Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

programmer for a 70 chevelle lq4/t56

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programmer for a 70 chevelle lq4/t56

so i just about finished converting me wiring harness over to stand alone and im getting ready to try and start the engine for the first time in the car. i dont have any gauges in the car yet so i have no way of monitoring whats going on. also i removed that cats (obviously) and know i need to tell the ecm i did that. a freind of mine has a Superchips Flashpaq model #2865 hes looking to get rid of. i already looked it up and found that that programmer fits my engine. my question is... for now is that going to do what i need it to? will it turn off cats? can i monitor all the necessities? or at least communicate enough with the ecm to know that that wall was converted over correctly? this is just a temporary thing. i just need something to get by until i get all my gauges in and until i pull my engine and build it up then need go for a dyno tune.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont believe that tuner will remove the vats from the system. We offer very affordable basic stand alone tuning for far less that what most hand held tuners cost.

If you dont remove the vats or install a bypass module you will not be able to run the engine.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
I dont believe that tuner will remove the vats from the system. We offer very affordable basic stand alone tuning for far less that what most hand held tuners cost.

If you dont remove the vats or install a bypass module you will not be able to run the engine.
like i said this is just a temporary thing until i get the car done and actually get it dyno tuned.

the engine is out of a 2004 express van. bare bones no options what so ever. i didnt think i had to worry about VATS in it? am i wrong?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyMan1989
like i said this is just a temporary thing until i get the car done and actually get it dyno tuned.

the engine is out of a 2004 express van. bare bones no options what so ever. i didnt think i had to worry about VATS in it? am i wrong?
If you do not remove the vats the engine will start and only run for 2 seconds.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyMan1989
so i just about finished converting me wiring harness over to stand alone and im getting ready to try and start the engine for the first time in the car. i dont have any gauges in the car yet so i have no way of monitoring whats going on. also i removed that cats (obviously) and know i need to tell the ecm i did that. a freind of mine has a Superchips Flashpaq model #2865 hes looking to get rid of. i already looked it up and found that that programmer fits my engine. my question is... for now is that going to do what i need it to? will it turn off cats? can i monitor all the necessities? or at least communicate enough with the ecm to know that that wall was converted over correctly? this is just a temporary thing. i just need something to get by until i get all my gauges in and until i pull my engine and build it up then need go for a dyno tune.
What year is the engine? We are in Ocean County and can get the PCM flashed so you can get to the dyno. Shoot me a PM.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: programmer for a 70 chevelle lq4/t56