Bureko 6x6 is a Very Angry Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Bureko 6x6 is a Very Angry Silverado

Bureko 6x6 is a Very Angry Silverado
By Joseph Coelho

Bureko has developed a distinctive truck that looks ready to tackle any terrain thrown at it.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

oof that front end tho
Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
oof that front end tho
Yeah that's just a touch of ugly...… plus 6 wheels can't do anything more than 4 can. Another wannabe truck…..
Old 05-22-2019, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Yeah that's just a touch of ugly...… plus 6 wheels can't do anything more than 4 can. Another wannabe truck…..
like a hummer and a Silverado had a bastard child. 6 wheels are cool if you ask me but yeah doesn't really add anything functionally. hard pass from me

edit: also not sure how this is relevant to the conversions and hybrids section, but that seems to be the CCE's M-O
Old 05-22-2019, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah if 6 wheels were really a "thing", Hummers (AND military variants, "Humvees") would have them from the factory.
The only guys who think they need 6 wheels really don't know anything about off-roading.
And I find the "CCE" really doesn't know anything about cars in general.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Yeah if 6 wheels were really a "thing", Hummers (AND military variants, "Humvees") would have them from the factory.
The only guys who think they need 6 wheels really don't know anything about off-roading.
And I find the "CCE" really doesn't know anything about cars in general.
Plenty of military trucks are 6x6 and do well off-road, look back to the deuce and a half, 5 ton, MRAP, Buffalo, MTV/IMV, multiple APC's, etc...

Granted in this case the vehicle at hand still has a shitty Chevy front end and snaps tierods if it looks at a rock so I agree, no added functionality besides at car shows and mall parking lots.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Plenty of military trucks are 6x6 and do well off-road, look back to the deuce and a half, 5 ton, MRAP, Buffalo, MTV/IMV, multiple APC's, etc...

Granted in this case the vehicle at hand still has a shitty Chevy front end and snaps tierods if it looks at a rock so I agree, no added functionality besides at car shows and mall parking lots.
I agree about the 6x6 and other military trucks. They had to carry loads that would have overloaded a single rear axle, &/OR needed multiple axles (more than 3 total) for floatation purposes. This truck is a huge waste of time and material. POSER....
Old 05-22-2019, 02:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

I agree about the 6x6 and other military trucks. They had to carry loads that would have overloaded a single rear axle, &/OR needed multiple axles (more than 3 total) for floatation purposes. This truck is a huge waste of time and material. POSER....
That's 75+% of trucks and suvs I see on the road. Almost every Jeep I see with half a catalog of parts on it is spotlessly clean and almost every new lifted $80k pickup is the same way. Some people just like the look and have no intentions of going offroad, kinda like cars... most of the hot rods I see don't actually race, they just like the look. Doesn't really mean you are a poser if you are doing something you enjoy, least they aren't driving a stock Prius! Kinda like every car with a big spoiler isn't a road race car, people just like the look... to each their own.

Really most every vehicle on this forum is a big waste of time and money, but we are doing what we enjoy which is what counts!
Old 05-22-2019, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
That's 75+% of trucks and suvs I see on the road. Almost every Jeep I see with half a catalog of parts on it is spotlessly clean and almost every new lifted $80k pickup is the same way. Some people just like the look and have no intentions of going offroad, kinda like cars... most of the hot rods I see don't actually race, they just like the look. Doesn't really mean you are a poser if you are doing something you enjoy, least they aren't driving a stock Prius! Kinda like every car with a big spoiler isn't a road race car, people just like the look... to each their own.

Really most every vehicle on this forum is a big waste of time and money, but we are doing what we enjoy which is what counts!
I have to agree with you about that! It's about whatever floats your boat! It's like the guy the guy that puts an ASA cam in an otherwise mostly-stock engine. Runs like crap, but loves the sound.