Sponsored by:

E36 BMW M3 LS1/ M6 has begun

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ruegs21
How's she running?
Its running well! I have a slight miss-fire at light throttle & cruise rpms that is a bit annoying, but there are always a few bugs to work out when you do a project like this.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hefftone
I love it.
Would love to know more about your hydroboost, headers, and steering shaft setup.
Looks great, I'm drooling.
Ask away, I am willing to lend a hand any way I know how. Most of my project came from looking at the way others had done theirs. It took a lot of time and research, but it came together pretty quickly.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Reno... May have seen me or my car around causing trouble. I would love to check your car out. I know a couple poeple hot rodding BMWs around town. I'm surprised I missed this thread for so long. You going to be driving it around anytime soon?? Too bad it's raining right now.

BTW bad *** build
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

We may have crossed paths at some point... I have been a Mustang guy for a long time... actually have a turbo 5.0 that is in process as well. I plan on taking the car (M3) to Fallon when I have all the bugs ironed out. Of course I dont plan on opening the hood until I make a few passes... I have a NOS fogger kit sitting on the shelf in the garage waiting for a new home.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Teching In

sweet, another worng motor creation lurking around reno..
Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

What's your name and what did you drive? Ever do the street thing? I used to rock a black 3rd gen camaro, everyone remembers my integra, and now you'll either see me in the car in my sig or an 02 vette. Here's a couple threads of the cars anyways.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...cks-i-own.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...up-killer.html

Fallon opens the 13th of marh I think. Maybe I'll show up and see what's happening.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Id like to see this creation in person. Supralsx, Picnic George, and myself all work together and live here in Reno. Im on this site religously and Im shocked I have not seen this thread.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Id like to see this creation in person. Supralsx, Picnic George, and myself all work together and live here in Reno. Im on this site religously and Im shocked I have not seen this thread.
yes you are and p.s i just stole your latest gmhigh-tech from your desk. i win..

Last edited by superlsx; 02-06-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: im a hillbilly that cant spell. thanks klye
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stool? your crazy yager
Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

My name is James, the old mustang was a 89 black primer GT that had a 393 with a vortch YS-trim. I ripped it apart because it kept destroying transmissions... 6speeds, c-6's- neither could handle it. I ended up putting the 393 into a really clean 87GT and put a 76MM Pro Turbo Systems kit and a TH400, 9", etc. Like I said... its a work in progress. I cant wait to get it running, but I have to get the M3 back to daily driver status. The garage A.D.D. thing is a problem sometimes!

On that note... I received the A/C brackets from New Age Hotrods... they allow you to use a BMW 4cyl compressor and bolt it up to the stock LS1 bracket. I should be able to re-use all the stock hoses, condenser, etc.

Ok, this is random, but I have to put these guys in for a girl I work with that really likes them.....

I'm assuming you guys know Jay over at IVM, he knows me and was there the day my car put 709HP and 676 TQ to the rear tires at Mr Gasket Co in Carson a few years back. Jay helped me tune the FMU... the A/F ratio was slightly rich, started out near 10:1.1. He leaned it out to 11.5:1- it was out of control. I never could keep the car together long enough to make a drag pass. The 1st time I took it out with the C-6 it killed 3rd gear on the 1st run. I was so tired of it I parted the car out and started with a new one. Maybe some day I will get to drive it!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah everyone knows Jay lol. If im not at home, the track, or work im most likely there durring the summer.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cyipher and I do work there on occassion. As a matter of fact I used to work there and know Jay quite well. Here is us a few months ago working on a brand new ZR1, CTSV and Challenger for top gear.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...ow-nite-2.html

Sounds like you have had some serious rides. Can't say I know them though. Maybe if I saw pics or something I'd know. But I want to check out the BMW for sure. Sounds like a cool car to mob around in.]

EDIT~ Cyipher why does your ish say 11 second club? Should say 10 second club or broken down and loses to LS1 cars on the street club
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

cause it looks more impressive when you jump from 11's to single digit club
Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cyipher-

Do you know the red headed step child Tappan?

He's a buddy of mine and keeps telling me about a nasty small block Nissan running around town. Yours certainly fits that bill...

You guys need to tell Gabe to get the TT Chevelle going as well!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unnatrl
Cyipher-

He's a buddy of mine and keeps telling me about a nasty small block Nissan running around town. Yours certainly fits that bill...

The only redheaded stephchild i know is gabe lol. The name doesnt ring any bells, but it could be my car. Last year it was a very mild motor, vortec truck motor with a small cam and a 125 shot. It doesnt take much to clean up the streets of reno. hers a vid or 3

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=redding.flv
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=FILE0003.flv
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...=kylevswes.flv
Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyipher
The only redheaded stephchild i know is gabe lol. The name doesnt ring any bells, but it could be my car. Last year it was a very mild motor, vortec truck motor with a small cam and a 125 shot. It doesnt take much to clean up the streets of reno. hers a vid or 3

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=redding.flv
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=FILE0003.flv
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...=kylevswes.flv
Got ya... I meant mazda BTW... they all look the same
Old 02-06-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did someone say nasty small block??? The mazda? HAHAHA It's cool Karl is e-famous. That BMW riding the streets at all? I'd really like to see the ls1 wedged in there
Old 02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sure is. I am working out a few minor problems... after a swap like this I'm pretty happy how little I have to fix/ change. It has seen about 200 miles since I got it running, many many more to come. I have to re-do the driveshaft, as the 3" diameter aluminum shaft rubs the trans tunnel. There is a miss that is present at 20-30% throttle load and cruise RPM that keeps eluding me. Its annoying! The exhaust is way too loud, so I am experimenting with a few different resonators. All in all it has been a fun project and should be complete very soon.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gabe says you're friends with Boyer and used to work were we work. Also you're related to Danny over at Hewes somehow. I'm sure we've met somewhere sometime. Had to of.. HAHA, I still wanna see this beast
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unnatrl
Cyipher-

HAHAHA I know Tappan, and Tappan is talking about a mazda not a nissan but its not cyiphers mazda hes talking about.

Quick Reply: E36 BMW M3 LS1/ M6 has begun