Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker SN95 Mustang LS swap system preview thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by sloryd95
​​​​​​When checking fitment with tko500/600 and QuickTime ls bell was the clutch fork installed. I'm running the Quicktime ls swap bell for Ford tko500/600. Trying to anticipate any clearance or interference issues with the clutch fork.
The long-tube headers shown here will not be compatible with the use of the stock clutch cable when utilizing the currently available QuickTime LS/Ford TKO 500/600 or LS/LS T 56 bellhousings; you would have to convert to a hydraulic clutch with such build configurations.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddoky
The long-tube headers shown here will not be compatible with the use of the stock clutch cable when utilizing the currently available QuickTime LS/Ford TKO 500/600 or LS/LS T 56 bellhousings; you would have to convert to a hydraulic clutch with such build configurations.
great work we really appreciate it.
i was out for a bit and couldnt follow
so the Motor mounts will work with
all oem SN95//NewEdge KMembers?
what oil pan is recommendet?
and the Tranny crossmembers are mocked up as well? Looking for 4l60e!
Old 02-28-2017, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sebambam
great work we really appreciate it.
i was out for a bit and couldnt follow
so the Motor mounts will work with
all oem SN95//NewEdge KMembers?
what oil pan is recommendet?
and the Tranny crossmembers are mocked up as well? Looking for 4l60e!
Yes, the engine adapter plates will work with the stock K-member and any aftermarket K-member 4.6 K-member that uses the stock engine mounting surface geometry. The system is based on the use of the Holley 302-2 oil pan and yes,the design process of the crossmembers has been completed and are into the tooling/production phase of development. The below image depicts a 4L60 sitting on a pre-production prototype of the crossmember intended for it...the crossmembers for the SN95 cars will not fit a New Edge car as the pick-up points under those cars are completely different.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, the engine adapter plates will work with the stock K-member and any aftermarket K-member 4.6 K-member that uses the stock engine mounting surface geometry. The system is based on the use of the Holley 302-2 oil pan and yes,the design process of the crossmembers has been completed and are into the tooling/production phase of development. The below image depicts a 4L60 sitting on a pre-production prototype of the crossmember intended for it...the crossmembers for the SN95 cars will not fit a New Edge car as the pick-up points under those cars are completely different.
thanks alot
will there be a crossmember for NewEdge models?
what motor mounts are required to work with the adapter plates?

and of course the question regarding the Price and availabilty..?

thanks for developing solutions that might make my life easier ( New edge model 5.3 lm7, 4l60e swap)
​​​​
Old 03-01-2017, 12:41 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks alot
will there be a crossmember for NewEdge models?
what motor mounts are required to work with the adapter plates?

and of course the question regarding the Price and availabilty..?

thanks for developing solutions that might make my life easier ( New edge model 5.3 lm7, 4l60e swap)
​​​​
Yes, there will be crossmembers developed for the New Edge cars, but I can't say exactly when that will take place.
The SN95 engine adapter plates are designed to use the 4.6L mod motor mounts. The SN95 parts will start hitting our shelves this months and should all be out within the next 60 days. Pricing will depend on who you buy them from.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, there will be crossmembers developed for the New Edge cars, but I can't say exactly when that will take place.
The SN95 engine adapter plates are designed to use the 4.6L mod motor mounts. The SN95 parts will start hitting our shelves this months and should all be out within the next 60 days. Pricing will depend on who you buy them from.
Hi any news on when the Mounts are available on the market?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Hi any news on when the Mounts are available on the market?
I'll look into their status for you next week.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll look into their status for you next week.
thank you
Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I have some new compatibility information for this application that will be useful to any of you guys with 94-95 cars. I did a mock-up last week on a 95 car to validate fitment of the Hooker components and can confirm that the engine brackets from the Fox body application combined with the SN95 headers and transmission crossmembers fit like a glove (thank you Ford for not making this a complicated affair), including the clearance of the headers around the stock steering shaft. I am test fitting accessory drive components on it today and will post pictures of everything once that is completed.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

This evaluation exercise has revealed these 1994-95 cars to be a very good swap candidate for those trying to do it with the lowest cost in mind and/or having to do the least amount of work.

