Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Fed up, My 240sx LS1 is depressing me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 PM
ggk
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvolvo

Seriously PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AND THINK ABOUT THIS FOR !) MINUTES BEFORE YOU DO ANOTHER THING!
lol you tried to capitalize 10 lol

but chill buddy the guy has questions you dont have to insult him.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ggk
HAHAHAHA

I'm not sure how the car would react with them removed and not functioning. Not having functioning EGR i can see being a problem. EGR will dilute the air mixture which means the engine would run rich if it we're getting any exhaust gas but thinking it was, or could run lean if it was getting exhaust gas but not knowing it. A bad EGR valve can cause some horrible backfiring and stumbling on engines. I've never dealt with one on an LS1 but i have had one stick on an LT1, and a couple other engines.

You can completely tune out all of the emmissions things. Are you running a computer that is even tuned for your swap? I cant rememeber i'm sorry
Old 12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ggk

but chill buddy the guy has questions you dont have to insult him.
seriously ssvolvo, what do u want me to say? sorry I don't know as much as u do... hehe, ur so mad ur finger couldn't let go of that shift key

anyhow, Im going to see about removing those, now we have to get the guy with HP tuners to help me... if I experiance problems with it, not knowing how to remove the AIR and EGR, i'll be back...

ssvolvo: if your really bothered by my thread just refrain from posting or reading bro...

Thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

update: I swear I have no Idea what so ever what happened today... but while I was crusing and my car running like total ****... Suddenly out of no where, no more backfire, car becomes very strong, car idles perfectly... and everything is good... I swear I didn't do anything didn't touch crap... Im so surprised... but my gearbox on D dosn't **** neither up or down, just sticks on 2nd gear...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

You probably had several collapsed lifters, when they refilled with oil your engine started running right, or the car fairies paid you a visit.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

But really SIX pages of BS all because this guy is too lazy to finish his project.

Yur lucky the junk runs at all.

Finish the wiring correctly before you tune out a bunch of stuff you MIGHT NEED!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

off complete bullshit...?! u idiot my car wasn't moving right and suddenly started working without me touching a thing... thats why I had questions... where the hell did u see that im missing something..?!

I was missing a couple and they are already on the car, and Ive checked the codes... what the hell is ur problem? i've said it before if u have nothing good to say don't say anything... ur post is whats bullshit in here... scram, beat it...

If you can't contribute in something good **** OFF...

(I've seen dumbasses like u in newtiburon.com, in honda-tech.com, and now here... SHUT THE **** UP)
Old 12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
drz
On The Tree

A rich running engine can foul spark-plugs after a while. Have you checked the plugs? Plugs will trigger a P0300 misfire code though.

If the engine is down 1 or more cylinders completely (never fires), the ECU may not throw a misfire code. If the engine is stock but sounds like it has a cam lope, you're down a cylinder or two. While the engine is running, unplug coil connectors one at a time and listen for a change. If one is unplugged and there's no difference, you've found a dead cylinder. Might be coil wiring, might be a plug wire, might be an injector. The LS1 injectors have a tendency to stick closed if they are left sitting with fuel in them for a while. Tapping them lightly with the blunt end of a screwdriver will usually free them up. You can check their operation by placing your hand on each one individually while the engine is running and feel for the "click" with each cycle.

Good luck
Old 12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

thank u for this helpfull info about ls1 injectors... also needed to know how to check my injectors... very helpfull bro thanks alot, I will check in a couple of mins...
Old 12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

have you cleared the codes yet? are you still getting any?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Nope after getting them first time I did clear them, now tomorow im going to check what codes it poped out again...

My gear box was changing from 1st to 2nd then 3rd on D, but then suddenly it stopped and I have to manualy do it... so Im going to check maybe the connector poped out?

I felt my injectors today for a click... and I couldn't feel anything...?! is the click really slight or should it be easily felt... cause I didn't feel ****...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

ok I also did a Fuel pressure check, and I found that my Brand new 255 walboro is at 49 LBS is that normal?
Old 12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would probably chock the 49 psi up as gage error assuming you have a vette style regulator in it.

sounds like you still have a power issue with the trans.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:47 AM
drz
On The Tree

If you can't feel the injector operation, you can listen to them by placing the blade end of a large screwdriver against the injector body and your ear against the blunt end. The injector cycling is a very apparent click-click-click-click. . . .

The fist tell-tale of a cylinder being down on a stock engine is an idle chop or uneven sound. Stock motors idle very smoothly. Engines with really big cams are harder to tell. Does your motor idle with a smooth sound? Or does it chop a bit? I usually check for cylinder firing first by unplugging coil leads, and then verify the injector operation of any down cylinders. If the injector is found to be working, then that quickly narrows the problem to the ignition side.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

ok, update, I made another diagnostic, and I had a couple of codes... my MAF sensor still says low frequency, so that should be checked again...

But whats happening now is that my 7th piston is not changing any feel of the engine when I unplug the Coil off, but when I checked the coil it did give an electric pulse to the wire.. and when I checked the Injector via an injector tester it did give an OK (which means its good when the car was on ON) but when I started the car it stopped responding so what I actually concluded is that my sparkplug is actually dead... cause when the car is ON the injector is OK, but when it starts is when the injector stops responding...

What do u guys think? Im going to change that sparkplug tomorow to check whether its the reason...

I have some FAN RELAY, AND EGR codes which I need to delete via HP Tuners, I did go into the ECU using HP Tuners and I went into the On/Off option, I did put the OFF button on the fan relays and everything else, but when I rechecked for codes all the fan relay codes plus the EGR poped right up again...!!! what did I do wrong? how do I save the settings?!

Thanks

Last edited by wajouba; 01-01-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quit the childish bickering now.

-The Moderator Staff
Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

im having the same problem with mine, my codes are about the same. its just in limp mode, checked compression, a bunch of stuff. if you still have it could you tell me how you got it to work?

sorry, old thread reborn
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
im having the same problem with mine, my codes are about the same. its just in limp mode, checked compression, a bunch of stuff. if you still have it could you tell me how you got it to work?

sorry, old thread reborn
See post 89.. follow it, report back..
Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by beertestr
I read through your thread. If you are looking for compatible parts in the Middle East, I gotta ask. Can you buy a Chevrolet Lumina or Caprice in Lebanon? They run GenIII and GenIV SMall blocks, aka very similar cousins to your LS1.. In fact the 2003-2004 Lumina and Caprice is basically a 2001-2002 Camaro LS1 with a different oilpan, and very few other differences in sensors.

What year Camaro did you get the motor out of?

what am i suppose to get from this? are you askin me what year is mine??
in this case its a 2004 gto
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

these are the codes by the way just in case it helps,
p0803
p0650
p0102
p0200
p0443
p0449
p0452
p0481

Quick Reply: I'm Fed up, My 240sx LS1 is depressing me!!!