Old 11-07-2009, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out about this.

Speed Hunters
Old 11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^thats cool, hes got a point. see the ricer retard who said a 2jz would be better? ls1 Miata FTW! that thing is so cool, gotta be more fun than any car ever
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dark_dementshun
Closeup of the best run.

I didn't know what to expect honestly. I'm just glad everything held together. All around i had a good time, and am pretty satisfied so far.

Hellz yeah man! You've got alot left. You've gotta get that 60' down and everything will be so much better. You know that though.

My truck NA and your car NA are pretty close.. your MPH though is awesome though. TImeslips are so facinating to me. On my trucks NA run, it ran 11.6 @115. Comparing yoru slip to mine, my trucks faster in everything (just barely) until after the 1/8, where you gain freaking 8 MPH. Damn that thing must pull like a beast!

You've got ALOT left in that thing mang! I have no doubt once you get everything ironed out, you'll be low 11's NA, trapping mid to upper 120's. And then when you start spraying. Giggity!

Congrats on not breaking anything
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by dark_dementshun
Just found out about this.

Speed Hunters
What track did you go to?

Andrew
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

I just looked through the thread, but couldn't find pics of the front mount you made for the T2 Diff, I was wondering if you could post some if you had any?

I'm thinking about a NA or NB miata swap right now and I like the T2 diff (ran 9 second 1/4 mile time in my RX7), and I already have a spare sitting here. I figured a good way would be to tie the front mount backwards instead of forwards, but I'd like to see how you did it. Another curious question, do you know what length your driveshaft ended up being?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mac_24_seven
Hellz yeah man! You've got alot left. You've gotta get that 60' down and everything will be so much better. You know that though.

My truck NA and your car NA are pretty close.. your MPH though is awesome though. TImeslips are so facinating to me. On my trucks NA run, it ran 11.6 @115. Comparing yoru slip to mine, my trucks faster in everything (just barely) until after the 1/8, where you gain freaking 8 MPH. Damn that thing must pull like a beast!

You've got ALOT left in that thing mang! I have no doubt once you get everything ironed out, you'll be low 11's NA, trapping mid to upper 120's. And then when you start spraying. Giggity!

Congrats on not breaking anything
I'm so glad i have not broken anything yet. I know once the 60' gets lower, it is probably only a matter of time til the weak links start to show. Either way i am ready to take it back out and see what she will do. I honestly think she has an 11.5 or so in it right now. I don't see the 60' getting low enough to do much better than that right now.

On a side note, a friend offered to give me a cam he used to run in exchange for helping him with wiring. I think a smallish cam would make this even more interesting.

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
What track did you go to?

Andrew
I went to Hub City Dragway. It is decent. They don't always prep the track too well, but i had no excuses that night.

Originally Posted by aram
I just looked through the thread, but couldn't find pics of the front mount you made for the T2 Diff, I was wondering if you could post some if you had any?

I'm thinking about a NA or NB miata swap right now and I like the T2 diff (ran 9 second 1/4 mile time in my RX7), and I already have a spare sitting here. I figured a good way would be to tie the front mount backwards instead of forwards, but I'd like to see how you did it. Another curious question, do you know what length your driveshaft ended up being?

Thanks.
Hmm, i guess i don't have any photos of it. Weird. It is a very simple design, but does block where the exhaust needs to run. That is why i am about to redesign it. Others have just built a mount to the rear subframe. I'm simply going to do the same. It is nice to see someone getting good 60' times on the TII. I have an extra diff and two extra sets of axles, but i would rather not need them. haha

My driveshaft length is still spray painted on my hood so i could remember. 28 5/8" is the distance from the seal on the rear of the tranny to the flange on the diff. I just told the guys at driveshaftshop that and they made the driveshaft giving it around 1" of play.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Teching In

I would also really like a picture of what you did with the T2 rear. I just picked up an LS6 for my 95', and I just cant justify spending the 2k for axles that everyone wants for the 8.8 rear.

Thanks

Michael
Old 11-14-2009, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Ok. I will snap some photos this weekend and put them up. I will also try to show how i'm going to re-do the design.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 915 Posts

Just a reminder, you can do a 3.73 gear using the TII housing.

Andrew
Old 11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

We needs more videos. I'm between keeping the miata and putting an ls1 in it or buying a 240 for the added tire room. Get that monster hooking and make up my mind
Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
We needs more videos. I'm between keeping the miata and putting an ls1 in it or buying a 240 for the added tire room. Get that monster hooking and make up my mind
There are plenty of build threads, swaps, pics and vids over at miata.net forum in the engine conversion section. Most of the guys that post here also have threads over there. But there are many over there that haven't posted complete builds/pics here. I'm one of them.

Frank
Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Launching!

I'm on a few of the miata forums but no one has done it right in my eyes so far. Nobody has really put any power down and got some traction. M.net isn't my cup of tea when it comes to car people
Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry for the lack of updates. Work and women... haha I got in some adjustable rear upper control arms to help with the camber. Should be putting those on very soon. I'm thinking that will help my 60' a lot.

By the way, cold weather makes this car silly. Tires get harder, and traction is even worse. 2nd gear last night got so stupid i had to end up getting out of the throttle all together... I love it!
Old 11-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Speed Hunters
Mazda's concept for the Miata has always been jinba ittai, or "oneness between horse and rider". In this case though, it's more like "rider hanging on for dear life as bronco takes him on wild ride down the dragstrip".
LOL Thats funny
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Teching In

This would be a nice ride if the owner wasn't so gay.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by audioxtremes
This would be a nice ride if the owner wasn't so gay.
What's your problem?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

One Post Wonder up there.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02camaroburn
I'm on a few of the miata forums but no one has done it right in my eyes so far. Nobody has really put any power down and got some traction. M.net isn't my cup of tea when it comes to car people
Then build one to show us how "the right way" is. Show us the light.....
Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slysdexic MoadRatser
What's your problem?
Owner is a friend.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either a VERY good friend, or a betrayed friend I assume?

Quick Reply: LS powered Miata swap- Build Thread