Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well here I go LQ9 Build for a '67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well here I go LQ9 Build for a '67 Camaro

My 2002 LQ9 has arrived complete with accessories, wiring harness, and ECM. Next step is to start disassembly (removing intake and accessories) for mock up fit. I will use a Keisler 6M, A/C, power steering, and LT's.

I need help picking mounts, radiator (electric fans), LT's, and accessory mounts. I have no experience with LS motors so this should be fun. I've searched the threads but most of the stuff is pretty old. I'm hoping some new parts have come out to make things simpler.

I plan to modify the LQ9, although TSP has not returned my emails yet (hint, hint guys!). This is a street cruiser that will see a little track time. I already have the Hotchkis TVS and will soon be ordering a 4.10 12 bolt, fuel tank with built-in pump, and the transmission.

Any helpful advise will be appreciated. I'm pretty slow on projects but will try to post updates here. LS1Tech is a great source of info!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 AM
Launching!

sounds alot like my build, I just picked up an 03 lq9, and t56 going in a 69 camaro. I went with the edelbrock mounts and headers, just got them a week or so ago. I can't decide what cam to go with either. I am thinking about the tsp torquer 2.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Launching!

For the fans I would go with the full Entropy radiator/fan setup from Ebay. It's around $550 and has two powerful fans and an additional steam line connector. I used Autokraft mounts and Oil Pan (ATS mount identical) and reworked a TH400 Crossmember. I used hooker headers...wouldn't a second time because I had to massage two tubes for things to work. The S&P shorty's look like a perfect fit with no banging required.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Teching In

this isn't an add for S&P. i've used them before and they may be more expensive than some others but this is what they do for a living and they do have lots of experience which means good info to the customer. look 'em up on line then call mark on monday. mase
Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks to all who have replied.

12thStreet, have you mocked up your headers and mounts yet? Do they fit well with the Camaro's stock steering? I'm thinking heads/cam from TSP, and maybe stroker (but that may blow the budget).

fast400, I will look into the Entropy radiator. Does the use of the Autokraft mounts and pan clear the steering? Mine will have stock (upgraded box) steering. Does that move the engine forward or rearward? I'm thinking rearward is better due to better weight distribution for the car. I want to stay with LT's though.

vapoppa, I will look at S & P. They're not too far from me. I'm just not sure I can afford them.

Thanks all,
Dee

Quick Reply: Well here I go LQ9 Build for a '67 Camaro