Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you happy with wait4me's reprogramming drivability and reliability?
AWESOME better than i thought possible!!
41.67%
GOOD no problems, but not hp mod by any means.
37.50%
BAD didnt work as described, wouldnt run, or runs poorly!!
20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

wait4me performance reprograms

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 198 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by LUMPY85
what if your Gallagher? lol
That would be watermelons to BIG hammers! LOL!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car would not idle at all, kept stalling and surging real bad, they did take out all the emissions and VATS like i asked. In thier defense i never called them to tell them about the problems i was having, i just went to a local tuner (who set the idle to 2000RPMs cold and 1100 when warm). I will be doing the next tune myself.

The harness turned out good, the price was great and so was the turnaround. I also called twice with questions and was helped promptly.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that. i had a local tuner quote me 100 buck to do mine, just delete the stuff i didnt want and tweak it a little, but damn im leery of any tuner if u talk about it long enough. i think ill just send mine to wait4me today and see what happens. i like speartech but i cant afford 300 bucks.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

As I have already stated, I used Jesse and am very happy. With that said thow how much power is to be had with a dyno tune. Is it worth the 500 bucks to get a dyno tune on a stock ls1? How much bang for the buck would you net in HP spending the doe on a dyno tune? Without impacting MPG that is?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

that is true, for some one to vote bad, because they got an increase in horse with a dyno tune, to me that "bad" doesnt count. for the one that said he never gave them a chance to fix it, sure, in reality it should be done right the first time. but there are always factor such as mods that werent mentioned, condition of the users parts, and the rest of the conversion that could be factoring in and getting blamed on the "tune"
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

on a stock ls1 I would not waste the money on a dyno tune

on a cammed, heads, ect car, sure it will be worth it, and I will get one eventually...but jesse's $60 tune was the difference between me driving my car now or driving it in several months
Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

I only gained like 7 peak rwhp from my mail order tune to my dyno tune. But peak power isnt everything. Driveability was way better after a full tune and the overall power band was smoother and stronger. I vote save your money for a full dyno tune, if possible. But im lucky, the tuner in my area is very reasonable, $200 for a full bolt-on tune.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

i still have VATS on my comp, so i gotta do something NOW. cant wait for a dyno turn unless i want to take it on a trailer, and then what if something else is wrong with it. think the guy dyno tuning will be happy with me wasting his time? i doubt it. but thanks for your response.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LUMPY85
i still have VATS on my comp, so i gotta do something NOW. cant wait for a dyno turn unless i want to take it on a trailer, and then what if something else is wrong with it. think the guy dyno tuning will be happy with me wasting his time? i doubt it. but thanks for your response.
this is what ultimately led me to get a wait4me pcm...I had wiring problems I blamed on the pcm, plus if I hadn't got a tuned computer I would have driven 3 hours with the car on a trailer behind a gas hog big block truck

know what I would have found once the tune was underway? I had a bad coil pack harness...took me 3 days at home to find out what was wrong and get a new one...that would have been a wasted trip because I would have assumed it was something in the tune

never even heard of people having problems with this until it happened to me...nothing is visibly wrong, putting a couple new coils on didn't help, but a new coil pack set from the junkyard and she fired right up

I would have spent more than $60 in gas on the wasted trip
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down

I personaly know of 3 diffrent people in my area that got his tunes and they 100% sucked!!! they would not idle for ****. and he does something to it where you cant get back into it with HPtunners. I called him about the probs I was having and he simply said it was my problem GM couldn't even reflash it I had to trash my computer and get a new one and start over..I would never trust him again with anything of mine if he was the only person on earth that could tune I would sell my car..

Old 11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

if that turns out to be the case I will be very displeased...now I'm curious
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
he does something to it where you cant get back into it with HPtunners.
I haven`t ever heard of that. I had my PCM tuned by wait4me and I didn`t have any problems when I bought HPT and started tuning with it. I didn`t have any problems with driveability, I was able to tweak it and lean out the cruise for better fuel economy because I could tune as I drove. He didn`t turn the MIL off for everything either, just for the stuff that I had asked for.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-Body
I haven`t ever heard of that. I had my PCM tuned by wait4me and I didn`t have any problems when I bought HPT and started tuning with it. I didn`t have any problems with driveability, I was able to tweak it and lean out the cruise for better fuel economy because I could tune as I drove. He didn`t turn the MIL off for everything either, just for the stuff that I had asked for.
you are lucky because like I said I personally know of 3 different ones that he F'd up. I wish I could remember the code that HPT through but I'm not a tunner.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

No problems here. Been running a swap ('72 240Z) all year on the street, autocrosses, track days, and a drag night. I only asked for VATS, rear O2 etc to be turned off so I dont know if anything else was touched. Idles a little high at about 900 RPM but has big exhaust and very little intake restriction that has not been compensated for. Get somewhere in the low 20's MPG. Stock '02 LS1 ran 12.55@118 MPH in 2550 lb race weight on old crappy street tires so due the math and it's making good power. Would definitely use again.

Cameron
Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had jesse tune my 98 pcm and it works great in my Monza swap. Power wise I have no idea what it makes but it runs great and idles smooth. I know it's fast and reliable and thats what counts.

Bill
Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Mine runs fine too. I'm going to have him do another one this winter.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Have been running his tune on my H/C Ls1 for about 3 yrs. Excellent mail order tune. Could obviously pick up a few more hp with a dyno tune.

I was actually surprised to turn an 11:69 the only time I ran it at the track.
Not bad for a street car on drag radials.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM
rao
TECH Resident

I have used him a few times and have been very pleased. I now have HP Tuners and would just do it myself.

I can tell you that every time I thought there was a problem with the tune and called him, he suggested problems with my set up and was right every time.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys for all the kind words. It makes my job a little more fun to see people are happy.

As for me locking the tunes that is impossible. I have never locked a single one.

EFILive should be able to Read every single one just fine. As i have never recieved a computer back that was locked. SOMETIMES there are no vin numbers in the streetrod ecms that i would think is the problem with your guy having issues with Hptuners software.

Most of the streetrod ecms that people send me i dont change the vin unless requested.

Those guys ALWAYS get FREE retunes for ANYTHING i do, so there is no reason to pay for a dynotune. If you send me wideband data or logs, i GLADLY set up the tune more exact to thier setup.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me

As for me locking the tunes that is impossible. I have never locked a single one.

all I can speak from is my bad experience. I don't know about you locking them but mine was nothing more than junk when I got it back from you and even at that I wouldn't have been that mad until I called you and you said it was my problem. that is just bad business and if you "stood behind your work" you would have at least offered to take a look at and not blame everything under the sun beside your crappy tuning. hey I have a simple solution for you how about a refund? and you will never hear another negative word from me.

Quick Reply: wait4me performance reprograms