Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

can anybody post a link or item# regarding this headers cant find them online
Old 04-27-2017, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Toddoky
That's correct, they were designed for direct fitment on the 96-98 cars using the Hooker engine adapter plates on the stock K-member and should have no issues fitting cars up to 2004. I can't say how the headers or adapter plates will fit on any specific brand of aftermarket mod motor based K-member as most have various amounts of design deviations from the stock K-member geometry (i.e. not fully accommodating the anti-rotation button on the bottom of the engine mounts, changing the mounting position of the steering rack and not exactly replicating the stock engine mounting pad/slot position exactly).
As always you are very very appreciated and helpful
Old 04-28-2017, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebambam
can anybody post a link or item# regarding this headers cant find them online
https://www.holley.com/products/ls_power/ls_swap_systems/1994-04_ford_mustang_ls_swap_components/exhaust_systems/
Old 06-12-2017, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any news?
are the motor mounts released?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Well here's a little insight into my build using Hooker swap mounts and headers. They fit perfect! This is into a 99 mustang. I had to improvise a bit as I didn't use the holley pan and no trans mount is available for 99-04. Everything fits with plenty of clearance. Nothing has to be be modified if using all the swap components. Definitely simplifies the swap tremendously. Thanks again for the help Toddoky R/s mount

Last edited by sloryd95; 07-09-2017 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-09-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sloryd95
Well here's a little insight into my build using Hooker swap mounts and headers. They fit perfect! This is into a 99 mustang. I had to improvise a bit as I didn't use the holley pan and no trans mount is available for 99-04. Everything fits with plenty of clearance. Nothing has to be be modified if using all the swap components. Definitely simplifies the swap tremendously. Thanks again for the help Toddoky R/s mount

looking great!
still a bummer that they require the hooker headers officialy and dont offer clearance to other options.

now it depends on how much they cost.
dirty coyote offers some good adjustable mounts for round 120$. Hope hooker will not go crazy
Old 07-09-2017, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Nice start there sloryg95, it looks right at home in your car. What oil pan did you use and what did you have to modify to get it to clear everything?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Nice start there sloryg95, it looks right at home in your car. What oil pan did you use and what did you have to modify to get it to clear everything?
I used the ctsv pan, I had that already when I was going to use the upr plates. I had to notch out the area in red. Just cut it and plated it.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Sebambam, if you aren't aware of the design method behind all Hooker swap systems, we first design our engine mounts and transmission crossmembers(with maximum exhaust clearance built in)to achieve desirable U-joint operating angles on the finished vehicle, then determine if a new oil pan is required to be designed to fit the car (the coming Fox Body system did for example) before finishing up by prototyping the headers and exhaust sytems. There very well may be other headers that also fit with the Hooker engine brackets, but I wouldn't have any idea as to which would since no effort is made to test fit other headers as part of the design process. No other company goes as deep as we do to optimize the fundamental functional geometry of each swap application as we do. The value of that comprehensiveness is up to each user to decide, and if you prefer the mixed bag approach performing a swap I certainly can't fault you for that.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I used the ctsv pan, I had that already when I was going to use the upr plates. I had to notch out the area in red. Just cut it and plated it.
Seems like it was a fairly simple modification to make...good work.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Seems like it was a fairly simple modification to make...good work.
Honestly I was going to buy the Holley pan, but ultimately I would like to use the maximum motorsports kmember and front suspension. When the all the components are available, I will switch to the 5.0 mm kmember and all the Hooker/Holley swap pieces.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Could I ask a favor of someone with these conversion headers? They look really close to working in a car I'm building. Can you give me a measurement from the bottom of the header flange down to the the center of the collector? And also a measurement off the bottom of the block over to the center of the collector? Thank you for anyone that attempts this!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sebambam, if you aren't aware of the design method behind all Hooker swap systems, we first design our engine mounts and transmission crossmembers(with maximum exhaust clearance built in)to achieve desirable U-joint operating angles on the finished vehicle, then determine if a new oil pan is required to be designed to fit the car (the coming Fox Body system did for example) before finishing up by prototyping the headers and exhaust sytems. There very well may be other headers that also fit with the Hooker engine brackets, but I wouldn't have any idea as to which would since no effort is made to test fit other headers as part of the design process. No other company goes as deep as we do to optimize the fundamental functional geometry of each swap application as we do. The value of that comprehensiveness is up to each user to decide, and if you prefer the mixed bag approach performing a swap I certainly can't fault you for that.
oh i absolutly understand that, why woukd hooker focuson building parts to work with otherbrands...thats definitly not the focus!
and as you said they might work with other components and time will tell since people will try it out. In my case i want to use the stock manifolds regardless since a simple turbo build is planned.
so im definitly interested in the engine mounts!