Using the coming Holley Fox Body oil pan with the Hooker Fox body engine brackets and the 4th-gen F-body engine mounts they are designed to work with, the engine, headers, transmission crossmembers and exhaust systems clear everything on the car, which means you won't even have to replace/delete the stock steering shaft or lower K-member bracket.

I am still in the middle of validating accessory drive components, but I can say at this point that you can run the Holley (including the new low-mount A/C bracket), F-body/GTO or Corvette FEAD's under the stock hood. You can also run the truck FEAD by using a raised cowl hood.

OK, time to post some photos...the orange paint on the headers is due to them being the master production set.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Todd does this mean you're not going to continue with the original SN95 plates and mounts you developed, not really a bad thing as I like the Camaro mounts better anyway.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 79LS1FOX
Todd does this mean you're not going to continue with the original SN95 plates and mounts you developed, not really a bad thing as I like the Camaro mounts better anyway.
Those adapter plates are still needed for 1996-98 cars with stock K-members as their engine pad mounting geometry is completely different from the
94-95 cars. If you want to do an install on a factory K-member using the F-body engine mounts in a 96-98 car, you would have to swap in a 94-95 OE
K-member into it.

Once you move past using a stock K-member and are planning on using the car for drag racing, I would recommend using the AJE K-member, or the one from Team Z that deviates away from the stock factory mod motor engine pad geometry (they both use triangulated engine stands). That will provide you the ability to drop the engine down a 1/2" in the front, which will provide more under-hood and transmission clearance and a better ability to obtain desirable U-joint working angles on a lowered car.

We will probably revisit this application and develop engine brackets for the two mentioned aftermarket K-members as we are doing now for the Fox body application.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any snowballs chance in hell of an LSA motor fitting? How much clearance over the intake?
Old 04-17-2017, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Any snowballs chance in hell of an LSA motor fitting? How much clearance over the intake?
That's doubtful under the stock hood using the factory K-member. You could pick-up some clearance using K-member shims, but then you would be negating the cost effective nature of using the stock K-member with all the issues that come with using K-member shims. If I had an LSA blower/intake I'd check fit it for you, but I don't at the moment.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like an aftermarket k-member would be worthwhile for a swap like this. Miss my older FOX Mustang and think an LS swap would've been awesome. An LSA motor would be icing on the cake in an SN95!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Sounds like an aftermarket k-member would be worthwhile for a swap like this. Miss my older FOX Mustang and think an LS swap would've been awesome. An LSA motor would be icing on the cake in an SN95!
Certain aftermarket K-members do provide more freedom of parts compatibility...as long as there are engine brackets available that puts the engine in the discrete location required for said compatibilty. The K-members that are available collectively add variables that need to be accounted for to be able to build a set of headers and exhaust with consistent fitment between the different K-members. I've spent a week validating Fox body K-members and I can tell you their design geometries vary greatly.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Do you know the expected date for the 96+ engine adapter plates to hit the shelves? Have the swap headers, just waiting on the mounts. Thanks!!
Old 04-27-2017, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

so the SN95 swap headers are available already? i didnt see them online.

And again for my understanding.. they are build for the SN95s but possibly fi the 99-04 Mustang Models as well with YOUR Mounts?
thanks for all this great infos
Old 04-27-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sloryd95
Do you know the expected date for the 96+ engine adapter plates to hit the shelves? Have the swap headers, just waiting on the mounts. Thanks!!
I'm trying to square away a date now, but probably won't know until Monday.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

so the SN95 swap headers are available already? i didnt see them online.

And again for my understanding.. they are build for the SN95s but possibly fi the 99-04 Mustang Models as well with YOUR Mounts?
thanks for all this great infos
That's correct, they were designed for direct fitment on the 96-98 cars using the Hooker engine adapter plates on the stock K-member and should have no issues fitting cars up to 2004. I can't say how the headers or adapter plates will fit on any specific brand of aftermarket mod motor based K-member as most have various amounts of design deviations from the stock K-member geometry (i.e. not fully accommodating the anti-rotation button on the bottom of the engine mounts, changing the mounting position of the steering rack and not exactly replicating the stock engine mounting pad/slot position exactly).

Quick Reply: New Hooker SN95 Mustang LS swap system preview thread