Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 T56 Chevy II clutch setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jej
I am working on a 63 Chevy II with ls1/T56. I fabricated a master cylinder bracket using the ones they make for early Camaros. It doesn't run yet but it seems that the clutch works fine. I am on a tight budget and this didn't cost that much to do (cost of bracket and stock Camaro clutch master cylinder). You can see pictures at:
http://justinschevyii.blogspot.com/
Hope this maybe sparks an idea. If you have any questions just ask.

Justin
Justin your project and pics have been a real good help! Thankyou, I was wondering if you could do me a favor and measure from the center of the brake master cylinder hole to the right to the center of the clutch master cylinder hole. I need help to know how far over the clutch master needs to be to the right of the brake master cylinder... I am designing a bracket on a CAD design software...

Thanks so much,

Mark
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 AM
jej
Teching In

I was wondering if you could do me a favor and measure from the center of the brake master cylinder hole to the right to the center of the clutch master cylinder hole. I need help to know how far over the clutch master needs to be to the right of the brake master cylinder
It looks like my clutch master cylinder is about 3.25" to the right of the brake master cylinder. I didn't have any numbers to go by and couldn't find a Chevy II specific bracket so I just did the best I could. When I made the bracket I took the whole brake/clutch pedal assembly out of the car and supported it in a vise. I then cut the Camaro bracket in half, bolted the top half of the bracket to the bolts that hold the brake master cylinder and bolted the clutch master cylinder to the bottom half. I got it lined up with the clutch pedal and tack welded it. When I put things all back together in the car it was a timy bit off, so I just used a washer or two to get it straight. This allowed me sort of figure it out without the firewall in the way. You might be able to get down under the dash and come up with some better numbers than I got. Sorry I can't be more help.

Justin
Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jej
It looks like my clutch master cylinder is about 3.25" to the right of the brake master cylinder. I didn't have any numbers to go by and couldn't find a Chevy II specific bracket so I just did the best I could. When I made the bracket I took the whole brake/clutch pedal assembly out of the car and supported it in a vise. I then cut the Camaro bracket in half, bolted the top half of the bracket to the bolts that hold the brake master cylinder and bolted the clutch master cylinder to the bottom half. I got it lined up with the clutch pedal and tack welded it. When I put things all back together in the car it was a timy bit off, so I just used a washer or two to get it straight. This allowed me sort of figure it out without the firewall in the way. You might be able to get down under the dash and come up with some better numbers than I got. Sorry I can't be more help.

Justin

Justin you have been a great help!!!! Just another thing from the center of the brake master cylinder hole to the center of the clutch master cylinder hole. what is the height or lenth, also how did you connect your clutch master cylinder rod to the clutch pedal.

Thanks so much mark.

Quick Reply: Ls1 T56 Chevy II clutch setup!