​​​​​
​​​​​

​​​​
Old 07-10-2017, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Who's transmission mount is that?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

And what trans are you running? Looks like a T5, if so, which one, GM or Ford?

Thanks again.

Stampede.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
And what trans are you running? Looks like a T5, if so, which one, GM or Ford?

Thanks again.

Stampede.
Stifflers trans mount and Ford tko 600 w/ QuickTime rm-6037. I was trying to stay with a cable clutch but it won't work with these headers. I'm doing a hydraulic conversion
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Stifflers trans mount and Ford tko 600 w/ QuickTime rm-6037. I was trying to stay with a cable clutch but it won't work with these headers. I'm doing a hydraulic conversion
The situation you ran into with the clutch cable is something I'd like to see get remedied through the QuickTime product line as it would make the most sense to create a TKO bell with the same 7:00 fork position used for the stock manual transmissions in the SN95 cars than to route the headers around the 9:00 position used in the Fox bodies, which would narrow the trans compatibility coverage the headers offer.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey sloryd95, I just caught your earlier statement that said you were ultimately going to swap out your K-member for the Maximum Motorsports 5.0 piece...you wouldn't want to do that if you are planning on staying with the mounts and
headers you currently have as they will only install on the stock and Maximum Motorsports mod motor K-members. There would also be another big disadvantage for you in going that route and that would be loosing a large amount of oil pan clearance as the steering rack position on the 5.0 K-members is at least 1" higher in relation to where it is on the mod motor K-members.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Hey sloryd95, I just caught your earlier statement that said you were ultimately going to swap out your K-member for the Maximum Motorsports 5.0 piece...you wouldn't want to do that if you are planning on staying with the mounts and
headers you currently have as they will only install on the stock and Maximum Motorsports mod motor K-members. There would also be another big disadvantage for you in going that route and that would be loosing a large amount of oil pan clearance as the steering rack position on the 5.0 K-members is at least 1" higher in relation to where it is on the mod motor K-members.
Toddoky, I have been following this thread along with the fox swap thread. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I remember reading the 5.0 mm kmember gave the best engine inclination, etc. I was going to switch to the hooker fox adapters and fbody mounts w/mm 5.0 kmember using the 302-3 pan. Hence me choosing to notch the factory kmember instead of purchasing the 302-2 pan. Also thought is saw you fit these headers on a 94-95 with the previously mentioned setup. Maybe backwards thinking by changing to that setup, but if it provides the best all around fitment it seems worth it.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Sloryd95, the engine inclination angle I achieved with the 5.0 K-member in the Fox Body and the mod motor K-member with the adapter plates you have in the 96-99 cars is the same, which is to say they both replicate the stock engine inclination/U-joint working angles.

I was able to install the Hooker Fox body engine brackets with the SN95 headers into the 95 model year car you mentioned due to it, and the 94 model year cars being bastardized from the factory with a Fox type engine K-member, a 96-98 transmission crossmember and a steering shaft that is used in only those 2 year models.

If for some clearance reason you wanted to lower the front of your engine down 1/2" as I did with the special engine brackets for the AJE and Team Z K-members with the triangulated engine stands in the Fox Body, you could theoretically accomplish the same thing using one of those K-members in your car (the AJE K-member is advertised to install in 1979-04 cars).

If you are ultimately setting up your car to have optimized suspension geometry for road course driving, I would stick with your original plan to use a Maximum Motorsports K-member, and choose the mod-motor version of it as the engine inclination angle and steering geometry will be optimized for your car.

Your current oil pan, or many others will also fit that K-member with no issues.

Quick Reply: New Hooker SN95 Mustang LS swap system preview thread