Will these work? I already have the racetronix fuel pump and the "hot wire" or w/e its called installed. Heavy guage wire that runs from the alternator to the fuel pump in tank. Its a single wallborro 255 I think. So do I leave my fuel lines alone or should I swap the lt1 gas tank to the ls1 gas tank? Or just leave the stock fbody fuel filter in place and then run the corvette fuel filter/regulater on top of it?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

I am doing an LS1 swap also, i believe the reason for using the corvette system is because LS1 engines only have 1 fuel line to the engine, where the LT1 has a supply line and a return line to the engine.

Actually my swap is from TPI to Ls1, but i believe the LT1's have a supply and return lines also.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Correct LS cars have a T in the rear that diverts ye fuel back to the regulator in the tank. I'm selling my setup right now because I had to go to AN line. You need to modify the out side of the fuel filter to fit the vette filter. The in line hooks right up then you need to make a return line jumper.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any idea how the vette filter works? It has 3 lines, im assuming one is tank to filter, another is filter return to tank and lastly from filter to fuel rails. If this is the case, just remove the lt1 filter and replace with the vette filter. Hook it up so that its feed line to feed "IN" the filter. Hook the existing return line up to the "RETURN" on the filter and ditch the rest of the return line headed to the front of the car. Use the existing feed from the filter forward. Make sense? I would verify that this is the how the filter/regulator works prior to doing this. I am running an aeromotive fpr in mine, so its a bit different but similar in principle. With the regulator dead-headed like this, the pump will work a bit harder. But many have done this with no ill consequences.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Strokinit383
Any idea how the vette filter works? It has 3 lines, im assuming one is tank to filter, another is filter return to tank and lastly from filter to fuel rails. If this is the case, just remove the lt1 filter and replace with the vette filter. Hook it up so that its feed line to feed "IN" the filter. Hook the existing return line up to the "RETURN" on the filter and ditch the rest of the return line headed to the front of the car. Use the existing feed from the filter forward. Make sense? I would verify that this is the how the filter/regulator works prior to doing this. I am running an aeromotive fpr in mine, so its a bit different but similar in principle. With the regulator dead-headed like this, the pump will work a bit harder. But many have done this with no ill consequences.
That's exactly how it works.. The only issue is adapting the fuel out to rail line because of the differant hook up. and making a short jumper for the return and done.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the lines down where a LT1 cold air would sit and hooked the lines to the vett filter and had a line made from the filter to the rail, that way if i wanted to take it back to stock it would just unplug and be able to go back to stock.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Launching!

When I did my car a couple years ago I wasn't aware of the 99 up vette filters. I used a 97-98 vette rail as they have a return line on them
Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
When I did my car a couple years ago I wasn't aware of the 99 up vette filters. I used a 97-98 vette rail as they have a return line on them
this almost sounds like an even better idea however how does a regulator play into this? Can the stock lt1 fuel system work like this? And this would allow me to just run stock filter/lines right? Because the 98 vette rail has a return line just like the lt1?

Originally Posted by Strokinit383
Sounds like I have a few options. I think I do understand Strokinit383. I haven't actually looked up close at a vette fuel filter because all I have right now is a donor ls1 fbody. I would have to crawl under my lt1 and give it a closer look. The only thing I don't fully understand is the return line. I am pretty sure the lt1 fuel lines are like metal so how would I plug it in to the return line of the vette filter? I guess I could by new hose but then I would have to make sure it is the right hose and figure out how to use a connector like the stock lines.

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
I ran the lines down where a LT1 cold air would sit and hooked the lines to the vett filter and had a line made from the filter to the rail, that way if i wanted to take it back to stock it would just unplug and be able to go back to stock.
Not sure how/why you put the filter near the front fender? O_o
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robbie Wilson
this almost sounds like an even better idea however how does a regulator play into this? Can the stock lt1 fuel system work like this? And this would allow me to just run stock filter/lines right? Because the 98 vette rail has a return line just like the lt1?

Sounds like I have a few options. I think I do understand Strokinit383. I haven't actually looked up close at a vette fuel filter because all I have right now is a donor ls1 fbody. I would have to crawl under my lt1 and give it a closer look. The only thing I don't fully understand is the return line. I am pretty sure the lt1 fuel lines are like metal so how would I plug it in to the return line of the vette filter? I guess I could by new hose but then I would have to make sure it is the right hose and figure out how to use a connector like the stock lines.

Not sure how/why you put the filter near the front fender? O_o
Ok this helps alot, he has pictures/explanations.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls1-swap.html
Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robbie Wilson
The only thing I don't fully understand is the return line. I am pretty sure the lt1 fuel lines are like metal so how would I plug it in to the return line of the vette filter? I guess I could by new hose but then I would have to make sure it is the right hose and figure out how to use a connector like the stock lines.
You have a few options, depending on how the existing return line is routed. If it is routed close enough to the feed, you could either braze or use a compression fitting to adapt the hard line to the appropriate connectors for the filter. If they dont make the filter connector for hard lines, you may have to braze/compression fitting your hard line to a soft line (AN hose or similar) and the attach the fuel filter connectors.

I believe Dorman makes OE style connectors too if you have the capability of mating them to your stock lines.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Yes you can leave the lt1 fuel system the way it is with the vette rail. I just clipped my lines rite on and was done. No messing around with fuel lines. Simple and easy. Them rails.are getting hard to find though.
As for the regulator on it. I tryed it with vacuum. Fp was @55psi @ idle and 58 on the throttle.
We swaped a buddys v6 car. There setup like lt1 cars with a return and he just left.his regulator open with no vacuum and it ran fine .
I think its the easiest way to go.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Launching!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=25146092067
This is the only one on eBay.I saw. It's what you need. Bolt it on plug ur stock lt1 feed and return line on. And Booya your done lol. That way you don't have to mess with your lines n all that crap
Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=25146092067
This is the only one on eBay.I saw. It's what you need. Bolt it on plug ur stock lt1 feed and return line on. And Booya your done lol. That way you don't have to mess with your lines n all that crap
Thanks! I still have some time to decide. Is there any advantage to "colder" fuel by not having a return line come from the engine?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

So are you guys suggesting mounting the vette FPR directly to the fuel rail? That would work, but who would want to see that everytime they popped the hood?!?!?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

This is how I did it on my SS..it's the same as my old Fbody swaps..

Custom line with a male end..

Female end at the Rails..

Quick Reply: lt1 to ls1 fuel system