Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness wiring & ECM tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness wiring & ECM tune

I have looked on the Lt1 site and find no referance to wiring harness mods for a stock 05 GTO ls2 DBW into a 55 Chevy. Any help would be appreciated. Have electronic back ground just need to know what should be deleted? Paul
Some say the 05 GtO 24x is strange in some ways?
Old 03-23-2013, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd run it with a '02 Fbody PCM and wire the Harness for that since the GTO is 24x and Cam is 1x..that way you can run a Cable TB.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aupaul
I have looked on the Lt1 site and find no referance to wiring harness mods for a stock 05 GTO ls2 DBW into a 55 Chevy. Any help would be appreciated. Have electronic back ground just need to know what should be deleted? Paul
Some say the 05 GtO 24x is strange in some ways?
You have a few choices....

1. As Merv said, you can run drive by cable (aftermarket throttle body with your LS2 intake) or switch to LS6 intake with camaro throttle body) and an LS1 (Red/Blue) PCM. This may be the easiest way. PSI has all the parts and a plug and play harness for this. (FYI, we did this on our 71 Nova LS2 swap).

2. You can go rework your stock E40 harness. PSI does not perform harness rework, however, there are plenty of people out there that do.

3. You can stick with DBW LS2 throttle body you have but run the LS1 (Red/Blue) PCM with corvette TAC (Throttle Actuator Module), Corvette Pedal and TAC harness. This is a little more expensive than option 1 or 2 but it would be done with a new harness and components.

The E40 controller that came on the GTO is not supported by any major harness manufactures that I know of. Hope this information helps. If you would like to discuss please give us a call at 732-691-6531

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Sorry I must have been worn out last night. From driving all day. I forgot to mention that I have the original harness DBW pedal and TB and E40 ECM. Would like to try to mod what I have in hand. Where can I find what to remove from the harness. And yes I may decide to Go to a LS1B /411 system. But thought it might be better to stick with the E40 set up? Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I must have been worn out last night. From driving all day. I forgot to mention that I have the original harness DBW pedal and TB and E40 ECM. Would like to try to mod what I have in hand. Where can I find what to remove from the harness. And yes I may decide to Go to a LS1B /411 system. But thought it might be better to stick with the E40 set up? Thanks
You can mod what you have, that is the only option you have to use the original equipment. Otherwise you will have to use the ls1 system, and that will require purchasing a new harness and pcm.

If you are wanting to rework your own harness we offer a DIY kit that comes with all the essentials you need for rewiring your own harness. We also offer many, many other things.

Bill
270-805-1777
bpautomotive@live.com

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Speartech can rework your stock harness for $250.00 and add the necessary fuse panels and relays and reflash your ECM for $200.00 you are out the door for about $450.00 plus roundtrip shipping, he re-did one for one of my projects and everything turned out fine. those prices were about a year ago so you might have to call John at Speartech he is a sponsor on this board, to get an accurate quote.

I was told by some of the other harness sponsors that alot of the things I wanted done with my E40 ECM and harness couldnt be done and that I was in black magic territory, when I talked to John at Speartech he made it sound like it was not problem and was as easy as brushing his teeth, he was right the harness plugged in and the engine fired on the first spin of the engine.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Teching In

BLACK MAGIC indeed. That is the same way I feel. My block is a 05 GTO but the intake I got from a 06. I found a 06 harness ECM tb . But on the net I was told you can NOT MIX 05 /06 GTO. They both have 24x but the E40 ECM changed. I finaly talked to John. He laughed and said do not belive the net it will work. But i found 05 harness ECM TB & pedal much cheaper. May let him do the ECM but with 40+ years in electronics I feel I should save the $200 on harness. But can't find what to delete. Am I trying to run open loop or closed? I could start with a non mod harness. This all new to me but I am excited....
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The 05/06 GTO ECM's do have different part numbers, but they will interchange I don't know if ones is better than the other or what is different and why they have different part numbers.

Myself I rather have it done by someone that definitely knows what they are doing and not have the aggravation of one person doing the ECM and a different person doing the harness, when something does not work both parties start pointing fingers and blame each other for not knowing what they are doing. My time and not needing the aggravation of shipping stuff back and forth is worth the extra cost to me.

I also like to learn, if it is something I plan on doing multiple times I will spend the time to figure it out and do it myself, but if its a one time shot I leave it to the people that have the expertise and correct tools and supplies.

Quick Reply: Harness wiring & ECM tune