Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug wires that work with Doug's headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Plug wires that work with Doug's headers?

Who's happy with their plug wires, fit and preformance? I need partnumber that fits standard coils on valve covers and Doug's D3338 long tube headers on an 67 A-body with standard NGK TR5 spark pulgs. The factory truck ones won't fit with metal heat shourd and will sit right on the header without out them.
Attached Thumbnails Plug wires that work with Doug's headers?-dscf2125.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Skylark
Who's happy with their plug wires, fit and preformance? I need partnumber that fits standard coils on valve covers and Doug's D3338 long tube headers on an 67 A-body with standard NGK TR5 spark pulgs. The factory truck ones won't fit with metal heat shourd and will sit right on the header without out them.
im having the same issue...
Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Firecore 50.

They can be built with adjustable boots. google them. MSD is a joke compared to these.

Tim
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gray86hatch
Firecore 50.

They can be built with adjustable boots. google them. MSD is a joke compared to these.

Tim
Looks like they have a couple different part numbers for the ls1 that may work, anyone ever use them with Doug's Headers??
$115 vs $75ish for MSD Worth it?
Anybody use the MSD with the Doug's D3338?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had great success with the MSD wires and the Dougs headers. Everything fit like a glove. I have the truck coils and used a truck set in black.
The plug boot/terminal is adjustable to clear the headers with no issues.
Attached Thumbnails Plug wires that work with Doug's headers?-003.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oldgoat69
I have had great success with the MSD wires and the Dougs headers. Everything fit like a glove. I have the truck coils and used a truck set in black.
Happen to rember the PN? MSD 32813?
Would just like to order the right set the first time. Either brand would be fine with me, just want them to fit
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oldgoat69
Thats a badass looking powerplant.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Problem with new msd is they changed the boot material. Prob from china. The terminals don't snap on the plug after a couple removals. They are basicly junk once you have had a quality wire.

Firecore snap on the plug so you know it is on correctly. Built in the usa. Rick will build them how you need them has a bunch of different boots avalible

Been there with msd until I found something better.

Tim
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had issues with the plug wires and heat shields contacting the headers. I am putting a LS1 from a GTO into a 71 Lemans, I used the Dougs D3338 headers. I bought the MSD-32813 wire set with the bendable boots, $65.95 at Summit. See pictures below for the installation. I know it appears like some are touching the headers, but I was able to bend the boots at all locations so I have at least 1/2" clearance.

I have had these on and off a few times and they seem to fit just as securely as the first time but I can't vouch for their long-term performance as I don't have my car on the road yet.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fsdproject
I also had issues with the plug wires and heat shields contacting the headers. I am putting a LS1 from a GTO into a 71 Lemans, I used the Dougs D3338 headers. I bought the MSD-32813 wire set with the bendable boots, $65.95 at Summit. See pictures below for the installation. I know it appears like some are touching the headers, but I was able to bend the boots at all locations so I have at least 1/2" clearance.

I have had these on and off a few times and they seem to fit just as securely as the first time but I can't vouch for their long-term performance as I don't have my car on the road yet.
geez man...dust that sucker off would ya?

Quick Reply: Plug wires that work with Doug's headers?