Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'00 BMW M Roadster - LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 BMW M Roadster - LS1 Swap

This is a forsale listing is for a V8 swap car built for doing track days, Time Trials, and/or SCCA Autox. The build is featured in this build thread. This car was originally an autoxer built for SCCA Street Mod class as well as an occasional drag racer. The previous owner installed a turbo on the original S52 and, no surprise, it blew up. He then removed the BMW drivetrain and that is how I purchased it, as a rolling chassis. Some of the electrical harness had been cut up as well the interior was somewhat disassembled so it reality was a rolling basket case. The decision to make it a LS1 car was a no-brainer as it was the perfect candidate (No BMW purist hate, please).

I had a vision of building a modern version of the original Shelby Cobra and competing in SCCA's X-Prepared autox class as well as NASA Time Trials. Take a small, lightweight car and stick an American V8 in it but this time it would be better. I started with a modern fuel injected all aluminum LS motor along with a modern race-prepped suspension so this iteration of the formula is much improved over those cars of the '60s.

Over the last five years I have changed direction slightly and recently my focus has been on finishing the car as something that is primarily a track & autoxer but also has the ability to be streetable. The next owner can either keep it as is and drive it to car meets as well as races or throw in a full cage and dedicate it to track use. The choice is yours as the foundation is set. This truly is a one-of-a-kind automobile.

Do note when reviewing the details and modifications, in almost all instances top end components were employed and no short cuts were taken. There was a lot of time taken considering the best way to do something, not always the easiest, and I think the end results show that. Also, this car is immaculately clean; inside, out, underneath, etc. As always, if you were to add up the receipts and labor, I've probably spent twice as much as my asking price and it would be hard pressed to duplicate the efforts. Thanks again for your consideration.

overview

Asking Price: SOLD!
Odometer: 24,xxx miles on chassis
VIN: WBSCK9340YLC89980
Engine: LS1 5.7ltr V8, all aluminum
Drivetrain: BW T-56 6-speed manual, Z3M Diff
Colors: Estoril Blue with Blue/Black Interior
OEM BMW Hardtop (roll-around storage cart & cover included)
Clean & Clear Title, No Liens, No Salvage

exterior

[IMG][/IMG]

contact info

There are hundreds of pictures of this car, as it was being built over the past 3-5 years, located here. I just put a small sampling here. Most are "work in process" as the car was being built, mostly in my garage. Additional "finished" pictures will be taken and added to the ad in the coming days. If you would like to know more about this car, please PM me here or email mccallj@gmail (Not Vorshlag, this is a private individual's car). I do not offer financing and am not interested in trades. Payment with cash or cashier's check only. The car is located in the Dallas, TX area. Delivery is available within a 250 mile range. If you would like to ship this car nationally, I have some experience in this and can point you to several brokers that I have used in the past. Thanks again!

Last edited by McCall; 03-26-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow.... I've always liked those cars.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Wow.... I've always liked those cars.
Thanks. I believe the Z3 body lines will always be pretty unique. The flares really accent it as well IMHO (but I am a bit bias). What is most surprising to most people is how small they really are. I'm sad to see it go but I have a Vette in the garage beside it that now needs my attention and I can't have both.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Nice car, but I think you will have better luck selling this by posting it in the classifieds sections.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweeeeeet
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fat tony157
Nice car, but I think you will have better luck selling this by posting it in the classifieds sections.
I tried that but this forum's structure made it too difficult to deal with (and this was the only one). Heck, I had to strip out most of main pics and over 50% of the text just to make my post above.

On a side note, Vorshlag(who build the LS1 swap kits) has been kind enough to host a forsale ad on their website. There are a few more pics there as well a full detailed list of all the modifications
For Sale Ad

I figured the conversions section was the best place to get the word out to someone who might be interested in this type of car.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the sale. That is a super nice ride!

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

The car is SOLD! New owner is looking at doing a twin-turbo LSx so look out.

Quick Reply: '00 BMW M Roadster - LS1 Swap