Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you happy with wait4me's reprogramming drivability and reliability?
AWESOME better than i thought possible!!
41.67%
GOOD no problems, but not hp mod by any means.
37.50%
BAD didnt work as described, wouldnt run, or runs poorly!!
20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

wait4me performance reprograms

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how people change when there are potentially thousands of people watching a public forum isn't it? Of course, there are always two sides to every story *shrug*

I don't agree with the "no reason to pay for a dynotune" comment either. I can understand if someone would rather pay for a street tune over dyno. But either way, tuning in car is the only way IMO and data / wideband logs are still only going to get you so far. Unless the customer intends to mail the PCM back and forth as many times as it takes to get everything in line. Then again, I guess it depends on what type of "tuning" we're talking about too...
Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wait4me computer showed up today. it fired right up and runs smooth. i know i can get more power from a dyno tune, but for mail order it will work. i dont race my jeep, i just need it to run. it beats the **** out of the factory 4.0 non revving turd chrysler used to make. lots of torque for some, but for me its a boat anchor
Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, for what you need it for, you're fine. Someone looking to squeeze every bit of power out of their sports car would be another story.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Teching In

It seems like he forgot my OBD2 port. All I got was one wire tagged OBD2 instead a bunch of wires leading into a standard OBD2 plug.

I wish I could plug into a hand held to see if its running rough because of something I may have overlooked or something in the tune. Its running rough and sputters at WOT in 2nd gear at low revs and same with first at low revs If I'm higher up in the rpm band and ease into WOT it feels good most of the time but some times not so much. I had him simplify a 98 Camaro harness and tune the ecu to work in my Toyota rockcrawler about 5 years ago and haven't finished the project until now.

I did beak off an intake manifold bolt while hoisting it a few years back but just just siliconed the broken bolt back in the manifold hole. I will change it out shortly but figured just 1 broken bolt shouldn't give me these all of these drivability issues.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1ToyotaCrawler
It seems like he forgot my OBD2 port. All I got was one wire tagged OBD2 instead a bunch of wires leading into a standard OBD2 plug.

I wish I could plug into a hand held to see if its running rough because of something I may have overlooked or something in the tune. Its running rough and sputters at WOT in 2nd gear at low revs and same with first at low revs If I'm higher up in the rpm band and ease into WOT it feels good most of the time but some times not so much. I had him simplify a 98 Camaro harness and tune the ecu to work in my Toyota rockcrawler about 5 years ago and haven't finished the project until now.

I did beak off an intake manifold bolt while hoisting it a few years back but just just siliconed the broken bolt back in the manifold hole. I will change it out shortly but figured just 1 broken bolt shouldn't give me these all of these drivability issues.

IF you have a vacuum leak, then it could be causing your issue. It will be running richer than it should due to the o2 sensors seeing that air.

The obd2 port is usually on the BODY harness of a vehicle. We gave you the wire to hook up to that body harness. It is just one wire you need to hook into your obd2 port from the engine harness.

On the port itself though, you will need to hook up orange to 12v +. The 2 blacks go to ground, and the orange wire goes to OUR green wire we labeled. Then it will work as it should.

AS per your other issue though, it sounds fuel related, and a leaking intake would cause that. Or a leaking exhaust, or bad mass air meter, or some other modification that was made that was changed from time you had the computer programmed.

99% of problems are from modifications made that where not told. Most tuners are not psychic.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait4me modified my harness, and did a re-program on the PCM. Started the first time with no issues. And guess what, it still runs great. Thanks Jesse/Hannah!

Andy1
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They did my PCM back in 2006... started right up and I ran it that way for five years until I finally got a dyno tune.. Went from 300 rwhp to 330 rwhp, for stock, that isn't bad...Mark Romans was the tuner.

You need to make sure every thing else is good... and sound like you do have other problems.

BC
Old 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I had a pcm/tune from him in my 00 5.3 auto truck back in may 2005 and as far as I know, the truck is still on the road, I sold the truck back in sept 2008

when I get around to having my harness re-done for standalone and pcm tune in my new project, I will more then likely use him
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wait4me
IF you have a vacuum leak, then it could be causing your issue. It will be running richer than it should due to the o2 sensors seeing that air.

The obd2 port is usually on the BODY harness of a vehicle. We gave you the wire to hook up to that body harness. It is just one wire you need to hook into your obd2 port from the engine harness.

On the port itself though, you will need to hook up orange to 12v +. The 2 blacks go to ground, and the orange wire goes to OUR green wire we labeled. Then it will work as it should.

AS per your other issue though, it sounds fuel related, and a leaking intake would cause that. Or a leaking exhaust, or bad mass air meter, or some other modification that was made that was changed from time you had the computer programmed.

99% of problems are from modifications made that where not told. Most tuners are not psychic.
That's great customer service right there. Thanks for the quick response. A+ company.

Too bad the poll is closed because I would of voted "Awesome"

Quick Reply: wait4me performance reprograms